• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching most of the spoiler free videos and written impressions really tells me people are really over thinking this movie.

Instead of worrying about the internet and meeting your expectations. Just watch the movie for what it is. Glad to see damn near everyone liked it though.

a916

Watching most of the spoiler free videos and written impressions really tells me people are really over thinking this movie.

Instead of worrying about the internet and meeting your expectations. Just watch the movie for what it is. Glad to see damn near everyone liked it though.

Have they? I'm starting to hear a lot of mixed stuff now.

Greg's review is up. He liked it a lot. Probably loved it. Waiting to marinate on it and watched it again before he solidifies his opinion on it.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
GAL DAMN

I'd like if everyone was a fan like in those sweet TDK times :(
People will. The vast majority will go see it and leaved pleased. Stop worrying. If it was shit we would know by now. It might not be for everyone (which I like btw) but it's not trash at all. We good!

Ross61

This is why a want Snyder in more of an overseer role than a directorial role. He has a vision, but can't get it out properly. He makes all the same mistakes movie wise. It didn't help that WB obviously rushed certain things in. The reception so far lessens my hype for Justice League.

Boke1879

Have they? I'm starting to hear a lot of mixed stuff now.

Greg's review is up. He liked it a lot. Probably loved it. Waiting to marinate on it and watched it again before he solidifies his opinion on it.

I'd say mixed but I haven't seen anyone say they didn't like it or hate it. Just don't go in expecting to have your damn life changed lol

I swear to god your impressions make no sense. It's like your actively trying to confuse people.

How? They're mostly in line with what everybody else is saying.

Zack Snyder makes fun action movies that lose the plot, are too long, and tend to be divisive in terms of how well liked they are.

This is why a want Snyder in more of an overseer role than a directorial role. He has a vision, but can't get it out properly. He makes all the same mistakes movie wise. It didn't help that WB obviously rushed certain things in. The reception so far lessens my hype for Justice League.

The overall reception I've seen is indicating "I like it (in most cases "I really like it"), maybe don't love it yet - have to see it again". That's not bad.

IconGrist

How? They're mostly in line with what everybody else is saying.

Zack Snyder makes fun action movies that lose the plot, are too long, and tend to be divisive in terms of how well liked they are.

In one thread you talk about how much you loved certain things, in another you rate it a 7 or 8, in this thread you said it's not a good movie.

I understand that there is a difference between "I enjoyed this" and "this is quality" but most people do not and your comments appear to contradict each other in the various threads. It comes off as you really liked it one place to saying it's not a good movie in another. Surely you can see how that would come off as puzzling to someone.

In one thread you talk about how much you loved certain things, in another you rate it a 7 or 8, in this thread you said it's not a good movie.

I didn't give it any ratings. What you're referring to is a 1-10 scale of how misleading I thought the trailers were.

I've pretty much said the same thing from jump street. I liked the second half, I didn't like the first. It's too long and they try to do too much.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
The overall reception I've seen is indicating "I like it (in most cases "I really like it"), maybe don't love it yet - have to see it again". That's not bad.

All of that will not matter from a critical perspective ( RT, Metacritic etc.. ) I don't particularly care for RT scores etc.. but I know it can frame the internet conversation around DC in a specific way. DC is not going to have momentum if every conversation around DCCU is going to be divisive. They need something with universal acclaim ( especially for properties involving Batman and Superman ). They will only make money on poorly received movies for so long.

If Batman and Superman is mixed then interest for Flash, Shazam etc.. reduces. I think DC have done a stupid thing placing all their bets on Snyder after the reception of MoS. This is not my opinion on his talents ( I think he has a good eye to frame a shot and make it look freaking epic ) but the realities of a business. I think some serious changes will be in order if this thing does not review well.

Honestly if people don't care for the film, I'd massively appreciate it if they didn't come into the JL thread or anything DC related and just shit on it, repeating that they didn't like the film to the same group of people that have heard their opinion about 500 times already.

IconGrist

I didn't give it any ratings. What you're referring to is a 1-10 scale of how misleading I thought the trailers were.

I've pretty much said the same thing from jump street. I liked the second half, I didn't like the first. It's too long and they try to do too much.

I'll concede I misread the scale but I'm still of the opinion what you've been saying hasn't really matched what you mean. At least not in a way that makes sense to the over abundance of people who, as you have pointed out, are jumping on your impressions.

IconGrist

Collider said 6 PM PST, but initially said 3 PM PST and that they changed it.

So who knows, maybe some critics will be confused or miss the embargo change and post their reviews.

Every other critic who has brought it up has said 6pm EST which is in a little over an hour. I've only seen PST on GAF so I don't know. Whole day has been confusing, lol.

Simo

See. Then it'll be Armored Batman, then the Black Armored Batman, then Knightmare, then Aquaman. It never stops. Be lucky you haven't started with Iron Man.

LOL Armored Batman didn't get ordered because I feel the face sculpt looks more like Keaton than Affleck. Knightmare I'm kind of indifferent about but I couldn't pass on the trinity. Batman looks great, especially since the reveal, and I missed out on MOS Superman and regretted it.

Thats my deal, I almost bite and get these guys like TFA Captain America or MOS Superman but I end up talking myself out of it. Couldn't do it for Kylo Ren nor the Trinity apparently.

Every other critic who has brought it up has said 6pm EST which is in a little over an hour. I've only seen PST on GAF so I don't know. Whole day has been confusing, lol.

I'm hoping that's right

https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/710696195857915904

Most nerdy (not necessarily MoS fans) sites seem to love it based off impressions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

It's hard to say without having watched the movie, but I would hate for WB to sacrifice their experimental style for more safe, mundane style storytelling.

WhiteWolf

It's hard to say without having watched the movie, but I would hate for WB to sacrifice their experimental style for more safe, mundane style storytelling.
That's why I want BvS to do well, I want the comic book genre to grow and people to encourage the different takes from DC and Marvel.

Two more of Momoa and Ezra Miller. With JL filming in three weeks, I imagine this is close to how they'll look.

OSDmBAK.jpg

DIz7lEj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom