• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

This is like, the most incredible thing.

She's also the person that treated the whole Batman V Superman hate train conspiracy against the film thing seriously...

How did she get tickets? No offense to her or anything, but a giant premiere like that, she doesn't have THAT many views.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
You should tell him that BvS is a religious experience, just like MoS was.

lol

there are years he does it, goes to church from thursday to sunday, and there are years he doesn't go a single day, and this year he wants to go every day starting thursday. :(

How do you feel about seeing it on your own, but not telling him? I've had to do this a couple times when I had noncommittal friends and I really wanted to see something. The most recent being The Martian.
I mean I could go with a group of friends, or maybe even my sister. But I already watched TFA without him, and it's been awhile since I went to the movies with him felt like BvS was a pretty damn good reason to go with him. Last movie we watched together was Fury Road, too long bro.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I've said it before but I think we can safely say the movie is good with a 50/50 chance that it's borderline great. There are now too many positive reactions to simply dismiss them as early screening enthusiasm. If itnwas bad, below average, or even average we would know by now. Great time for us DC nerds!

Ahasverus

I've said it before but I think we can safely say the movie is good with a 50/50 chance that it's borderline great. There are now too many positive reactions to simply dismiss them as early screening enthusiasm. If itnwas bad, below average, or even average we would know by now. Great time for us DC nerds!
This is my view, a middling movie would not have recieved these reactions for so long

I mean I could go with a group of friends, or maybe even my sister. But I already watched TFA without him, and it's been awhile since I went to the movies with him felt like BvS was a pretty damn good reason to go with him. Last movie we watched together was Fury Road, too long bro.

Completely understandable.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Grace liking it is good sign, she was shitting on it since it was announced, and just recently did an 180, around the time when we started getting more footage and trailers of the film.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Grace liking it is good sign, she was shitting on it since it was announced, and just recently did an 180, around the time when we started getting more footage and trailers of the film.

She 180'd when she saw the final trailer. Still one of my favorite reactions to a movie trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbUNeKEWhXQ

She is a huge Batman fan so not surprising.

Not familiar with her views leading up to the BvS but if she was down on MoS and negative about this movie going in and now we have that tweet I am beyond optimistic.

According to folks on Reddit, she was not a fan of Man of Steel and thought Snyder should not be back for BvS, and wasn't looking forward to this film until recently. So yeah, definitely a good sign.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
According to folks on Reddit, she was not a fan of Man of Steel and thought Snyder should not be back for BvS, and wasn't looking forward to this film until recently. So yeah, definitely a good sign.
Good god if this movie reviews well we are in for a treat.

She 180'd when she saw the final trailer. Still one of my favorite reactions to a movie trailer

lol holy crap this lady is corny as hell. that voice.

i wanna read from somebody who only enjoyed a select few marvel films and not man of steel (to a certain extent). it's easier to trust impressions from tastes that align no doubt. not that it matters, got tickets for friday anyways.

It takes time to get from Radio City back to Brooklyn and trains don't have internet for the most part!

giphy.gif

:)

guek

Banned
I saved you guys the trouble of making an easy to go to thread for eventual crow and made a RT/MC prediction thread in OT

;-)

Effect

I wouldn't say she did a 180 on the final trailer. She's been positive about BvS since the comic con trailer I believe. She even enjoyed the second trailer as well while some others were losing their shit. The removing of Goyer is what I think really helped her have a more positive outlook and take a wait and see approach as she's mentioned a few times in the past that Snyder needs a good script to work with.

looking at the RT scores guek posted in that thread it kinda seems humanly impossible for this to get over 75 on RT. when even watchmen and his dawn of the dead remake got shitted on. (never mind no they didn't. dawn of the dead had 75 haha).

this has better actors than either film but these critics just don't like snyder's films.

edit: maybe this could be an 80+ movie.

lol you all so eager for penguin's review, it's not like he's going to say anything much more than we've already heard or make time move faster to thursday.

But we trust him, he knows what he's talking about.

Verendus tastes are probably in line with most of this thread anyway. Not that I'm saying penguin's opinion isn't important, but I'm mostly concerned with how mainstream is going to receive it, which looks like really good at this point.

Penguin

Okay first proof

Granted, I assume you'll all believe me anyhow!

Now some quick thoughts

But I'll sum it up first, I have tickets to go see this again on Thurs and I'm looking forward to it!

Let's be frank though, my avatar for like 8 years has featured Batman so not impartial!

Spoiler-free as possible... and just copy/pasting my tweets!

The opening
Like the actual opening of the movie
Beautiful.
The music, the scene. It just all worked.
And the 2nd scene too

If you think the trailers spoiled the "entire" movie, it didn't.
I honesty think some of it may have been misleading

Lex is such a fascinating character. And curious to see what other think of Jesse.
Ben, aces.
Gal, aces.
My personal MVP though Fishburne!
I don't know why always loved Perry since Lois and Clark, and Lawrence is just so great in the role.
And where most of the film humor comes (and it got plenty of laughs from the audience!)

REALLY loved the score.
Though once or twice where it would overpower the scene just too much.
The highlight is Lex's theme

The movie was a lot more story-focused than I thought it would be.
Good story to tell.
Some twists and turns.

Spoilers about the DCEU

I like how DC set up their shared universe here. It's different from Marvel's approach, and I think it works well within the context of this film.

You already have your hook for Wonder Woman and Justice League

surprised about the laurence fishburne comment. that's cool to hear. so is there a good chunk of scenes at the daily planet? that would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom