• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually took the 23 and 24th off. Friday is off for me anyway.

Will watch on the 23rd on a smaller screen, on the 24th i´ll visit my parents and watch it again with my brother and then on the weekend again on the biggest screen here i can find.

Next week, next week.

rokero

cTO6fZm.gif

this is the part where Batman shits his pants

Penguin

So there should at least be initial Twitter reactions tonight, right? Those are hardly ever embargoed, though I suppose it's possible in this case.

Eh it depends

Like I know Deadpool was mostly embargoed for critics even to give much thoughts via Twitter, but they also showed it to fans who had no problem being excited

Anth0ny

yeah I'm done with watching footage. we're too close, I don't need to watch every little thing.

worked well for star wars, hopefully it works just as well here. I want to be jumping out of my seat in excitement during this movie.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So there should at least be initial Twitter reactions tonight, right? Those are hardly ever embargoed, though I suppose it's possible in this case.

I hope so, and hopefully it's positive. Another one (dunno if it's fake or not):

CdgmQw1XIAALJ-8.jpg:large

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
some of those are spoilers, I would link it instead of posting the cap.

Done. Tbh it's only that second part that is kinda spoilery, but I really didn't understand it.

Also: single digits! (and 6 hours)

Loxley

Much as I've talked about taking early impressions of movies like this with a massive grain of salt - the fact that I have not heard one single negative thing about Gadot as Wonder Woman makes me so happy. It really does sound like she nailed it.

BadAss2961

Much as I've talked about taking early impressions of movies like this with a massive grain of salt - the fact that I have not heard one single negative thing about Gadot as Wonder Woman makes me so happy. It really does sound like she nailed it.
and she's the one everyone was sure to be a weak link back when she was cast. Too skinny, can't act for shit, Snyder casting with his dick, etc.

IconGrist

I haven't heard a negative word about anyone. Even Cavill who is mostly forgotten about in these impressions still gets the occasional "really upped his game from MoS" comment.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
it's probably because the script they are working with is much better this time around.

Error

I don't know why suddenly real life logic applies to this movie, while other superhero movies get a free pass.

Boke1879

I don't know why suddenly real life logic applies to this movie, while other superhero movies get a free pass.

Because of the perception it's grounded in realism. It's still a comic book movie and people seem to forget that at times.

While at times it comes off as a believable world you gotta suspend your disbelief for this.

Error

Because it's "dark" and "gritty" and "grounded in realism". Or so I'm told.

'Grounded in realism', probably meant that there are real stakes and consequences, not that it was going to be like Nolan Batman trilogy.

'Grounded in realism', probably meant that there are real stakes and consequences, not that it was going to be like Nolan Batman trilogy.
The whole realism aspect of these films meant that they were supposed to show our world where these kind of beings and heroes appeared. Not that the actions and whatnot is realistic. I mean, this is the same universe as a Killer Croc, a soul-stealing sword, a woman possessed by a demon/witch, aliens, and a millennia-old female demigod

VanWinkle

I've been wondering if it's a good idea for them to start this DCU with a aged graying Batman out of his prime. It just seems weird for the Justice League to not be formed until that point in Bruce's life.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I've been wondering if it's a good idea for them to start this DCU with a aged graying Batman out of his prime. It just seems weird for the Justice League to not be formed until that point in Bruce's life.
That was actually one of my biggest concerns when they stated Batman had been around for 20 years. How is a 45/50 year old Batman gonna be up for fighting Darkseid and all these crazy huge threats? I wouldn't be opposed to the solo Batman films taking place in the past, with an early 30's Bruce taking on his villains for the first or second time. Affleck could pull that off no problem.

VanWinkle

That was actually one of my biggest concerns when they stated Batman had been around for 20 years. How is a 45/50 year old Batman gonna be up for fighting Darkseid and all these crazy huge threats? I wouldn't be opposed to the solo Batman films taking place in the past, with an early 30's Bruce taking on his villains for the first or second time. Affleck could pull that off no problem.

Agreed.

Magwik

Banned
An older Batman in the Justice League means his role will probably be more tactician than Batgod, and that's what really matters.

Error

An older Batman in the Justice League means his role will probably be more tactician than Batgod, and that's what really matters.

Yep, besides Batman in his prime has been done to death already. I want to see how an old and veteran Batman deals with these superhero noobs (except wondy)

Rooster12

No negative comments on Eisenberg's Lex performance either, I thought he would be the weakest link.

Simo

Apparently there was a screening in Pakistan today and the guy tweeted about it along with 2 photos from the screening but they were taken down. This is one of them..not too spoilery but it shows
Battle damaged Armored Batman.
Pic:
IMG_20160314_180546.jpg

Boke1879

Apparently there was a screening in Pakistan today and the guy tweeted about it along with 2 photos from the screening but they were taken down. This is one of them..not too spoilery but it
Pic:
IMG_20160314_180546.jpg

We'll know all by the weekend.

ryan299

Apparently there was a screening in Pakistan today and the guy tweeted about it along with 2 photos from the screening but they were taken down. This is one of them..not too spoilery but it

Not sure if you should post that even in spoiler tags. The two did a youtube non spoiler review. When comparing it to Deadpool one of them said BvS is Hamlet.

"If Deadpool is a Punjabi theater on steroids, then Batman v Superman is Hamlet"

Also said the film
has an awesome opening credit sequence

Error

The whole realism aspect of these films meant that they were supposed to show our world where these kind of beings and heroes appeared. Not that the actions and whatnot is realistic. I mean, this is the same universe as a Killer Croc, a soul-stealing sword, a woman possessed by a demon/witch, aliens, and a millennia-old female demigod

Exactly, but people read 'grounded and realism' and quickly thought they meant they was going for a real-life representation of this universe while throwing away the comic booky stuff, when that's not really the case.

Grounded in realism is that senate hearing with Superman, or Superman getting involved in international matters and the political consequences of that. It's not like Thor in the MCU, the fucking god of thunder in norse mythology is real and the reaction to that was what? yeah there was none, in the MCU the general population takes for granted that the god of thunder from norse mythology is real. just another tuesday to them.

Batman being older will make the inevitable transition easier. Having Dick Grayson pick up the mantle when Ben Affleck decides to stop doing movies. Though I think it's equally as likely they would just reboot the universe in a crisis style movie.

You could replace Bruce with Dick, Diana with Donna, Aquaman with Kal'duhr, Hal with many different options, Flash with Wally.

How do you replace Superman & Cyborg though. They could replace Cyborg with Jaime, Superboy could replace Superman but his powerset is limited. Billy is also already in this generation of leaguers so he wouldn't replace Superman (I still think the Future's end reveal was cool, if not a bit obvious :p).

How long do you think these actors will stay on? I'm thinking no long than 15 years at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom