• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Okay first proof

Granted, I assume you'll all believe me anyhow!

Now some quick thoughts

But I'll sum it up first, I have tickets to go see this again on Thurs and I'm looking forward to it!

Let's be frank though, my avatar for like 8 years has featured Batman so not impartial!

Spoiler-free as possible... and just copy/pasting my tweets!

The opening
Like the actual opening of the movie
Beautiful.
The music, the scene. It just all worked.
And the 2nd scene too

If you think the trailers spoiled the "entire" movie, it didn't.
I honesty think some of it may have been misleading

Lex is such a fascinating character. And curious to see what other think of Jesse.
Ben, aces.
Gal, aces.
My personal MVP though Fishburne!
I don't know why always loved Perry since Lois and Clark, and Lawrence is just so great in the role.
And where most of the film humor comes (and it got plenty of laughs from the audience!)

REALLY loved the score.
Though once or twice where it would overpower the scene just too much.
The highlight is Lex's theme

The movie was a lot more story-focused than I thought it would be.
Good story to tell.
Some twists and turns.

Spoilers about the DCEU

I like how DC set up their shared universe here. It's different from Marvel's approach, and I think it works well within the context of this film.

You already have your hook for Wonder Woman and Justice League
Love hearing about how great the story is because at the end of the day it's really all that matters.

Boke1879

Should I have reservations about Superman? Haven't seen talk one way or the other amidst the praise for Batman and WW.

I've heard he doesn't do a bad job. It's just Gal, Ben and even Lex just seem to do very well in their roles. I think Cavill does a good job but probably nothing that stands out since it's a known quantity.

Loxley

I've heard he doesn't do a bad job. It's just Gal, Ben and even Lex just seem to do very well in their roles. I think Cavill does a good job but probably nothing that stands out since it's a known quantity.

That's the impression I've gotten. He's better than he was in MOS, but in a film this crowded with new faces giving great performances, he doesn't really stand-out above them.

Ashhong

Okay first proof

Granted, I assume you'll all believe me anyhow!

Now some quick thoughts

But I'll sum it up first, I have tickets to go see this again on Thurs and I'm looking forward to it!

Let's be frank though, my avatar for like 8 years has featured Batman so not impartial!

Spoiler-free as possible... and just copy/pasting my tweets!

The opening
Like the actual opening of the movie
Beautiful.
The music, the scene. It just all worked.
And the 2nd scene too

If you think the trailers spoiled the "entire" movie, it didn't.
I honesty think some of it may have been misleading

Lex is such a fascinating character. And curious to see what other think of Jesse.
Ben, aces.
Gal, aces.
My personal MVP though Fishburne!
I don't know why always loved Perry since Lois and Clark, and Lawrence is just so great in the role.
And where most of the film humor comes (and it got plenty of laughs from the audience!)

REALLY loved the score.
Though once or twice where it would overpower the scene just too much.
The highlight is Lex's theme

The movie was a lot more story-focused than I thought it would be.
Good story to tell.
Some twists and turns.

Spoilers about the DCEU

I like how DC set up their shared universe here. It's different from Marvel's approach, and I think it works well within the context of this film.

You already have your hook for Wonder Woman and Justice League

Holy mother of god the legs on Gadot. I must find more pics from the premiere

Anth0ny

these positive impressions

penguin is positive

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg

Holy mother of god the legs on Gadot. I must find more pics from the premiere

XvGGgpm.jpg

bah gawd

a916

No one talks about anyone other than Ledger in TDK, not even Bale... I'm happy it's all praise to be honest.

Penguin

Also, want to make note

This film does have a sense of humor. And based on audience reaction, it's not just me finding dialog clever.

There are some actual good moments of levity. Doesn't happen all the time, but it's punched up in there.

My favorite... well you'll see

Great spoiler free impressions. LOVE hearing multiple people saying it has a great story. Which is MoS and the majority of comic book movies weakest link.

Fucking hype!!

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Also, want to make note

This film does have a sense of humor. And based on audience reaction, it's not just me finding dialog clever.

There are some actual good moments of levity. Doesn't happen all the time, but it's punched up in there.

My favorite... well you'll see

You never mentioned Cavill in your impressions. Was he better, same, worse than MoS?

Penguin

You never mentioned Cavill in your impressions. Was he better, same, worse than MoS?

Hmmm Cavill is interesting.

I like him in the role, but so much of the weight of this movie is on him. So most of the time, he is forced to look confused or pouty and he doesn't get a ton of moments to really sink his teeth into.

That said, most of his scenes with Lois are ace. And the stuff with Perry works for the most part

I like him in the role, but so much of the weight of this movie is on him. So most of the time, he is forced to look confused or pouty and he doesn't get a ton of moments to really sink his teeth into.

That said, most of his scenes with Lois are ace. And the stuff with Perry works for the most part

On a scale of 7 to 39, how excited are you for the extended cut?

That's to say, any of it felt rushed? paced right? you wanted more?

JTripper

I'm sort of down for a conflicted Superman but I guess we'll see. Glad to hear the Affleck praise though. If there's one thing I want from this movie, it's a great new Batman/Bruce.

Penguin

I'd say still keep expectations in check.

It's a really good movie, but don't want folks going in and hoping to have their life changed!

Boke1879

I can believe it. But I'm one of those people who thought the Avengers was boring and devoid of dramatic value (i.e. it sucked).

Agreed. While I enjoy most superhero movies. Meaning I don't expect much out of them except mindless entertainment. The first Avengers movie really took too damn long for everything to pick up.

So for BvS I'm really here for the action and just seeing these people on screen. I would have been fine with just a serviceable story honestly. But hearing that the story is good and there is nuance is good news.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

Thank you!

JTripper

I can believe it. But I'm one of those people who thought the Avengers was boring and devoid of dramatic value (i.e. it sucked).

I enjoyed The Avengers immensely as a fun comic book romp but I'm a drama/story person so the BvS praise coming in hot of the presses excites me more than I ever was for any MCU movie.

This seems like it'll be a movie that's going to elicit a ton of discussion, whereas all I could really say about The Avengers was "it's very fun and I liked seeing those heroes together for the first time".

All aboard the trainwreck lol

oNDZ1rQ.gif

lmao

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Actually... that's exactly what I was thinking for a rating/range

But do want to sleep on it. Discussing with friends and the stuff you love gets enhanced and the stuff that was questionable... become worrisome
Cool thanks. Looking forward to your thoughts in a couple days after you've had some time to process everything.

guek

Banned
I'm starting to believe this will break Snyder's 75% RT record. Heaven help me, I may have to see it OW after all.

generic_username

While AoU was just pure trash I thought the first one was fun for the novelty of seeing super heroes together even if I do not think most of the team in the avengers are anything better than c tier heroes. I dont think both those movies were a particular high bar... but I know I am in the minority in that opinion. Now comments about it being better than TDK I am interested in..

IconGrist

I'm starting to believe this will break Snyder's 75% RT record. Heaven help me, I may have to see it OW after all.

I'm actually going to be slightly disappointed if you love the movie because then we might not be able to fight about it.

Does that make me weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom