• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravidee

WW will be the most successful female super hero movie, ever.

I hope so. After BvS there should be nowhere to go but up. Also, wasn't Wonder Woman generally considered one of the most well liked parts of the movie? If audiences reacted positively to her, it should bode well for her movie.

RDreamer

I hope so. After BvS there should be nowhere to go but up. Also, wasn't Wonder Woman generally considered one of the most well liked parts of the movie? If audiences reacted positively to her, it should bode well for her movie.

They gave her the most "Fuck yeah" moment of the entire movie. I think most people liked her and are excited now.

Oregano

Just saw the film earlier. Aside from weirdness in the middle of the film I thought it was awesome. I can see why more general audiences might not like it though.

I loved Jesse Eisenberg's Lex though. The helipad scene was the best in the movie and probably the best Lex scene in any movie.

For Justice League im kinda hoping they adjust the Batsuit a bit.
1.Refine the cowl, a bit more squared off look
2. a bit of color. Don't care if they just switch the black to dark blue or go all out for something like
Costume08.jpg

I definitely think it would be a good acknowledgment to his character arc.
and showing that yeah Superman's sacrifice did inspire Batman to become a different better hero

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The Russo Bros are amazing at staging action scenes, though. The shot of Bucky and Cap beating on Iron Man looked great.

I'm pretty sure the action scenes in CW will be better than those in BvS.

Firemind

The Russo Bros are amazing at staging action scenes, though. The shot of Bucky and Cap beating on Iron Man looked great.

I'm pretty sure the action scenes in CW will be better than those in BvS.
but will they kill off tony though?
i actually want bucky dead

I left mostly underwhelmed by the action of BvS compared with MoS.
Metropolis scene and Batman saving Ma Kent were the standouts, but neither reached the heights of Smallville in MoS. Knightmare fell victim to what many long take action scenes do, where the hits don't have the weight behind them. Didn't like the Batmobile chase. Rest were all right.

Reservation I have with Russos on Civil War, is how they handle larger scale action. All the intimate Cap scenes are superb. When it escalates to helicarriers and Falcon in the end, wasn't feeling it. Hope they deliver because Infinity War is only getting bigger.

jackdoe

I left mostly underwhelmed by the action of BvS compared with MoS.
Metropolis scene and Batman saving Ma Kent were the standouts, but neither reached the heights of Smallville in MoS. Knightmare fell victim to what many long take action scenes do, where the hits don't have the weight behind them. Didn't like the Batmobile chase. Rest were all right.

Reservation I have with Russos on Civil War, is how they handle larger scale action. All the intimate Cap scenes are superb. When it escalates to helicarriers and Falcon in the end, wasn't feeling it. Hope they deliver because Infinity War is only getting bigger.
I definitely agree. The action in Batman v Superman was strangely underwhelming. Nowhere near the level of Green Lantern (which had the most underwhelming third act in a superhero movie that I've seen thus far). But definitely far and away from the kinetic pace of Man of Steel's third act.

a916

Dr Strange just finished principal photography 6 months before release... how is this movie coming out this year when BvS had like 16 months after and WW will have almost a year. How are other studios able to churn out these movies at a faster rate for cheaper than WB?

Oh shit
Batarmor
is returning.
Yes!

Edit: Why they got concept art of Vision on the wall?

So we can tear them apart.... FROM THE INSIDE!

Vyer

Came across a Mashable article about BvS 'plot holes' that may be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

I didn't think the movie was good either, but I'm amazed at some of the media and bloggers tripping over themselves to put their hyperbole out there.

a916

Moving nearing 700M WW, about 10 days into it's run. It's passed MOS already.

Something I picked up... not sure who, but someone was nitpicking about why Superman doesn't smile during the Festival of the Dead scene and how Reeves would've...

Washed it again and he's smiling as he brings her down smiling... it's only when he kneels up and looks at everyone, he's stopped smiling by then.

Something I picked up... not sure who, but someone was nitpicking about why Superman doesn't smile during the Festival of the Dead scene and how Reeves would've...

Washed it again and he's smiling as he brings her down smiling... it's only when he kneels up and looks at everyone, he's stopped smiling by then.

Yeah, that gets brought up a lot. Apparently it doesn't count.

No I don't know why.

Effect

Came across a Mashable article about BvS 'plot holes' that may be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

I didn't think the movie was good either, but I'm amazed at some of the media and bloggers tripping over themselves to put their hyperbole out there.

This is the thing that's most annoying if not infuriating. Disliking the movie is fine. Pointing out it's flaws is fine as well. The level of over the top hyperbole that some have used though, not just from critics but those that hate the film is crazy. That's what I seriously do not at all understand. Nor do I find it even acceptable. Some people are acting as if it personally insulted them to their very core. As if it physically walked into their home and hurt a member of their family with how over the top they're acting.

BadAss2961

Moving nearing 700M WW, about 10 days into it's run. It's passed MOS already.

Read some complaints regarding that scene, about Superman being inhuman, narcissist, etc. Can't tell who's trolling from who just doesn't get it somehow.

That scene is the embodiment of Clark's heroism while being absolutely spooked by his godlike status at the same time. A very human spot.

Magwik

Banned
Read some complaints regarding that scene, about Superman being inhuman, narcissist, etc. Can't tell who's trolling from who just doesn't get it somehow.

That scene is the embodiment of Clark's heroism while being absolutely spooked by his godlike status at the same time. A very human spot.
And then the following scenes immediately is a montage of people debating his godlike status

And then the following scenes immediately is a montage of people debating his godlike status

Too subtle for pseudo-intelligent click mongers like Faraci, Landis et all. Which is regurgitated by a minority of people that haven't even seen it or were too jaded on visceral hate to see the movie contents as they were presented.

It's all a lot of inane cricisms that drowns out a deeper discussion on the pitfalls and accomplishments of the film.

Nah, it's not that bad.

Let's not pretend that everybody who dislikes the movie hasn't seen it, yeah? That sort of talk is a great way to turn this place into a toxic echo chamber and I'd really prefer that doesn't happen.

Cheebo

Banned
Nah, it's not that bad.

Let's not pretend that everybody who dislikes the movie hasn't seen it, yeah? That sort of talk is a great way to turn this place into a toxic echo chamber and I'd really prefer that doesn't happen.
The terrible legs pretty much proves that it's only the critics who don't like it wrong. You don't get 68% drops unless you have bad word of mouth from the actual audience. There is no doubt after the huge drop post opening weekend both worldwide and domestic this thing has bad word of mouth for the most part.

To try and claim only a minority didn't like it goes against the realities we are seeing with the actual word of mouth and huge drops in gross we are seeing.

When a super hero film gets the same drop off as X-Men Origins Wolverine and only slightly behind Ang Lees Hulk that says something about the audience reaction to the film. If this thing had typical word of mouth drops as most super hero movies (not even the fantastic drops of films like the Nolan Batman movies) you could claim a majority who saw it liked it. But we have pretty clear evidence this is not the case here.

The terrible legs pretty much proves that it's only the critics who don't like it wrong. You don't get 68% drops unless you have bad word of mouth from the actual audience. There is no doubt after the huge drop post opening weekend both worldwide and domestic this thing has bad word of mouth for the most part.

To try and claim only a minority didn't like it goes against the realities we are seeing with the actual word of mouth and huge drops in gross we are seeing.

When a super hero film gets the same drop off as X-Men Origins Wolverine and only slightly behind Ang Lees Hulk that says something about the audience reaction to the film.

Yeah.

I still think it's way better than either of those, lol. But here we are.

Ross61

I really don't want that much humor in a film about serial killers on a suicide mission where a few of them are most likely going to do.

I really don't want that much humor in a film about serial killers on a suicide mission where a few of them are most likely going to do.

See, this is just wrong.

It shouldn't be necessarily be light, but it should definitely be funny. Original Squad run by Ostrander was a riot. It also got super dark at spots. That's okay.

Cheebo

Banned
WB is not going to double down on the tone of BvS. Things are most assuredly are going to get funnier and lighter from here on out.

Too subtle for pseudo-intelligent click mongers like Faraci, Landis et all. Which is regurgitated by a minority of people that haven't even seen it or were too jaded on visceral hate to see the movie contents as they were presented.

It's all a lot of inane cricisms that drowns out a deeper discussion on the pitfalls and accomplishments of the film.

Is it too subtle for Red Letter Media, Moviebob, Angry Joe and almost every other reviewer out there? Is the final defense for this movie going to be its "too deep" for critics who watch films for a living AND the general audience? Its too deep for Max Landis, who wrote superman comics? If all you can muster for a defense is to actively shit on all the critics who panned it, it might just be time to stop posting.

There's a forum for fanboys like your self:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dc_cinematic

Enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom