• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK_Gats

I feel lIke it's way slower than previous games. I've killed myself so many times because of this, and frequently do more harm than good when healing on a boss.

Well, in DS2 it was slow, but couldn't you upgrade the speed iirc?

Animation is not slower, but enemies are much faster IMO. That's why you got that feeling.

Citadel

So I'm SL55 and I just beat the
Abyss Watchers
. That whole dealio with the
flame sword
was really sweet. I rather enjoyed that.

1) Where abouts am I in the game?
2) I do about 220 damage(?) per (1-hand) swing. I feel like although I can take down enemies very easily, invaders are harder. How am I doing in the damage department? (Using a +4 Heavy broadsword)

kagamin

I don't know why but I'm really enjoying Curved Swords in this game. Maybe because they aren't forcing me to do the slash backflip, when I'd rather be doing the kick.

PS.: This thread is raining new posts :O

You mean just like every OT of popular games that got recently released? Never would've guessed. :p

And powerful.

At fully powered Estus, and with around 1000 Health, you get 9 full extra health bars from Estus, (10.8 with the Estus Ring).

In Bloodborne, your 20 vials only gave you 7 extra health bars.

You never had to upgrade blood vials though. Some of the bone shards can be tough to find unless you know where to look imo.

CHC

And powerful.

At fully powered Estus, and with around 1000 Health, you get 9 full extra health bars from Estus, (10.8 with the Estus Ring).

In Bloodborne, your 20 vials only gave you 7 extra health bars.

BB you also had a health recovery mechanic, and I feel that (speaking very generally) it was easier to avoid taking damage, since the game was designed around a certain playstyle.

Not saying that BB is easier than DS3 or vice versa, though, just a general comment.

Nephtes

So I'm SL55 and I just beat the
Abyss Watchers
. That whole dealio with the
flame sword
was really sweet. I rather enjoyed that.

1) Where abouts am I in the game?
2) I do about 220 damage per (1-hand) swing. I feel like although I can take down enemies very easily, invaders are harder. How am I doing in the damage department? (Using a +4 Heavy broadsword)

55?????
Holy shit!
Either I was WAY underleveled for that fight at SL 30... Or you are way over leveled... ^_^;

neoism

Did you go down to the I
rithy
D
ungeon
? If so he's moved on to the next spot. I did the same and apparently it screws up the rewards for finishing his quest line, though you can still finish it.
oow someone helped me go through
Londo
completely for the first time all the way through the boss...

man the darkmoon npc is pretty..

Anyone else get into the Drang Hammers by the way? I'm really into them right now and will infuse with Heavy next time I get to play. I'm sitting at 25 STR right now I think and around level 42/43.

FaintDeftone

Took out
Abyss Watchers
last night. That boss battle was actually a lot of fun and extremely cool. My favorite boss battle so far.

Xeteh

C
hampion
G
undyr
is a pretty unfun fight.
Yay another boss who never stops attacking with a giant weapon that can hit seemingly 360 degrees. And he has a combo that if you get hit with the first one you're locked in to the second.

Yuuichi

well looks like end-game mound makers is impossible. No one summons and can't find anyone to invade.

Go past
pontifex
and drop your sign there, I spent like two hours at fight club there last night and it was hilarious. Lots of opportunities to fight and partake in other shenanigans, got summoned constantly at SL101.

Neoweee

BB you also had a health recovery mechanic, and I feel that (speaking very generally) it was easier to avoid taking damage, since the game was designed around a certain playstyle.

Not saying that BB is easier than DS3 or vice versa, though, just a general comment.

Yeah. I understand the differences. But they are at least comparable in how powerful they are, outside of the first hour or two of the game.

In DS2 (namely SotFS), Estus Shards and Bone Dust were kind of distributed around the game, but DS3 there's definitely a mix with Shards being front-heavy and bone dust doing a ton for the first few and then very little for the last five.

LiK

I think we keep forgetting we can summon each other if we're friends regardless of our level. Higher level phantoms will scale down to host levels. We should request help more often like in BB OT. Let's do it.

Sullichin

Suggestion on low stat requirement weapons good for infusing with chaos/lightning/ dark later?

Doing an int/faith focused run. Obviously not gonna be the best damage but I already played phys only.

Feeling like a DS1 level 1 pyro using reinforced club and great combustion on everything

I'm glad Dark Souls 3 got rid of those pointless shitty consumables from 2. Outside the Life Gems, Human Effigy and Herbs all the other consumables served no purpose as they take a long ass time to use and having no use while invading. I've only use them in a no bonfire run but other than that, it was a valuable as rubbish.

why does the estus flask animation take a million years

Good thing this isn't Sloth Souls 2.

kagamin

C
hampion
G
undyr
is a pretty unfun fight.
Yay another boss who never stops attacking with a giant weapon that can hit seemingly 360 degrees. And he has a combo that if you get hit with the first one you're locked in to the second.

Weird, because it's totally my favorite, hoesntly you shouldn't try to estus right in front of bosses, its a bad idea, running away from him is rather quite effective in putting enough distance to get a free heal or two, and his overhead strikes are very easy to run around instead of rolling through. Also the final boss
gets a way worse combo that basically one shot me at sl50 with 22vgr and the ring of favor.

Steel

Banned
I think we keep forgetting we can summon each other if we're friends regardless of our level. Higher level phantoms will scale down to host levels. We should request help more often like in BB OT. Let's do it.

I've tried this to get items to my lower level characters. Frankly, while it does work, FROM put in place a little detail that the higher the level difference between summoner and sumonee and the higher the activity in the area, the longer it takes for the summon sign to appear. Like, it takes 20-30 minutes sometimes.

LiK

I'm glad Dark Souls 3 got rid of those pointless shitty consumables from 2. Outside the Life Gems, Human Effigy and Herbs all the other consumables served no purpose as they take a long ass time to use. I've only use them in a no bonfire run but other than that, it was a valuable as rubbish.

Good thing this isn't Sloth Souls 2.

I didn't mind them, they made the game way easier.

I've tried this to get items to my lower level characters. Frankly, while it does work, FROM put in place a little detail that the higher the level difference between summoner and sumonee and the higher the activity in the area, the longer it takes for the summon sign to appear. Like, it takes 20-30 minutes sometimes.

Seems like it has similar issues to BB with friend coop.

Zocano

Go past
pontifex
and drop your sign there, I spent like two hours at fight club there last night and it was hilarious. Lots of opportunities to fight and partake in other shenanigans, got summoned constantly at SL101.

Eh. The problem is if I get summoned, I'd have to probably kill 2 or 3 phantoms and I just want to get this covenant reward out of the way.

Xeteh

Weird, because it's totally my favorite, hoesntly you shouldn't try to estus right in front of bosses, its a bad idea, running away from him is rather quite effective in putting enough distance to get a free heal or two, and his overhead strikes are very easy to run around instead of rolling through. Also the final boss
gets a way worse combo that basically one shot me at sl50 with 22vgr and the ring of favor.

Not sure where you got I was chugging right in front of the boss but healing on him wasn't hard. I've beaten the game already and bitched about that boss' combo too. Yeah, it does more damage, its annoying too. This fight just wasn't fun for me, feels like so many bosses just never stop attacking with these enormous arcing swings. It wasn't a hard fight it just felt really unoriginal and definitely not fun.

Sullichin

"Donald Drumpf" helped me kill a boss a few days ago...

The name censoring in this game is totally messed up.

I invaded "xxxPussyHunterxxx" but you still can't name your character "Knight" because "nig" gets censored.

So many people named K***ht Artorias

mstevens

It's funny the
stray demon in dark souls 1
gave me a lot of trouble when I tried for the first time a couple weeks ago, but I kicked his ass here.

KingKong

I feel like if you're going to be putting points into damage instead of health then it's totally fair for late game bosses to do massive damage to you with single attacks and grabs

squadr0n

Question about Yuria Quest Line:
I found Anri looking for Horace in the Catacombs and told her I havent seen him so far. Went to the Smouldering Lake and found Horace and Killed him. Was I supposed to kill him? And if so what is my next step? I just started Boreal Valley and found Anri again and this time she gave me a ring but didnt ask about Horace. Am I still on track to Marrying her?

Also what is the best upgrade path for the Uchigatana? Currently its at +5, should I infuse it and if so when is the best time too and with what type? What is considered the best katana? I just found the Dark Blade too but it doesnt seem to be any better, could be wrong though.

I feel like if you're going to be putting points into damage instead of health then it's totally fair for late game bosses to do massive damage to you with single attacks and grabs
Is it inarguable though that some bosses in DS3 do more damage in a single attack/grab than those in any other game in the series.

NK wrecked me again, so i gave up and went off to fight the final boss. Holy shit it was a good fight, beat it first time and all but...even though it didn't feel amazingly tough (still tough, just not top 3 toughest souls bosses tough) it felt like an almost perfect swansong to the series. Back to NK now...

Timeaisis

Not sure where you got I was chugging right in front of the boss but healing on him wasn't hard. I've beaten the game already and bitched about that boss' combo too. Yeah, it does more damage, its annoying too. This fight just wasn't fun for me, feels like so many bosses just never stop attacking with these enormous arcing swings. It wasn't a hard fight it just felt really unoriginal and definitely not fun.

Lots of bosses in this game seem to be combo machines that chew me up and spit me out. I'm about to go up about the final boss, so wish me luck lol.

okay. Watchers of the Abyss. WTF.

Insane range. Hit like a truck. No use of shield, because, well, fuck this game design : shield and evade on the same resource. ha, who thought that was a good idea lmao. Their heavy sword attack nullified your stamina.

Can't parry. They have faster recover than me with a single hand weapons. Fair.

Insane agressivity. Game never connect back stab for some reason on these fuckers.

They are two. For some reason a trash sometimes appear and take agro, sometimes it doesn't take aggro, sometimes it agro me. okay........

I can sometimes cheese it with a Pike, and just poke poke poke and they prey to evade to recharge stamina and poke poke poke again.

Then Phase 2. The guy has the auto lock on his attacks ? no use of evasive rolls he always connects his attacks right on my fucking face.

This is some next level bullshit boss. This is Ludwig all over again. 3 hours on this fucking bullshit of spam fest.

I enjoy larger boss much more than fast agressive bullshit fuckers

LiK

Insane range. Hit like a truck. No use of shield, because, well, fuck this game design : shield and evade on the same resource. ha, who thought that was a good idea lmao. Their heavy sword attack nullified your stamina.

Insane agressivity. Game never connect back stab for some reason on these fuckers.

They are two. For some reason a trash sometimes appear and take agro, sometimes it doesn't take aggro, sometimes it agro me. okay........

I can sometimes cheese it with a Pike, and just poke poke poke and they prey to evade to recharge stamina and poke poke poke again.

Then Phase 2. The guy has the auto lock on his attacks ? no use of evasive rolls he always connects his attacks right on my fucking face.

This is some next level bullshit boss. This is Ludwig all over again. 3 hours on this fucking bullshit of spam fest.

he reminded me of a boss from BB except i don't have the quick dash to fight it, lol

For phase 1, just run away and they'll fight each other, leaving you free to struggle through phase 2. Also, summons if required.

Hated that boss fight tbh. Only one I used a summon on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom