• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

burgerdog

Game is completely awesome, now can we please get a patch to fix the A button / overworld map? It's kind of important, I can't leave a dungeon to sell loot or buy potions with ease if that is broken.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
VPN = playing the game offline = no cheevos/gameplay tracking/other nice things = boohoo = play Sleeping Dogs till Darksiders 2 properly comes out here = miss the early days hype train and cry.

You don't have to play the game offline.

didamangi

I have Vsync and triple buffering on in RadeonPro and my CCC, and there's STILL gobs of screen tearing. =/

Working fine here with the newest radeonpro version that has FXAA built in. FXAA, 16xAF, Vsync and Triple buffering works for me.

Make sure you are forcing vsync from the tweaks tab on radeonpro, not the visual tab.

Here's my setting:
hX4K0.jpg

You can get the latest radeonpro beta here.

Twinduct

Didn't know steam time tracking + cheevos is disabled in offline mode.
Having said that, the release date seems to have disappeared from the store for me!

Btw I used the VPN trick for Dead Island when it came out. After unlocking it I went offline. Anyway two days later I logged into steam without a VPN (accident) and all it did was lock the game back to it being 'pre-loaded'.

Maffis

Just VPN'ed it, and oh my, the game runs without any problems at all on my end. Super smooth and very fun to play with a Gamepad.

I have a i52500k and a amd 7970.

JaseC

So is the consensus that we can stay online? I wanna be able to play tf2 as well...

When it comes to being discrete, you've got nothing to gain by signing in via a VPN and then going offline -- the IP you've used to access your account has already been logged by that point.

Salsa

okay I just might do it

the thing is that I honestly needed an excuse as to wether I should play this or Sleeping Dogs first, and this being not out on my region yet kinda makes that decision for me

we'll see if I can last

JambiBum

Game is completely awesome, now can we please get a patch to fix the A button / overworld map? It's kind of important, I can't leave a dungeon to sell loot or buy potions with ease if that is broken.
Have you tried to use it out of the dungeons? I was watching a stream earlier and the guy had the same problem for a moment but then he left the dungeon area and he could do it again.

Maffis

When it comes to being discrete, you've got nothing to gain by signing in via a VPN and then going offline -- the IP you've used to access you account has already been logged.

Well, it helps against people on your steam friends noticing you're playing a unreleased game and then reporting you for it.

JaseC

Well, it helps against people on your steam friends noticing you're playing a unreleased game and then reporting you for it.

Even assuming somebody would have such a person on their Friends list, by the time Steam Support looks at the message, the game would be out worldwide. :p

Aeana

This game gets my CPU and my GPU both hotter than I've ever seen them before. :eek: I adjusted my fan curve for my GPU so it goes to 75% a little sooner; hope that helps.

I just finished the first dungeon. It was pretty fun, although I was really surprised when it was over, since I didn't feel like I had fought a boss or anything. Then I thought back and realized that yes, I did. Weird that it didn't really leave an impression on me. Wonderful game so far, though.

It has not worked at all, in or out of dungeons.

I managed to get the overworld to show by pressing one of the analog sticks.

I had just finished the second dungeon and REALLY didn't want to walk all the way to the overworld first before I fast traveled so I just started pressing buttons.

^^Haha, beaten by seconds.

It has not worked at all, in or out of dungeons.
Press left stick to change the maps, I had to press every button to figure it out.

Got up to the first dungeon, I assume you can't go through the first two you come across, and I am loving it. The overworld is so much better than the first and I love the style of the overworld map.

JoeFenix

This game gets my CPU and my GPU both hotter than I've ever seen them before. :eek: I adjusted my fan curve for my GPU so it goes to 75% a little sooner; hope that helps.

I just finished the first dungeon. It was pretty fun, although I was really surprised when it was over, since I didn't feel like I had fought a boss or anything. Then I thought back and realized that yes, I did. Weird that it didn't really leave an impression on me. Wonderful game so far, though.

I felt the exact same way about the first dungeon, it felt like a mini boss more than anything.

The fact that they didn't seem to have kept the classic Zelda formula of getting an item in the dungeon and then using that item to defeat the boss probably is part of the reason why it felt that way.

Still, this game is absolutely amazing so far! Loved fighting Thane on Apocalyptic with the starter scythes and hammer, took me an hour but I did it!

Badass combat system, Dat Bayonetta triple dodge flip!!!!!

Spookie

Btw I used the VPN trick for Dead Island when it came out. After unlocking it I went offline. Anyway two days later I logged into steam without a VPN (accident) and all it did was lock the game back to it being 'pre-loaded'.

I've turned my VPN off, restarted and the game is still unlocked. It appears they've changed the way the game unlocks.

Great game so far but man those graphic options (lack there of) and the fact that the game just starts without you even being able to set your resolution...

DieH@rd

Banned
This game rocks, I'm currently on the second quest for the Forge [2-3hrs in]... [heavily sidetracked in some optional dungeon]. Rivatuner + d3doveride works great.

Can someone tell me how to unzoom the map with keyboard?

burgerdog

IN ORDER TO ACCESS THE OUTWORLD MAP. CLICK THE LEFT STICK

Pressing buttons til it works is fun!

I managed to get the overworld to show by pressing one of the analog sticks.

I had just finished the second dungeon and REALLY didn't want to walk all the way to the overworld first before I fast traveled so I just started pressing buttons.

^^Haha, beaten by seconds.

Ha, that's funky. That's going to come in very hand, thanks guys.

alba

Little is the new Big
Anybody knows what's the deal with the facebook and preordering and what not weapons and stuff? I don't see any of them show up in my inventory. Do we need to access a certain point in the game for them to show up or what's the deal here? :O

Twie

Anybody knows what's the deal with the facebook and preordering and what not weapons and stuff? I don't see any of them show up in my inventory. Do we need to access a certain point in the game for them to show up or what's the deal here? :O
You have to reach a certain part of the game to get them. Don't worry all the promo/preorder items seem to require level 5, and you'll reach the part where you can redeem your items way before reaching level 5.

alba

Little is the new Big
You have to reach a certain part of the game to get them. Don't worry all the promo/preorder items seem to require level 5, and you'll reach the part where you can redeem your items way before reaching level 5.

Yeah I just reached the place where you get it in some sort of mailbox, haha. I spoke a bit too soon :)

Twie

Yeah I just reached the place where you get it in some sort of mailbox, haha. I spoke a bit too soon :)
Did you keep on trying to fight that guy before the mailbox thinking "If I just had my preorder weapons, I bet this would be much easier!"
Cause that sure went through my mind a couple of times. :p

Dahbomb

Nut crushing spoilers for DS2:

THIS GAME IS FUCKING GODLIKE!!!!!!!1111

More impressions tomorrow when I wake up... it's god damn 5 AM here!!!

Apdiddy

Same question as the one in the Sleeping Dogs thread: For those who have the different versions, what's the consensus on the best version to get? I'm pretty open about it -- I have the PS3 version of Darksiders, but I hear the console versions of DSII has some problems in running the game.

Facism

Honestly, i haven't been this hype this quickly for a game in a long time. sorely tempted to use a VPN but i don't want to give up playing online this week, either.

JordanKZ

Honestly, i haven't been this hype this quickly for a game in a long time. sorely tempted to use a VPN but i don't want to give up playing online this week, either.

It sounds as if you don't need to stay offline. Just flip on your VPN, connect to Steam, activate it, disconnect from your VPN, connect to Steam again and all should be well.

Spookie

It sounds as if you don't need to stay offline. Just flip on your VPN, connect to Steam, activate it, disconnect from your VPN, connect to Steam again and all should be well.

Yep, did the same for sleeping dogs. Disconnected from my VPN to download the textures (seriously wtf is with this) at full speed.

Aeana

Holy cow, there are optional dungeons already in the first few hours?
I was really surprised by that. I was walking down the field, and I was like "oh, I wonder what this place is." and then a little way in I found a dungeon map and I was like what

derExperte

There is 0 (zero) evidence that Valve cares. I can't remember one single person who was banned for using VPN to activate a game early.

Top Bottom