• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol no thanks. The only man humanly possible for that role would be Scott steiner and nobody wants that

Actually...Maybe I do. If they let him improvise his lines lol

strafer

Origins was one I never got to play but heard good things. I really wish they could port those 3 games from the PS3/360 to the current gen systems. OR is it backwards compat with Xbox 1 yet?

If you got a PC that can run it get it now.

Also, there are rumors about a Arkham Trilogy remaster.

Lol no thanks. The only man humanly possible for that role would be Scott steiner and nobody wants that

Actually...Maybe I do. If they let him improvise his lines lol
They're already jumping in the deep end with Suicide Squad. They can make juiced-up hulk Bane work onscreen, with CGI

Rooster12

Would love this.

They already got two of them cast so yeah.

DO IT

latest

Fuck that Deathstroke should be the main villain in a Titans or Green Arrow movie. To waste him in Batman would just be awful.

Boke1879

They could take another stab at scarecrow on screen as well. I loved what they did in Begins but they didn't take it far enough and then he become a joke after that movie.

In the end, we all want Court of Owls, am I right?

Court of Owls could be cool but personally I would love to see Owlman get the big screen treatment. He would fit perfectly in a Justice League movie if they decided they wanted to do a Crisis on Infinite earth story. Also Riddler needs redemption for that terrible abomination that was Batman Forever.

witness

My DC Legion box shipped and it will be here on Wednesday. Can't wait to get armored Batman and see what else they threw in.

Ahasverus

Cavill notable by his absence, lol.
Cavill doesn't take acting too seriously, he's repeatedly said he works when he feels like it, for projects he really likes, just enough for him to have a good life, which for him seems to mean traveling, having a few MMOs suscriptions and Fallout lol.

strafer

Cavill doesn't take acting too seriously, he's repeatedly said he works when he feels like it, for projects he really likes, just enough for him to have a good life, which for him seems to mean traveling, having a few MMOs suscriptions and Fallout lol.

I hope he checks his Garrison between takes.

Penguin

So who has free time this week/weekend?

I figured with... the whole Gordon not being dead thing... may be time to finally try to track down all the rumors (true and false) we've had about this film in the past 3 years

He is pretty much how I'd be if I was an actor. Just take whatever seems fun, make a comfortable amount of money and just doss around.

Jeff Nichols talks why he passed on Aquaman and cinematic universe films.

screen crush said:
But, you now [sighs] the trick with ‘Midnight Special’ is even though it was made at the studio, they gave me a lot of control over the process. And I don’t just mean control over final cut, but it felt like we were making one of my movies. I had my team. I had my family there. My crew. We made the movie we all wanted to make. With the DC universe, so many parts of it had been activated and so many decisions had already been made that it felt more and more — and Warner Bros. agreed — that it was me trying to jump on a moving train. That’s not so much what I’m good at. I’m more of a ground up kinda guy.

Aquaman had already been cast at this point (Jason Momoa), his costume designed and there had been at least one script in development, so it’s not surprising Nichols was at least weary of joining a project so far along. But, there is certainly no shortage of characters in the DC universe that are getting their own movie, would he want to return and develop one of those characters?

Not really. Because, it’s all a connected universe. And it should be. And I was an advocate of that. The decisions that Zack (Snyder) is going to make in Batman vs. Superman, those all connect to things that are going to happen in Justice League and all that. And I was a huge comic book nerd, so I know all these characters and they all need to be beautifully webbed together. I was just far enough on the outside that I could develop things in a vacuum all day long but it wasn’t going to line up with everything they had planned.

Read into it what you will.

Sounds similar to why Jenkins left. I don't think there's any bad blood, WB usually has a good working relationship with directors. There's a reason you don't see a lot of high profile directors on these movies and it's because of creative control. I imagine that their restrictions are characters most have certain qualities, and certain events (scenes that advance a universe story or lead into other movies) most occur, otherwise they get free reign.

Loxley

Sounds similar to why Jenkins left. I don't think there's any bad blood, WB usually has a good working relationship with directors. There's a reason you don't see a lot of high profile directors on these movies and it's because of creative control. I imagine that their restrictions are characters most have certain qualities, and certain events (scenes that advance a universe story or lead into other movies) most occur, otherwise they get free reign.

Sometimes I wonder what James Cameron's Spider-Man film would have ended up looking like.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
You mean Michelle Maclaren right? I thought Jenkins was/is directing WW.

Just a little sad to imagine, without these cinematic universe it'sallconnected shenanigans, there could've been a Jeff Nichols Aquaman. Was always naive of me to think we'd get our cake and eat it too. It is what it is. Directors sign on to any big comic movie, know their vision is diluted by the the studio vision. This is the cynical way to look, at least.

Wanted to suggest Nichols take on a Vertigo film, but with the recent news and all.

I just want WB to give the Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie to Edgar Wright. Have it set outside the time stream so that he's not constrained by any overarching story or studio mandate. Let him make his superhero movie.

Ahasverus

Why was it deleted? I read what was there and nothing seemed too specific or spoiler-ish at all. What was weird was no one seemed to consider him a fake.

Really the only notable opinion there was he considered Cavill to be the standout performance.
He was deemed a threat, ninjas probably got scared of him spoiling something for real.

Still, true spoilers come in TOMORROW, so stay tuned.

ryan299

Faraci on Gordon not being dead anymore

Anyway, they made a bunch of changes since that script, many that return things to the Goyer draft. The "knightmare" was in Goyer but not the script I know. Dead Robin was in Goyer but not the script I know. The main beats remain from the script I know.

Ahasverus

Faraci says in the script he read, Gordon was dead, but they made a bunch of changes since that script and have returned to stuff from the Goyer draft. Goyer had the knightmare and dead Robin. He says the main beats are still there though.
Fartaci knows shit about the movie and changes every new piece of news to fit his narrative, news at 11.

shingi70

Banned
Thinking do If I want to go spoiler free or not. I did for Man of Steel so it sort of makes sense for this as well. hrrrrrrmmmmmm

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

backpeddling, he never said anything like that before and now comes up with that excuse? Right...

I'm sure he read a draft of the script, but it's obvious much have changed since then.

He mentioned Superman wrecks the Batmobile by punching it, iirc. We know that was replaced with the batmobile bouncing off Superman

I've seen people at SHH say Faraci got caught red handed posting info from a fake script that got passed around to a few of these blogger types to see who'd bite on it. Ever since then I've never trusted a word of his on this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom