• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPB

Leven fucking 50 and Mimics are still the most fucking fear inducing enemies in this entire game.

I mean shit do they scale WITH you or something?!?

They're ridiculous, I'm sure that flying kick attack does more damage than most bosses do. I've stopped fighting them now, it isn't worth the hassle, I just chuck an undead hunter charm which lets you loot them safely.

Trying to decide on a greatsord/pyromancy build. How are wolf Knight's, hollowslayer, and wolnirs holy swords late game? Is any one really great or really terrible?

I'm in the mid-game right now, but I have the Hollowslayer at +3 and it's demolishing. Haven't felt the need to switch, even with the cool moveset and range of the Wolf Knight's greatsword. Wolnirs seems a bit underwhelming IMO.

But yeah, only the greathammers are even coming close to outpacing my Hollowslayer, and it's just got a good balance of speed and moveset. Especially with the wolf knight greatshield to enable weapon attacks.

If I find enough upgrade materials for the Wolf Knight's greatsword, I may switch though. I really like its weapon arts.

They're ridiculous, I'm sure that flying kick attack does more damage than most bosses do. I've stopped fighting them now, it isn't worth the hassle, I just chuck an undead hunter charm which lets you loot them safely.
No matter how much HP I have that tracking kick still takes 3/4th of my health. I'll take your advice, fuck fighting them.

Onemic

It's worth those extra souls though. Mimics are harmless to me, just stay close to them and roll out of the way.

CHC

Man the A
rchdragon Peak
is one of my favorite zones in the whole series, what a cool place. Really felt like such a perfect analogue to the Painted World from DS1.

Sephzilla

Mimics don't mess around:

(catacombs spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7KpkC_YJKI

uXpvg12.gif

burgerdog

I have nowhere to go but Irithyll Dungeon and reading your sories about this place makes me not want to enter AT ALL, I've been sitting at the bonfire for 10 minutes now :(

I love this place, there's only one thing that bothers me about it. I found an old cell key and I have no idea where to use it. I've cleared that place about ten times and no luck. I'm starting to think that I possibly used that key already and simply forgot about it. The description says that it's to open the oldest cell in the dungeon. I'll google it once I beat the game.

LiK

Man the A
rchdragon Peak
is one of my favorite zones in the whole series, what a cool place. Really felt like such a perfect analogue to the Painted World from DS1.

Yea, good area and the enemies drop a shitload of souls. Great farming location.

I love this place, there's only one thing that bothers me about it. I found an old cell key and I have no idea where to use it. I've cleared that place about ten times and no luck. I'm starting to think that I possibly used that key already and simply forgot about it. The description says that it's to open the oldest cell in the dungeon. I'll google it once I beat the game.

It's in
that rectangular room with the fuckton of jailers, with that square column in the center.

Jamesways

Man, this thread moves way too fast. I'm still back on page 30ish.

At the dungeon now. Not looking forward to it.

Went back and mopped up a bunch of stuff in various areas last night and I totally screwed myself out of respecing. Having to stop to feed a baby and came back, exited out of a menu screen and accidentally killed Rosaria. Shit shit shit.

Was going to change to a fast female light armor build before NG+, to test out fashion souls with gear and weapons all unlocked.

Might just start a new character now. Or do NG+ and race through first bosses to get back to the Cathedral of the Deep.

Hmmm... quite a pickle indeed.

And I screwed up pretty much every NPC quest this run through.

Mman235

I mean shit do they scale WITH you or something?!?

Sort of? Throughout the series when you encounter identical enemies in later areas they generally have their stats buffed a bit so you don't completely crush them (although it's usually subtle enough that your own upgrades outstrip them).

Dartastic

Just beat Dea
cons of the Deep
and Hig
h Lord Wolnir

Both were actually pretty easy battles. The former I did on the first try, but the latter took some tries as I couldn't see the
poison fog
(?)
How did you do the latter? Got there last night, and it seems like my hits aren't doing much damage, although somehow I did a hit and it did like 1/3 of his life bar? No idea how I did that.

Taruranto

These areas IMO are really great stuff:
High Wall Lothric
Lothric Castle
Undead Settlement
Archdrake Peake
Cathedral
Irythyl Valley
Irythyl Dungeon (minus those Jailers)
Grand Archives

Areas I didn't care for or didn't like as much:
Road of Sacrifice/Farron swamp
Catacombs
Untended Graves
Demon Ruins/Smoltering Lake
Anor Londo (?) (Haven't fully explored it yet though)

I would say the middle third is probably the weakest of the game as you have the
Swamp/Smoltering Lake/Catacombs
all near each other.

I suspect the
Grand Archives
are what they originally had in mind for
The Duke's Archives
, but couldn't realize because of time/budget.

Really like that
There is a secret passage near the top that brings you on the celling and you can use it to access the archives archways.

There is also
only one bonfire
, which it's very DS1 in design.

Sullichin

Need to know this too, most of the time it is between levels 90-120... Been asking but no one has said the level or location. I'm currently level 85 so I do not want to waste stat points and over level.

How far are you people that don't care about PvP leveling up?

I'm at 118
thanks to free levels (10 of them because I failed once)
, and I don't want to screw myself up too much on co-op options. But the souls are pilling up fast in NG+ with nothing to buy...

Level 108, duels at the last area and after Pontiff. Will probably level to 115 or so. Still don't have enough VIT for the armor I want to wear.

Check here to see how you want to do it.

I think the refined B/B is better than losing DEX scaling for STR A only.

Not sure though since you have so much more STR than DEX...

Hmm I am thinking if I do not care about PvP and just level up for 40+ Dex the refine will be a better choice... but wanting to stay at lower 100s for PvP will stick with Heavy.

How did you do the latter? Got there last night, and it seems like my hits aren't doing much damage, although somehow I did a hit and it did like 1/3 of his life bar? No idea how I did that.
The gold wristbands are his source of power. Focus on them and you break em

Jyrii

Banned

He has three bracelets on his hands. Destroy them for massive dmg!

Huh? If you like it you like it, dont care about anyones else opinion...;-)

Tone is a hard thing to get right in typing but I meant it more in a humorous fashion. I definitely don't suddenly dislike an area because others do ha. I mean shit, I actually like Lost Izalith quite a bit.

mstevens

Need advice. Fell in love with the dark sword. Should I go str build with heavy or quality build with refined? What will be better end game?

Need advice. Fell in love with the dark sword. Should I go str build with heavy or quality build with refined? What will be better end game?

Same boat. What level are you? It seems to me if limiting leveling to stay in the PvP range the heavy would be better for me then refined.

So is it possible I'm just really shitty at these games and they're not for me. I'm only about 6 hours in...but that's about 2 hours each with 3 different characters. I've tried a few classes out to see what might work for me, but I can't even make it to the first real boss without just getting frustrated as hell with what are basic enemies.

Any tips, other than just being patient and waiting for the right time to strike/roll against some of these early enemies?

Thanks

I am. Because invading now kinda sucks.

They are doing it specifically to make you mad though, so don't give in to that. Do you think that they don't realize how cheap it is? If you run into gank squads make them work for it. Run like hell and use enemies that are up as your shields. It is really hard to actually kill someone that is just trying to run away in this game.

why does the estus flask animation take a million years

Wat? The flask is super fast in this game. Like it is nearly impossible to stop someone from healing fast.

I'm trying to summon in some help to kill a boss later on but it's only working 1 in 20ish times ("Unable to Summon" or nothing happens at all). Is this a bug? Leaving area and reentering doesn't appear to help.
Never used summoning before in a Souls game as I usually play them offline, so not sure if this is normal or not!

It's not a bug. People are literally getting summoned faster than people can put signs down.

the moment you hear a sign pop, get to the closest one, then you might as well wait for the signs to refresh.

That or look in non-traditional areas. But if youre at a boss door or bonfire, you have to get them the second they spawn or you're too late.

If its a friend, use a password.

These areas IMO are really great stuff:
High Wall Lothric
Lothric Castle
Undead Settlement
Archdrake Peake
Cathedral
Irythyl Valley
Irythyl Dungeon (minus those Jailers)
Grand Archives

Areas I didn't care for or didn't like as much:
Road of Sacrifice/Farron swamp
Catacombs
Untended Graves
Demon Ruins/Smoltering Lake
Anor Londo (?) (Haven't fully explored it yet though)

I would say the middle third is probably the weakest of the game as you have the
Swamp/Smoltering Lake/Catacombs
all near each other.

You didn't care for Un
tended Graves?I ended up loving that area with how dark and tense it was. The firelink shrine there made for some interesting pondering about what's going as well.

to the point where you can just run in slashing.

That's what I actually liked about it. It still took me a few tries but I enjoyed the cathartic element of just letting loose on this giant mass of priests after watching my step for the entire level. I used the Drang Hammers skill combo on them.

CHC

I feel lIke it's way slower than previous games. I've killed myself so many times because of this, and frequently do mow more harm than good when healing on a boss.

The worst is the fucking "net zero heal" where you drink an estus and then during the animation, the boss hits you for exactly the same amount you healed for and you've effectively done nothing other than fuck up your rhythm and flush estus down the shitter.

Sephzilla

The estus animation feels about the same length as the Dark Souls 1 version IMO. I think people got used to the fast blood vials in BB.

Onemic

I feel lIke it's way slower than previous games. I've killed myself so many times because of this, and frequently do mow more harm than good when healing on a boss.

Well, in DS2 it was slow, but coursing l couldn't you upgrade the speed iirc?

You could but it was still nowhere as fast as DS3. In DS2 drinking an estus during a battle was extremely risky, now it's nearly risk free. Just dont carelessly drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom