• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
For the love of God how was Flash
Please don't make me talk about that atrocity any more than I need to.
StaticJam is this movie gonna start a new cycle?
Entirely is up to how critics perceive it. The character arcs are much more relatable and understandable than Man of Steel (thank god Goyer is out), but the first half of the film could do more harm than good. It's up in the air.

Ahasverus

I bet Snyder got worried it had too much character moments and decided to rush to the second act in fear of the audiences. He done fucked up. But he'll be redeemed by the DC.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Does this film feels more like Snyder film than MoS? To me MoS is the least Snyder film of all Snyder films.

Also to anyone that watched it, is it better than MoS?

And he continues. the plot thickens...
4s8OYyo.png

He's either shocked on how good it is, or thinks it's bad but cant really post an impression yet, seeing how he got his tickets.

a916

Y'all quit it with the spoilers... especially if you're spoiling any guest appearances... spoiler tag that shit.

Since some of you have seen it, I will repeat my questions.

I have two questions about Batman v Superman.

Are there any scenes during or after the end credits?
Are these scenes (if they exist) important? An important scene can be a hero's or a villain's appearance, for example.

Please answer with a yes or a no, I want to be surprised.

So I enjoyed it.
The dialogue is A LOT better than Man of Steel. I thought there were some pacing issues and some of the cameos could have been shorter. Some of the editing is weird too. I thought all the new characters were good.
Batman is a man who has seen shit. Wonder Woman is great, and Lex is great as well.

Will have to see it again.

Evo X

What did you think?

I thought it was badass. Some of the greatest superhero actions sequences on film. Great choreography for the fight scenes. Up there with Winter Soldier. Batmobile is also ridiculous. Straight out of Arkham. Can't wait for the extra footage in the Director's Cut.

Like others have said, it takes a little while to set everything up and get going, but it's a wild ride once it does.

I don't want to spoil anything, but so many hype filled moments where everyone in the theater went nuts.

It's a childhood dream finally seeing all these characters on the big screen together.

It was a great start to the shared DC Universe. Can't wait to see where it goes from here!

Since some of you have seen it, I will repeat my questions.
No after credits scene. Y'all are welcome to keep the wide release stinger hope alive but there wasn't anything for ours. A lot of groaning when the lights came up haha but whatever, fans shouldn't expect that shit just because Fox decided to get in on it too.

Anyway, the film is good, actually great maybe. But it does have pacing issues. It simultaneously can feel like it's taking a while for the cape stuff to happen, and when it does it's packed almost to the point of feeling like overkill.

Setpiece chronology spoilers:
the titular fight/Batman's solo bit/Doomsday battle are all BACK TO BACK. Marvel 3 act structure this is not.

The pacing and muffled dialogue during a few scenes are the most technical complaints I have. I'm sure by the end of the week there will be bigger fish to fry as people dig into the story and have their views, but this movie has a lot to unpack. The knee jerk reactions will come in strong and if you think the time of DCEU being argued about is over you're probably wrong.

The action is pretty amazing though. Batman's moves are right up there with Winter Soldier in the upper echelon of comic book fight choreography. I'll hold off on saying it's better until I see it again/ movie sinks in better but I'm tempted. Even the Supes/Wonderwoman CGI battle stuff is good even if by now I'm pretty desensitized to it. Shit, the flashback to Bruce during the climax of MoS was harrowing as hell for me.

Spoilers on JL cameos/Knightmare :
While they where cool I could have easily done without them. Well, maybe keep the Knightmare because visually it melted my eyeballs and Darkseid vibes. Oh and the Flash appearance because his suit is so weird and I love alternate timelines, though I think he was just a vision. Aqua's was okay, he looked a little silly when he was supposed to be threatening TBH. Cyborg cameo was straight trash though I can't even front, I hope to God DC rethinks giving him a solo movie or a JL spot. So cringey. Really, I think the whole plot point of all this shit being on a phone/drive was kinda hokey.

I'm tired so sorry if this is a little rambly.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I thought it was badass. Some of the greatest superhero actions sequences on film. Great choreography for the fight scenes. Up there with Winter Soldier. Batmobile is also ridiculous. Straight out of Arkham. Can't wait for the extra footage in the Director's Cut.

Like others have said, it takes a little while to set everything up and get going, but it's a wild ride once it does.

I don't want to spoil anything, but so many hype filled moments where everyone in the theater went nuts.

It's a childhood dream finally seeing all these characters on the big screen together.

It was a great start to the shared DC Universe. Can't wait to see where it goes from here!
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like something I'll like.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
west coast fan screening should be over soon. waiting for greg miller's reaction.

No after credits scene. Y'all are welcome to keep the wide release stinger hope alive but there wasn't anything for ours. A lot of groaning when the lights came up haha but whatever, fans shouldn't expect that shit just because Fox decided to get in on it too.

Anyway, the film is good, actually great maybe. But it does have pacing issues. It simultaneously can feel like it's taking a while for the cape stuff to happen, and when it does it's packed almost to the point of feeling like overkill.

Setpiece chronology spoilers:
the titular fight/Batman's solo bit/Doomsday battle are all BACK TO BACK. Marvel 3 act structure this is not.

The pacing and muffled dialogue during a few scenes are the most technical complaints I have. I'm sure by the end of the week there will be bigger fish to fry as people dig into the story and have their views, but this movie has a lot to unpack. The knee jerk reactions will come in strong and if you think the time of DCEU being argued about is over you're probably wrong.

The action is pretty amazing though. Batman's moves are right up there with Winter Soldier in the upper echelon of comic book fight choreography. I'll hold off on saying it's better until I see it again/ movie sinks in better but I'm tempted. Even the Supes/Wonderwoman CGI battle stuff is good even if by now I'm pretty desensitized to it. Shit, the flashback to Bruce during the climax of MoS was harrowing as hell for me.

Spoilers on JL cameos/Knightmare :
While they where cool I could have easily done without them. Well, maybe keep the Knightmare because visually it melted my eyeballs and Darkseid vibes. Oh and the Flash appearance because his suit is so weird and I love alternate timelines, though I think he was just a vision. Aqua's was okay, he looked a little silly when he was supposed to be threatening TBH. Cyborg cameo was straight trash though I can't even front, I hope to God DC rethinks giving him a solo movie or a JL spot. So cringey. Really, I think the whole plot point of all this shit being on a phone/drive was kinda hokey.

I'm tired so sorry if this is a little rambly.

Nah man, Cyborg cameo worked (SPOILERS):

Shows STAR Labs still has a part to play even if Hammond (presumably) died in MoS, shows the Red Room which is important to set up alien tech and existence in the future, and the God Damn Mother Fucking MOTHER BOX!!! I nerded out so hardcore over that. Clearly Darkseid is the big bad, at least for JL Pt 2.

duckroll

So I enjoyed it.
The dialogue is A LOT better than Man of Steel. I thought there were some pacing issues and some of the cameos could have been shorter. Some of the editing is weird too. I thought all the new characters were good.
Batman is a man who has seen shit. Wonder Woman is great, and Lex is great as well.

Will have to see it again.

Sounds like Snyder is still Snyder, but Terrio did his job?

Sounds like Snyder is still Snyder, but Terrio did his job?

Still Snyder's best work. The one reason I feel the beginning felt so clunky was (spoilers):

Snyder just HAD to have his version of the Wayne murders, Lois had to pry with the Middle East stuff, and that also led Batman to investigate on his own and cross paths with Superman.
It had a purpose, it just didn't come together until 35-45 minutes into the movie.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Mother fucker! The screening in Seattle failed 2 hours in. The servers crashed in the projection room and they lost all their movies, not just BvS. We waited half an hour for them to fix it before they gave up. So now I gotta wait till Thursday to see the ending!!!

Cooter

Mother fucker! The screening in Seattle failed 2 hours in. The servers crashed in the projection room and they lost all their movies, not just BvS. We waited half an hour for them to fix it before they gave up. So now I gotta wait till Thursday to see the ending!!!
I'm sorry. That's brutal. What did you think of what you did see?

holy shit that is the saddest thing I've ever heard D:
are they at least going to comp you free passes?

Oddduck

Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear. :(

Did you at least enjoy what you did see?

MartyStu

That has to be infuriating.

Oddduck

Question for those who have seen this film.

Where does this movie rank among Zack Snyder's other films?

Dawn of the Dead
Watchmen
Sucker Punch
Guardians of Ga'hoole
Man of Steel

Would anyone say this is Snyder's best film?

Question for those who have seen this film.

Where does this movie rank among Zack Snyder's other films?

Dawn of the Dead
Watchmen
Sucker Punch
Guardians of Ga'hoole
Man of Steel

Still too soon to tell, but it's probably his best. You could make a case for Watchmen being his best, but idk. Terrio really elevated it all

SJRB

Gold Member
Excuse me? Are you in charge of my opinion?

Both are equally amazing.

You know how this works, strafer. You cannot like both or you'll create a black hole that'll implode the universe.

You either like Marvel most or you like DC most. There is no alternative. This is the most serious business.

jrush64

Banned
There is no way anyone can like MoS more than Winter Soldier. Winter Soldier is the best MCU movie!

I prefer Thor to Winter Soldier. I prefer Man of Steel to Winter Soldier. I prefer Thor 2 to Winter Soldier. I prefer First Avenger to Winter Soldier.

I think that movie extremely overrated. I just don't get it.

Just got back, some amazing moments, dialogue is better, still some story structure issues, too many spinning plates imo. Batman and Wonder Woman both great, other cameos felt shoehorned in. Visuals are beautiful and some great action set pieces. Ask me questions I'm tired.

Cooter

Just got back, some amazing moments, dialogue is better, still some story structure issues, too many spinning plates imo. Batman and Wonder Woman both great, other cameos felt shoehorned in. Visuals are beautiful and some great action set pieces. Ask me questions I'm tired.
Will you see it again in theaters? 8-9 out of 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom