• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster12

I think it's a high bar to beat in mainstream acceptance. Avengers was not the best movie ever, but it resonated GREATLY with audiences, if this one can do that, the days of DC being the underdog are over.

Imagine if this BvS came out in 2007.

I don't think MCU would have ever gotten started.

IconGrist

Good morning DCEU-GAF. Here's a new Wonder Woman pic.

12832519_10153523047027749_2371136904629802874_n.jpg

Boke1879

Tonight is the fan screenings for those who went to the IMAX event, I believe.

Well then. More impressions and spoilers are sure to follow haha. Then tomorrow is the Press screening right and the review embargo is up.

I saw TFA four times in 24 hours. You can do it!

I'm going this Friday to see it for the first time and I'll no doubt go see it again when I get off from work on Saturday. If I'm still hype after those viewings I'll go back on Sunday.

Shit, it looks like all the screenings in my area on opening day (wednesday in France) are in 3D. No 2D until friday and there's no way I can wait that long. Are the premiere and the early screenings in 3D ? If so, has somebody commented about the quality of the conversion ? I saw Force Awakens in 3D and I didn't mind it but I usually prefer to avoid it.

Effect

For those looking for the OT remember spoiler rules are still in play when it goes up. Especially since we have an actual spoiler thread now. Just saying in case someone gets excited after the fan screening and goes into the OT to give their thoughts or just wants to talk about something in the film. The film doesn't release for everyone unless until Thursday night and Friday.

Pachimari

I can't wait until the 25th. I can't imagine having to wait until Monday.

Yeah. I could get tickets for March 23 - 27 but those showings are either only 3D or in IMAX and have a higher price but I already paid for a 2D showing on the largest screen in the country which is not IMAX though.

Blader

Incidentally, I rewatched Man of Steel over the weekend for the first time in maybe two years, and liked it a bit more than I remember. What a great ending.

Boke1879

I'm really interested to see what Greg Miller thinks of this lol. I know he'll be riding on hype but he is a big fan of DC so for me it'll be interesting to see what he says.

Penguin

Comments didn't seem too bad but I didn't read them all. Just saw a few "I'll wait for unbiased reviews" posts which is nothing.

And I'd agree with that

Not reviewing the movie for my site because it would be hard to divorce the notion of being able to go to the premiere. See the cast and crew from my enjoyment of the night.

That said, one of the reasons didn't just want to put a OMG amazing tweet out there, but Twitter does really seem to benefit short-form thoughts

strafer

Think I'll just rewatch Man of Steel tonight. I rewatched 45 minutes recently but couldn't finish it...again.

Isn't this like your six time trying to watch it and cant?

If you dont like it why put yourself through it.

you didn't like it the first time my guess is you will hate the now too.

Think I'll just rewatch Man of Steel tonight. I rewatched 45 minutes recently but couldn't finish it...again.

A lot of people say MoS's strength is it's first 90 minutes, but I honestly think the opening is the weakest part. I think once Zod shows up, is really when the film begins to find it's identity, even if that identity is occasionally "CRAZY DBZ FIGHTS," prior to that, it's kind of a hollow, less-compelling imitation of Batman Begins.

IconGrist

I'm really interested to see what Greg Miller thinks of this lol. I know he'll be riding on hype but he is a big fan of DC so for me it'll be interesting to see what he says.

He nearly died of an orgasm at Trailer 2 which is generally viewed unfavorably (or so GAF tells me) so if WoM is good to great it may be the end of days for our beloved Greg Miller.

Boke1879

He nearly died of an orgasm at Trailer 2 which is generally viewed unfavorably (or so GAF tells me) so if WoM is good to great it may be the end of days for our beloved Greg Miller.

lmao don't take Gaf's word for it. Many were excited for trailer 2. Only complaint was I think it revealed too much. But yea I think he's going to one of those screenings tonight. The man literally might die before the movie ends.

IconGrist

And I'd agree with that

Not reviewing the movie for my site because it would be hard to divorce the notion of being able to go to the premiere. See the cast and crew from my enjoyment of the night.

That said, one of the reasons didn't just want to put a OMG amazing tweet out there, but Twitter does really seem to benefit short-form thoughts

Yea, that would be hard for me to do as well. The experience will always outweigh the content. You should be a bit more objective seeing it again without all the razzle dazzle.

A lot of people say MoS's strength is it's first 90 minutes, but I honestly think the opening is the weakest part. I think once Zod shows up, is really when the film begins to find it's identity, even if that identity is occasionally "CRAZY DBZ FIGHTS," prior to that, it's kind of a hollow, less-compelling imitation of Batman Begins.

Yeah I was more interested in the second half of MoS, basically as soon as he puts on the suit. The sci fi stuff is way more fascinating to me.

Pachimari

Isn't this like your six time trying to watch it and cant?

If you dont like it why put yourself through it.

you didn't like it the first time my guess is you will hate the now too.

No, it's not my sixth time. I have seen it through once, and what I saw of it recently I really liked, in fact more than the first time I watched it. So I'm just gonna pick up from there and finish it. This is probably the third time I'm trying to watch the whole movie since finishing it the first time.

If I remember correctly he wasn't too hot on Man of Steel at first and it's only recently that he started appreciating the movie a little bit more. He never hated it but he was lukewarm on it so his reaction to BvS should be interesting. Although, he seems to have a burning passion for Doomsday for some strange reason so that may be enough for him to love the movie no matter what.

strafer

No, it's not my sixth time. I have seen it through once, and what I saw of it recently I really liked, in fact more than the first time I watched it. So I'm just gonna pick up from there and finish it. This is probably the third time I'm trying to watch the whole movie since finishing it the first time.

alright, my bad.

Boke1879

If I remember correctly he wasn't too hot on Man of Steel at first and it's only recently that he started appreciating the movie a little bit more. He never hated it but he was lukewarm on it so his reaction to BvS should be interesting. Although, he seems to have a burning passion for Doomsday for some strange reason so that may be enough for him to love the movie no matter what.

Maybe I'm biased but from what I've seen I don't think there is any way I "dislike" this movie. Unless it's just two hours of everyone just shitting their pants on screen. To hear people giving praise to the cast and even the script is awesome.

Maybe I'm biased but from what I've seen I don't think there is any way I "dislike" this movie. Unless it's just two hours of everyone just shitting their pants on screen. To hear people giving praise to the cast and even the script is awesome.

Yeah, I'm fairly confident I will like it as well. I don't love all of Zack Snyder's films and I'm not a DC fanboy (I do read a lot of DC but I rarely enjoy the main books, it's mostly Vertigo and the smaller books) but Man of Steel really worked for me despite its flaws. It's probably my favorite non-Nolan comic book movie since the MCU started so it's likely that I will enjoy BvS.

IconGrist

People keep bringing up early reactions to Fantastic Four but there weren't that many positive ones and there were a bunch of red flags about it ahead of time. I don't feel the comparison applies.

But who is to say? You can only know based on what you've seen. I was told Rises was an epic end to a trilogy and then I ended up hating that movie. Guardians is often touted as the best of the MCU and I thought its ending soured the rest of the movie. I'm told Man of Steel is garbage and it's in my Top 5 all-time favorite CBM movies. I find Green Lantern to be perfectly watchable. Superman Returns is down there with Superman IV as one of the worst offerings available.

Everyone's tastes are different. To someone out there Fantastic Four is one of the best. Their opinion is no better or worse than yours or mine.

Penguin

People keep bringing up early reactions to Fantastic Four but there weren't that many positive ones and there were a bunch of red flags about it ahead of time. I don't feel the comparison applies.

But who is to say? You can only know based on what you've seen. I was told Rises was an epic end to a trilogy and then I ended up hating that movie. Guardians is often touted as the best of the MCU and I thought its ending soured the rest of the movie. I'm told Man of Steel is garbage and it's in my Top 5 all-time favorite CBM movies. I find Green Lantern to be perfectly watchable. Superman Returns is down there with Superman IV as one of the worst offerings available.

Everyone's tastes are different. To someone out there Fantastic Four is one of the best. Their opinion is no better or worse than yours or mine.

I think the problem is... people tend to focus on the positive ones.

Like there will always be people who are like OMG this movie is amazing. Before and after release.

And then sites run with those articles, but I'm sure you can find just as many negative/neutral responses to FF and TASM if you searched Twitter/Facebook at the time.

And there are some negative responses to BvS, but seems to be much smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom