• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Just started playing on the PC, but for the life of me I cannot see where to change the video settings. All I have the option for is Vertical Sync, Resolution and Gamma. Anybody else had any luck?

Edit: Can see this is something people have already found out about....

Sucks that all the PC people are running into various issues. But I'd expect that THQ/Vigil and/or the community will have the issues ironed out soon enough.

I have the day off tomorrow. Looking forward to picking up my 360 copy at 10:00 am.

Sid

Just started playing on the PC, but for the life of me I cannot see where to change the video settings. All I have the option for is Vertical Sync, Resolution and Gamma. Anybody else had any luck?

Edit: Can see this is something people have already found out about....
I think that's it for the settings on the pc

Bruiserk

After first temple question/first "Right Trigger" (if using Xbox controller) weapon question:

I missed the dialogue where Death gets Strife's gun. He asked "This is my brothers, how did you come by it?" or something to that affect. Can someone tell me what Alya said?

played about an hour of the 360 version. Game is fucking awesome already. Started on the hardest right away too. Man oh man can't wait to sink my night into this tomorrow.

Fletcher

I have been playing for about an hour now and I just want to say that, so far, this game is GREAT. totally awesome.

Question:

What is up with
the crow flying around that says he's a secondary mission? Is that something that I will run into later? I can't seem to do anything to him/them and they are everywhere.

sephi22

Got to the what I think is the first major dungeon in the game.

Beforehand, while I was doing exploring in the first open area:

Ah neat, an enemy named Gorewood. I can take him! ....WHY AM I DOING NO DAMAGE MUST ESCAPE I CAN'T NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Also near the beginning (before major dungeon) I could've
totally taken Thane, but his three vertical hits when his health is low is just annoying.
I beat them both early on. ^_^
Beat Thane when i was level 2. You only need to get him to 80% to win the battle. His triple ground wave is easy to spot, has a huge charge time, and you can roll to the right to avoid it. Beating him took me straight from level 2 to level 4. Its a very easy battle once you learn the mechanics and is one of the best battles to learn them.

Darkroot I beat at level 5 using a secondary that shoots a projectile when you charge it. He drops a level 10 weapon so i guess you're not supposed to fight him till you're atleast 8. But I got stubborn

chris-013

After first temple question/first "Right Trigger" (if using Xbox controller) weapon question:

I missed the dialogue where Death gets Strife's gun. He asked "This is my brothers, how did you come by it?" or something to that affect. Can someone tell me what Alya said?

She answer she has found it nothing more.

Peterthumpa

A-m-a-z-i-n-g looking game. Art style is really something to behold.

iIf7RFX2Idbna.png

ibsCgRrxaSc1DP.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just like how after you press continue the camera pans back and it's like OH SHIT LOL IT WAS JUST A TITLE SCREEN OF WHERE I WAS AT IN THE GAME

sephi22

she said something in the tune of 'I dont know, but we have other weapons like this. Restore the forge and you can use them.' It was pretty non-chalant and not really explained

forrest

formerly nacire
well I got it installed and ready to roll, I start a new game and the voices for the intro movie arent playing. When it gets to the point I should see death and dust, I only see invisible outlines of them against the background and all of the land geometry is invisible too! Lol, guess I gotta check out my drivers.

Patita

Neo Member
Help needed.

I've pre-ordered my copy through THQ shop and downloaded the game from the link provided with the e-mail, everytime I wanna install it, it directs me to steam which is downloadin the game again as in the pic:

ibgFRaLvASVL7z.png

Aeana

This game is a lot more open than I expected. I just happened across some sort of super boss that I can barely do any damage to. (._. )
The only part that sucks is that I feel like I'll forget where it was when I get stronger.

Hawk269

Wait...so in the options there is no graphic settings other than V-Sync and Resolution? No AA modes, No AF modes???? How can they fuck up 2 games in a row on the PC?

Please tell me this aint so???? Please!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, that's about it for me. Seems like my notebook isn't nearly strong enough to handle this game. I thought that because my card (Radeon 6770m) is on the supported card list, I'll be able to play, but the slowdowns are just killing it for me. Hopefully it'll be possible to do some tweaking when the config file appears.

Wait...so in the options there is no graphic settings other than V-Sync and Resolution? No AA modes, No AF modes???? How can they fuck up 2 games in a row on the PC?

Please tell me this aint so???? Please!

Control Panel settings. :)

If you have an nvidia card make sure to upgrade to the latest drivers posted earlier in this thread. The games does look very nice with AF, AA, Vsync/TripleBuffering.

NZNova

Well, this is a pain. I start the game, it's in low resolution, I go to the options screen and bump up the resolution, hit ESC to back out of that screen and then I'm just left with the menu background, no text, and nothing does anything (i.e keypresses). Restart the game and still stuck in low resolution.

Hawk269

Control Panel settings. :)

If you have an nvidia card make sure to upgrade to the latest drivers posted earlier in this thread. The games does look very nice with AF, AA, Vsync/TripleBuffering.

Well DSI you had to do all kinds of crazy shit and nothing in the CP would help it. But are you saying, making changes in the CP in DS2 does?

It is still really dump and unheard of for a modern day PC game to not have these options in the menus!

SparkTR

Well, this is a pain. I start the game, it's in low resolution, I go to the options screen and bump up the resolution, hit ESC to back out of that screen and then I'm just left with the menu background, no text, and nothing does anything. Restart the game and still stuck in low resolution.

It takes a couple if tries to stick, something to do with Steam Cloud.

Well DSI you had to do all kinds of crazy shit and nothing in the CP would help it. But are you saying, making changes in the CP in DS2 does?

It is still really dump and unheard of for a modern day PC game to not have these options in the menus!

The 305.53 drivers work great. CP settings work for both DS1 and DS2 flawlessly. Give it a go. I recommend at least 8xCSAA, transparency multi-sampling, 16xAF, Vsnyc and Triple Buffering. Make sure AA is set to OVERRIDE the settings, though.

NZNova

It takes a couple if tries to stick, something to do with Steam Cloud.

Seriously? That's weird, why on earth would you sync resolution settings to the cloud? If you share your steam account across multiple devices, are the chances that your resolution is going to be the same across all of them that good?

I get around 48FPS usually...not sure if that's the best I can get.

Specs:
Windows 7 64 Bit Pro
4 GB RAM
Intel i5 2.66ghz Quad Core
XFX Radeon 1GB 4870 GPU

What do you guys think? I'm playing at 1080p, forcing Vsync and Triple frame buffering through my Control Center.

Hey, PC players, I ordered from the THQ store and the Game and Season Pass codes worked just fine, but the Pre-Order Arguls Tomb DLC pack just gives me a message that the game already is activated on steam and redirects me to the download page, and the pack doesn't show up in the DLC. What gives?

God, that Title Screen to gameplay transition is sexy as hell.

One button press and you're back in!
I only played a half hour or so, but even in that short amount of time there were so many small polished bits to put a smile on my face. Nice work.

A tiny question: Is there a button like in the Darksiders 1 to speed up traversing? I'm pretty sure it was right bumper (dash) in the first game and you'd do this hero lunge when climbing walls and speed up grabbing handholds when crossing pipes. Is that in DS2 because my small bit of experimentation didn't pan out.

Anyone get AA working with ATI cards? forcing it through catalyst causes problems in game.
Had the same problem. Most of the universe, including Death, would disappear whenever I forced it.

Okay, I'm stupid, I just dug around and found out why the Arghuls Tomb code doesn't work. The DLC isn't made or out yet. It'll be out in 30 days ish. The Season pass if for all the DLC after that.

Download MSI Afterburner. Start the OSD Server and add the Darksiders 2 exe to it. Hit the settings button and tell it to limit the game to 60fps. Then, force Vsync through Inspector. It runs without a hitch for me and I'm forcing 2xSGSSAA.

Late to comment on this but just wanted to say thanks so much for this, I've got the game running nice and smooth using this trick and inspector.

Playing on Apocalyptic and I'm absolutely loving it, combat is just a ton of fun and the overall package feels really solid. Hopefully we'll get a patch for some of the little things(death in the menu lol), but so far so good!

I beat them both early on. ^_^
Beat Thane when i was level 2. You only need to get him to 80% to win the battle. His triple ground wave is easy to spot, has a huge charge time, and you can roll to the right to avoid it. Beating him took me straight from level 2 to level 4. Its a very easy battle once you learn the mechanics and is one of the best battles to learn them.

Early game spoiler:
Don't know what difficulty you guys fought him on but on Apocalyptic one hit from him ends the fight. Definitely keeps you on your toes and felt like a good way to get used to proper dodging and using crossover attacks.

Top Bottom