• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
I'm not sure I buy that, if they wanted to do a shared universe involving all these DC properties they had to introduce Batman sooner or later, and WB owns DC so there's no need to talk to others studios and convince them to lend their characters like Marvel had to do with Spidey. If Marvel and Sony could've worked something out before TASM1 they would've introduce him a lot sooner than CW.

Batman is just too big to sit out a couple of to these movies in a shared universe. What they did with the whole established history and him operating in Gotham for awhile before MoS even took place (talking about in this universe) was perfect, it immeadiately liberates the character from an origin story and there's a blank space before MoS that you can fill up with a movie (for instance a movie about what really happened to Robin)

I agree with you. Batman is too huge. I am saying they would have made a solo Batman flick to introduce the new Batman and prob another MOS flick and not pulled in the two together immediately after MOS. However after the criticism of MOS the execs at Warner must have thought " We need Batman ASAP! ". The way they are tying the universe ( whether it was always the plan or reactionary after the criticism ) is perfect and I love it! Any how I have no problem in getting a BVS movie instead of a solo Batflick first. It is about time these titans came together on screen.

I just hope Snyder and the writers have a decent enough movie here and I am happy so far early reports point to that indeed being the case!

True Fire

To be fair BVS will most likely not have happened if MOS had received critical acclaim. We would have had a solo Batman film and a sequel to MOS by now.

Not true at all. BvS was announced a month after Man of Steel's release date, and it was definitely in the works before Man of Steel's release.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Not true at all. BvS was announced a month after Man of Steel's release date, and it was definitely in the works before Man of Steel's release.

Interesting. I am wrong then.

generic_username

Wait is this true? More impressions incoming? Also apparently Nolan saw it 4 days back. When will the press screening happen and the embargo removed? Surely it will happen before the fan screening right?

X0luLzb.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I expect reviews to go up right after the fan screening. They won't be able to control the flow at that point

they did those fan screenings couting on that to spread postive buzz and for good WOM, though, it's a pretty good marketing move.

Magwik

Banned
they did those fan screenings couting on that to spread postive buzz and for good WOM, though, it's a pretty good marketing move.
I meant more the flow of information on the film like the ending and such. There's going to be spoilers everywhere, so might as well let reviewers talk about the film around that time or even before it as well.

On spoilers, the OT and spoiler thread happening tomorrow or Friday? And I heard there might be wide screenings on Tues 22nd. The 21st screening may be limited to last year's audience.

generic_username

Batman's look in the batmobile scenes is = Perfection. Goddamn!

giphy.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I should be seeing it on the 21st at 10pm in Seattle. So I won't be able to post impressions until like 1am (depending on how tired I am).

Bleepey

Oh god three years of waiting and we never figured this out

We have a week to think of something funny. Also to those who have seen it what comics would people recommend we read before seeing it. I know Dark Knight returns is one and apparently Kingdom Come too.

Penguin

We have a week to think of something funny. Also to those who have seen it what comics would people recommend we read before seeing it. I know Dark Knight returns is one and apparently Kingdom Come too.

I read Luthor:Man of Steel on someone's suggestion
Really good pick

There's also either Superman/Batman or Batman/Superman Vol 1

I prefer Superman/Batman

Also seems like Cavill is making the rounds

CdeaB_KW0AAI7kV.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
yeah I don't want trainwreck, bloated or similar words in the ot title. I like world's finest.

Magwik

Banned
Batman v Superman: DoJ |OT| The Red Capes are Coming
Batman v Superman: DoJ |OT| Superman Returns 2 The Social Network
Batman v Superman: DoJ |OT| The Other Title Spoiled the Movie
Batman v Superman: DoJ |OT| The Quest for Peace
Batman v Superman: DoJ |OT| We're cancelling the Apokolips

Ahasverus

I have some for OT2

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice |OT2| Did you come back to die with your fanbase?
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice |OT2| The Dark Knight Returns

If the movie is bad:
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice |OT2| Zack Snyder, Man, Off Still

Platy

I have some for OT2

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice |OT2| Did you come back to die with your fanbase?
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice |OT2| The Dark Knight Returns

If the movie is bad:
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice |OT2| Zack Snyder, Man, Off Still

pleaaaaaseeeee ?

uG0kJxV.png

ryan299

Sounds like our favorite writer (Faraci) saw the film tonight. Maybe he's just hearing from others, not totally sure but this is what he said:

The end of BvS remains the one in the script. And the last shot of the movie is... interesting!

So the secret 4th act with Bizarro that he reported they filmed was false
No Bizarro

generic_username

Please let us not tarnish this thread with the obnoxious Devin Faraci. I am surprised he even got invited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom