• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha

True true. I really respect this community. Most of y'all have taken this really well and can laugh about it, whereas other internet places have gotten weirdly tribalistic about this.

I also think part of the reason is that all of the stuff that was unpleasant eg Reviews, Criticisms of people who liked the film, didnt like it as well - All of that was pretty much confined to one thread (RT)

It allowed a small bit of mediation and bit more conversation than other sites, like SHH

Plus its just a film I was really excited for it and I wont lie I was extremely disappointed, but if you cant have a bit of humour about it, its would be best to just not get excited for things. Which I am unlikely to do, since Quantum Break exceed my expectations. Vindication !

Pachimari

So 2 days till production on Justice League starts?

BvS fell under expectations again yesterday, took another big hit. On track for a roughly 60% drop this weekend. This thing might only limp to 800 mil at this rate.

This was my guess from the very beginning. That it would do $800 million worldwide. It's gonna be interesting seeing where it ends up.

CfiR5-CUEAAzuTt.jpg:large

The squad is invading the @MTV Movie Awards tomorrow. Tune in for an exclusive sneak peek of #SuicideSquad.

Ninjimbo

I wonder what we're going to see. I'm thinking Harley and Joker are the ones to highlight for this kind of venue. As good as the SS trailers have been, I just realized that the movie doesn't have many recognizable faces besides Will Smith and Jared Leto ain't no Heath Ledger.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what we're going to see. I'm thinking Harley and Joker are the ones to highlight for this kind of venue. As good as the SS trailers have been, I just realized that the movie doesn't have many recognizable faces besides Will Smith and Jared Leto ain't no Heath Ledger.
Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that we're gonna be seeing the Joker/Harley flashback scene with Batman? They need as many people seeing this thing as possible and Batman always sells.

Ninjimbo

Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that we're gonna be seeing the Joker/Harley flashback scene with Batman? They need as many people seeing this thing as possible and Batman always sells.
That scene is where I jumped to as well. Harley is really popular with girls and MTV is only really watched by 16 year old girls these days, right? Batman always gets people interested too, so it seems like a no brainer to show those scenes.

Personally, I want to see a little more of Enchantress since I'm really interested in what her role is in all of this.

Yager

Banned
Slipknot's skull looks totally out of place there. Like they finished the poster and said "wait, aren't we forgetting something? Oh shit!".

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I know this is a DC thread but I'm pumped for Civil War guys. Gonna be good! Then we get the stead flow of CBMs dropping. Great time to be a fan.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I know this is a DC thread but I'm pumped for Civil War guys. Gonna be good! Then we get the stead flow of CBMs dropping. Great time to be a fan.
I jumped on that early sneak peek link that was posted in the Civil War thread and I got 2 tickets for the Seattle viewing this Thursday. Can't wait.

While I am pretty apathetic about Cap and Iron Man and that whole Jazz, I am massively excited for Black Panther

Seeing it just for him ha ha

I jumped on that early sneak peek link that was posted in the Civil War thread and I got 2 tickets for the Seattle viewing this Thursday. Can't wait.

I missed the early screenings by literally 20 seconds. Bummed about that, but really excited to see Civil War on the 6th...three weeks after I could've DAMMIT.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I should probably say that's still not a guarantee I even get in to see it or get the tickets. I guess they're supposed to email me a code and then I put that in to unlock the tickets? I dunno. On the account page, it shows I have the two tickets and I can print them out. They have a QR code on them. The other issue is, I have no idea where it's at. The theatre location says "Coming Soon".

I should probably say that's still not a guarantee I even get in to see it or get the tickets. I guess they're supposed to email me a code and then I put that in to unlock the tickets? I dunno. On the account page, it shows I have the two tickets and I can print them out. They have a QR code on them. The other issue is, I have no idea where it's at. The theatre location says "Coming Soon".

Is the link still up?

EDIT: Nuts, they're gone.

Firemind

I still need to watch Winter Soldier, but looking at some of the scenes people posted here, I'm not not really eager to. I think I'l go watch the director's cut of Watchmen tonight instead.

It blows my mind how Marvel can knock it out of the park with characters like Ant-Man and Black Panther, and WB can't even get Superman and Lex Luthor right. The DC fan in me is furious.

Firemind

It blows my mind how Marvel can knock it out of the park with characters like Ant-Man and Black Panther, and WB can't even get Superman and Lex Luthor right. The DC fan in me is furious.
Everyone loves Paul Rudd though.
Not me though. Fucking talentless prick.

Unless Civil War gets like rave reviews (like average rating >8), I'll probably wait until matinee to go see it. I'm not in a big rush, I don't really care about the story's premise, really just the cameos are all I'm interested in. I'm sure the film will be received well.

Everyone loves Paul Rudd though.
Not me though. Fucking talentless prick.

Everyone would love Henry Cavill too, if Snyder wasn't so insistent on making him the most depressed superhero in history. Cavill is extremely likable, and I fucking despise Zack Snyder for doing this to him and Superman. Goddamn hack, that guy.

Everyone would love Henry Cavill too, if Snyder wasn't so insistent on making him the most depressed superhero in history. Cavill is extremely likable, and I fucking despise Zack Snyder for doing this to him and Superman. Goddamn hack, that guy.

The only straw left to grab for me is the ending of Batman v Superman.

I hope the reason they killed him that humanity can love him and he can be happy now.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Don't worry. Superman will be the out going optimistic character you love come Justice League. Plus Batman will be the prep time king with no killing while Wondy will be her usual badass self. Also, scenes will flow because WB says so. Best movie ever!

Only if you're strictly into the movies (and they've still got another one coming this year). I like a lot of the books they've had out now, the Rebirth lineup, the Young Animal imprint, the TV lineup, and their animated stuff.

I don't read comics. Only animated series and movies. I also only watch The Flash. I think Arrow is garbage and they never should've made him a Batman copy.

I liked LoT, need to watch that again.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
CW getting great impressions. WB see what happens when you put or have people that knows the source material and treats it with respect? Instead we get depressing Superman, psychotic and asshole Batman, Zuckerberg Lex, peach tea, shit cameos.

:sigh

Being a DC fan sometimes sucks.

CW getting great impressions. WB see what happens when you put or have people that knows the source material and treats it with respect? Instead we get depressing Superman, psychotic and asshole Batman, Zuckerberg Lex, peach tea, shit cameos.

looooooooooooooooooooooooool

Do you ever go into the Arrow, Flash, or LoT threads?

GeeTeeCee

...have you been watching Arrow lately? The CW is capable of disrespecting the material too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom