• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
There's a pretty good chance Faora is still alive in the Phantom Zone. The Colonel and Hamilton probably died on impact but Faora would have easily survived the hit and been sucked in with the rest of Kryptonians.

I'd like to think Faora and the Colonel survived, set aside their differences, fell in love and are happily living together. Even expecting a baby very soon.

Where is my spin-off, WB?

guek

Banned
Hypothetically let's say BvS gets a 82% RT, critics are generally positive, and it kills at the box office. Will these people who seem to "know" it's trash admit they were wrong, run and hide, or find something to nitpick thus in their mind making it a terrible film? I'm getting the impression they will double down and insist it's terrible no matter what. Such a sad place to be in as a fan of movies. Jeeze
How many people in this very thread continually refer to movies like Avengers and Guardians as garbage?

Some people will admit they were wrong but unfounded hate never ends

i enjoy guardians quite a bit but i got plenty of reasons why i think avengers is not a good movie.

an RT percentage, high or low, shouldn't be used to back an argument. unless somebody's arguing that the film wasn't well received.

IconGrist

How many people in this very thread continually refer to movies like Avengers and Guardians as garbage?

But they are garbage.

C'mon, like you didn't know I was joking before you read this.

lol i saw that. honestly i thought she was terrible in that too. made turtle look like daniel day lewis opposite her. such stiff line reading man. gina wasn't that great in haywire but i think she was better than ronda.

I phrased the joke poorly. Meant bad as she is in Fast 7, she's worse in Entourage. You're spot on with the comparison. Having turtle carry you through scenes is, boy.

Boke1879

Guardians was great imo. I enjoy the Avengers movies as well, but more so for what they are. They are entertaining at least.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBt8fqYTxLo

This ending always gets me, but this comment even more:

Oh, okay, well don't I just feel like an idiot spending all this money and doing all this work to get a degree in journalism, meanwhile Clark Kent gets the same idea, but he just buys a man-purse, some glasses, and a tie, and BAM! Journalist. Fuck you, Superman. I bet your writing is shit. 

I phrased the joke poorly. Meant bad as she is in Fast 7, she's worse in Entourage. You're spot on with the comparison. Having turtle carry you through scenes is, boy.

haha seriously. it's crazy how truly awful actors make you appreciate others more. i looked at turtle in a new light after he shared scenes with rousey.

Then we're confusing personal opinions with critical consensus. I did not like The Avengers, but also acknowledge the fact that it has a 80+% rotten tomato rating and seems to be widely praised by mainstream media and cbm fans.

GeeTeeCee

Avengers and Guardians are great... Age of Ultron is garbage ;)

I'm still looking forward to Civil War despite that. Just because one film wasn't up to par doesn't mean I'll write off all future films. I though MoS was okay, but it didn't stop me getting hyped for BvS.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'd like to think Faora and the Colonel survived, set aside their differences, fell in love and are happily living together. Even expecting a baby very soon.

Where is my spin-off, WB?

Well in that case Hamilton got the best deal out of everyone in the entire movie.

Faora <3

"A good death is its own reward"
"A full body massage is a better reward, baby"

Hamilton's got this.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

A few but it's not widespread. I really liked both of those movies.

strafer

tumblr_o4e16kH3h11tpk0vyo2_540.gif

swoon

Should have just avoided the question like Paul Rudd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhkX-1uCe7g

No it's dumb. Should be able to answer a simple question.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
From a reddit thread I've been browsing. Guy seems level headed and what he says about the tone of the DCEU based on BvS is exactly what I'm looking for.

no problem. 

the reason why I'm posting in here about the movie is to kinda temper expectations os what a majority of people are expecting from this film going in based on what we've been getting from predominantly MCU based Comic films. 

This movie is a precusor of the tonal variety we will be getting from CBM films heading to 2020 and its a win win for everyone. 

you get lighthearted, bang and flash from the MCU

you get serious, thought provoking, unsettling, emotional takes from the DCCU 

and you get happy medium from the xmen/Fox properties. 

Enjoy it people , we are in a golden age of cinematic CBM excellence and life is too short to measure who's privates are bigger. 

2/2 out the gate in 2016 for CBM and I'm so hyped for civil war , suicide squad and Dr Strange. Will give apocalypse a chance being that they always tend to exceed my expectations (first class/DOFP)

relax and take it in this week.

IconGrist

imagine, this comment in a DC Cinematic Universe thread

Well it's more a case by case thing. His was response was to someone who just said they didn't like Avengers. Disco didn't say anyone who liked it has bad taste or anything silly like that but guek just had to point out his opinion is the minority and made a snarky remark.

strafer

Here's Why Zack Snyder Never Considered Grant Gustin's The Flash for Justice League

"I just don't think [Gustin] was a good fit," Snyder said. “I’m very strict with this universe and I just don’t see a version where...that (tone is) not our world.”

“Even if Grant Gustin is my favorite guy in the world and he’s very good, we made a commitment to the multiverse (idea), so it’s just not a thing that’s possible.”

What does his casting have to do with tone? He could easily fit in this universe.

Silly Snyder :p

SJRB

Gold Member
Imagine Grant Gustin standing next to Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill.

..yup, you now know why Snyder opted otherwise. He's just a kid.

Ahasverus

So this is confirming a more serious Flash?

Seems to fly in the face of comedy script writer and director.
Not at all, I think that they are controlling every super villain appareance to feel important and impacting, and that couldn't happen with The Flash being canon,making Arrow cannon immediately too. If he's talking about thr actor only, well I think we'd always be remembered of the show.

strafer

I was kinda hoping Grant would show up at the NY premiere. He loves Superman.

It was awesome that the Gotham cast showed up tho.

Boke1879

Maybe Snyder meant Grant is good for the tv version and people have a sort of expectation of him in hat tv universe.

I think to put Grant in this sort of universe may be a bit jarring. Sure there will be some comedy and lightheartedness with this character it might be a weird fit.

pretty much it would be weird bringing that tv flash to this universe without there being some disconnect I think. Also if you do bring in Grants version of The Flash then you say that Arrow's universe is in this universe as well.

Not at all, I think that they are controlling every super villain appareance to feel important and impacting, and that couldn't happen with The Flash being canon,making Arrow cannon immediately too. If he's talking about thr actor only, well I think we'd always be remembered of the show.

Yeah I think he's talking more about the baggage and implictations it would bring, like their version of Ra's, RF, Zoom, all that.

Looks like the original article says "think it was a good fit" and the repost but [Gustin] in brackets when he was talking about the tone. Kinda made it sound more personal than it was.

jackdoe

Looks like the original article says "think it was a good fit" and the repost but [Gustin] in brackets when he was talking about the tone. Kinda made it sound more personal than it was.
Yeah, comicbook.com rewrote it to get clicks. Here's the link to the original article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/snyder-considered-grant-gustin-flash-article-1.2572225

The actual quotes are:
“I just don’t think it was a good fit,” says Snyder of bringing in Gustin’s verison of The Flash to “The Justice League,” which starts filming next month.

“I’m very strict with this universe and I just don’t see a version where...that (tone is) not our world.”
Based on his original quote, it sounds like he's answering a question about combining the TV and movie universes.

Anyone on the East Coast going to the screening tonight? Did they check id's? My friend who got a pass is sick, wondering if my other friend can take his place or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom