• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Twinduct

15hrs

1. download and install tunnelbear from here: http://www.tunnelbear.com/

2. shut down steam or origin

3. start the vpn and choose US

4. open steam and it should unlock the game allowing you to play

5. switch to offline mode and stay offline until after release in your area - also shut down vpn now

pricing_grizzly1.png

Lol

DieH@rd

Banned
15hrs

5. switch to offline mode and stay offline until after release in your area - also shut down vpn now (for origin you can come back online as it doesnt check again)

Can we run and shutdown game while steam is in offline mode? I never examined how games behave when steam doesn't have access to the web.

iNvid02

tunnelbear is great, really easy US/UK VPN and its free for 1GB data/month

cyberghostvpn is probably the best one i've tried, although you need to pay to access all of the servers etc

Can we run and shutdown game while steam is in offline mode? I never examined how games behave when steam doesn't have access to the web.

depends on the game, although most should let you play just fine

EYEL1NER

I can't wait to play this. I will be picking up a copy on Wednesday but I won't be able to play it for a couple days. I'll be picking it up on my way to the airport to leave the country. I'm taking my Xbox with me but after the flights I am going to be pretty jet lagged.
I think what I'll do is get to Greenland early Thursday morning, stay up all day playing this, and then go to sleep that night and start work the next day.
I should be able to put time into it at least on Sunday since I think I will have Sundays off.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
15hrs

5. switch to offline mode and stay offline until after release in your area - also shut down vpn now (for origin you can come back online as it doesnt check again)

Steam stopped playing nice with TunnelBear some time ago.

How long is the first Darksiders?

I started it last week, I have about 8 hours in so far, I don't want to rush because I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but I also want to get to DS2 so I can talk about it/play it while it's still new and relevant.

JaseC

How long is the first Darksiders?

I started it last week, I have about 8 hours in so far, I don't want to rush because I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but I also want to get to DS2 so I can talk about it/play it while it's still new and relevant.

20ish hours if you're a completionist.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wow I totally thought it was 8pm right now and there was only an hour left.... DREAMS SHATTERED

My head is currently full of fuck.

15hrs

Hey crackheads, can't wait like the rest of us for your fix? Shit is hilarious what people will do just to play a game a couple days early.

iNvid02

Hey crackheads, can't wait like the rest of us for your fix? Shit is hilarious what people will do just to play a game a couple days early.

there is no reason to delay it by a week, and in 2 minutes you can be playing like the rest of the world

i dont see a problem

JaseC

Yep, this what I've used the past http://anonymitynetwork.com/

Its only a 3 hour trial but it does the job.

AN worked just fine for me back when DE:HR released, but as I later discovered, trials are limited to one per IP, which is unfortunate for people like myself who have a static IP address*.

* Well, my ISP will oblige IP change requests... for $10.

iNvid02

AN worked just fine for me back when DE:HR released, but as I later discovered, trials are limited to one per IP, which is unfortunate for people like myself who have a static IP address*.

* Well, my ISP will oblige IP change requests... for $10.

Sup+Dawg+I+heard+you+like+wieners+so+we+put+_d61806e23bec1ddd791bede7c9aa9875.jpg

use a vpn to access the vpn
KuGsj.gif

No, the one in the CE is just a small part of the full artbook. Someone on the Darksiders 2 Forum mentioned that there is even an advertisement for the full artbook in the CE artbook.

ok. almost bought the collector ed just for the artbook, thanks for the info. I'll just get the full artbook then.

Top Bottom