• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Next thing we know they'll be putting Bwana Beast in one of these things.

Honestly, it would be even more remarkable if Animal Man showed up. My guy B'Wana has shown up in JLU, Batman Brave and the Bold, and Teen Titans Go, aside from a couple DC Nation shorts Animal Man has never made it out of the comics.

Honestly, it would be even more remarkable if Animal Man showed up. My guy B'Wana has shown up in JLU, Batman Brave and the Bold, and Teen Titans Go, aside from a couple DC Nation shorts Animal Man has never made it out of the comics.

Wasn't he in a few of the JLU wide shots, at least?

And yeah, he's never getting a movie :p

Sambrez_

A little fun fact, but Saïd is a french actor which one of the first film was "Gamer", a movie were he's playing a young man who struggle to create his own video game. One of the worst movie ever made but it wasn't his fault, and it was like 10 years ago.

Well from SHH!

gy2mARG.jpg

This seems like a stretch to me, frankly. Can't really conclude much from a guy with a mustache in period clothing.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yeah, been seeing the theories about Zatarra online, and it's the one I am most excited for, but if this is WWI, the timeline doesn't really line up. I mean it would make sense to keep planting seeds for JLD after Suicide Squad, but yeah, I don't think Zatarra works.

If he is a superhero, Zatara is as good a pick as any (and better than Congorilla, good lord). They'd just need to make Zatanna his granddaughter or something.

I still think he's Tesla, though.

Penguin

This seems like a stretch to me, frankly. Can't really conclude much from a guy with a mustache in period clothing.

Most fan theories are a stretch, part of the fun of speculation!

Also... no idea what this means, but Ezra Miller on his version of The Flash

“Well, [first] it’s going to be a movie,“I’d like for it to be an exploration of a human being, a multi-dimensional human being, to speak.I’d like the character to have many dimensions. But really, I’d like him to have the usual dimensions we know and love, and then some extra ones that are part of the amazing consideration of this superhero. I hope to realize him as a person, and I think what’s most exciting for me in superhero mythologies is when we feel the humanity of someone who is heroic — or the heroism of someone who is a flawed, deeply human person.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/13/ezra-miller-flash-justice-league

Penguin

So at what point do we create a Wonder Woman production thread?

GRRR!

I say it happens like the Suicide Squad one... eventually one of these threads will just be the catch-all and moved to Community.

Most likely whichever thread has the presser with official details

On the other end of the scale, rumors inbound on Justice League Dark film...

Guillermo Del Toro wanted Ron Perlman to play Swamp Thing and thus far everyone seems to agree that's still a good idea.

Right now the frontrunner for Constantine looks like Colin Farrell, who is currently shooting "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" with the studio. However, Ewan McGregor has also been approached for the same part.

It's possible that the one that doesn't get the role of John Constantine could fall back to Jason Blood, the human side of Etrigan.

For Deadman, Warner Bros is looking for a comedic presence and for Zatanna, they're still searching for hispanic/black actress to fill the role. Right now Monica Belluci looks like the top choice to play magic user Madame Xanadu.

Read more at: https://tr.im/w6gZH

Justice League Dark is not a part of DCEU right? or was that changed?

At this point I'm just assuming everything is in universe unless it's a vertigo thing like Sandman or 100 Bullets.

I wouldn't have minded Daniel for Swamp Thing or Jason Blood.

Everytime I think about seeing a live action Etrigan I get so excited.

ReiGun

Zatanna, they're still searching for hispanic/black actress to fill the role.

Now I'm not saying Ruth Negga would be perfect for Zatanna....

tumblr_n9gi5isEA41r5taq7o1_500.png

...but I totally am saying Ruth Negga would be perfect for Zatanna.

Now I'm not saying Ruth Negga would be perfect for Zatanna....

tumblr_n9gi5isEA41r5taq7o1_500.png

...but I totally am saying Ruth Negga would be perfect for Zatanna.

If there is any justice, she'd get the role. Holy shit I am so sold on her.

Colin Farrel would kill that role, honestly. The dude is a great actor, he is just always in shit movies.

I think if he just doesn't play it straight, he'd be great. Any time he goes serious is when the movie bombs. That being said, I thought In Bruges was fantastic, so I might be biased.

DaveH

Two random thoughts:

It would be funny for Constantine to run into Batman and reprise some innocuous line from Daredevil (2003) to remind you how far these two have come from their first attempts. We're sort of assuming Affleck is going to be redeemed, I wonder if that affects Ferrel's decision in any way or if it's purely about dollar signs (no idea whether True Detective helped him out or not).

The relative age of the cast suggests a one-and-done film not banking on franchising or sequels... unless they're targeting an older demo with the film, which is perhaps justified... the occult isn't kid or family friendly.

Penguin

Outside of fanboy chatter, how it been shown one way or another that Marvel or DC cares about any type of exclusivity with their actors?

You mention that she is on AoS, but she'll be appearing on a Warner Bros/Vertigo TV series soon. Same deal with Howard Stark and Preacher.

If there is a anti-competitive clause I assume it's just for the big stars and directors. I think James Gunn has said he'd like to direct Shazam but he's precluded, but that could mean a number of things. Some of the directors are fans of both comics or even more leaning toward DC.

Penguin

Two things... and first sounds odd

But with Creed reviews coming in, and a lot of them singing the praise of the movie and director, do you think Warner will look at Coogler for Cyborg? I'm sure they'd want a black director... and they do like re-using the same talent.

Second, seems like rumor casting for the villain in Justice League Dark
Ben Mendelsohn Eyed For Villain Anton Arcane In 'Justice League Dark'

CUG-yiXVAAAuZ5s.jpg

Anton is an interesting choice, I'd say he's by far the most grisly villain in the DCU. Incestuous rapist, unrepentant, rampart murderer, absolutely no humanity and creepy. I'm still doubting a rating above pg13 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom