• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Not that I know of.

Would be okay with it, but not being blonde makes the Canary part kind odd.

EDIT: Shows what I know :p

I can't remember offhand what issue/story it was in, but at one point someone tried to ambush Ollie by morphing into Dinah but didn't realize she was a brunette and that let him know it was an imposter.

ReiGun

Movie Aquaman is already a PoC, so not surprising they're heading that direction with Mera (and I'd guess Orm) as well.

I can't remember offhand what issue/story it was in, but at one point someone tried to ambush Ollie by morphing into Dinah but didn't realize she was a brunette and that let him know it was an imposter.

I think that she's currently a forreals blonde, but now that I stop and think about it I'm not 100% sure.

I don't mind racebending, but I don't care for stuff like Jimmy on supergirl where they pull a 180 on the characterization. My preference is usually to be as accurate to the character as possible*, but I'm never upset if they find an actor that can sell the character but doesn't look like them.

*Unless the character is John Stewart, then just copy/paste another lantern's attitude/story on top of him.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I don't mind racebending, but I don't care for stuff like Jimmy on supergirl where they pull a 180 on the characterization. My preference is usually to be as accurate to the character as possible*, but I'm never upset if they find an actor that can sell the character but doesn't look them.

*Unless the character is John Stewart, then just copy/paste another lantern's attitude/story on top of him.

They went with the guy on Supergirl because a) They wanted a Jimmy Olsen who had grown up and not the same dorky kid who gets portrayed every single time they trot out the character, and b) having an interracial relationship is still considered "taboo" to some in Hollywood and they wanted to push back against that.

Penguin

So glad I went to the BvS IMAX event. Even when the trailer leaked, I refrained, and boy did it pay off.

Yeah I did that, but the newest trailer... oh so good

Also sharing the gift of blus with fellow DC fans, some movies and stuff on sale

Like this sweet DC Animated Movies Set

81sDHAF5joL._SX385_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013HF7RQY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Only 84 bones

Or The Batman set (Burton) for 25
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-...D=1&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-Fnl._IWT2BuaylIsKNuUVA

Maddocks

Sure was cool as are the posters, but please, WB, send the screening tickets! Only solace is knowing nobody else got their confirmation email.

I wrote my name on the ticket like 45 times and made it all clear and took a picture of it just because. We are def not getting emails till 2 weeks before the screening.

I wrote my name on the ticket like 45 times and made it all clear and took a picture of it just because. We are def not getting emails till 2 weeks before the screening.

I imagine we will all just get the press passes, and will still have to show up early to get guaranteed entry. Probably won't seem them more than a month out. Two weeks sounds about right.

So glad I went to the BvS IMAX event. Even when the trailer leaked, I refrained, and boy did it pay off.

I would have loved to go or atleast sign up for a week early screening. Nearest imax is like an hour away.

They went with the guy on Supergirl because a) They wanted a Jimmy Olsen who had grown up and not the same dorky kid who gets portrayed every single time they trot out the character, and b) having an interracial relationship is still considered "taboo" to some in Hollywood and they wanted to push back against that.

I like that though :(. Wynn kind of takes over that spot now I suppose. I liked JImmy's portrayal in All Star Superman best, but new 52 rich kid hometown friend Jimmy is alright as well. Timmverse JImmy saving Supe's ass from parasite was great too.

I scribbled my email, Os could look like 0s or Qs, and afterwards they drop the news of an early screening. Here's an approximation of me watching the trailer that followed,

ONCk7OZ.gif

Ponn

Banned
Yeah I did that, but the newest trailer... oh so good

Also sharing the gift of blus with fellow DC fans, some movies and stuff on sale

Like this sweet DC Animated Movies Set

81sDHAF5joL._SX385_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013HF7RQY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Only 84 bones

Or The Batman set (Burton) for 25
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-...D=1&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-Fnl._IWT2BuaylIsKNuUVA

Already have a couple of them so would be rebuying but if you don't have any of those that is a great deal (except for Gotham Knight) with great books. They are still price matching some of the single DCU animated movies though so hoping to complete my collection over the next couple days. Right now for 7.99 they have Son of Batman, Batman vs. Robin, Gods and Monsters, Throne of Atlantis and Assault on Arkham.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They have a great and famous studio.

Do we now how the Batman Carscene fits in Suicide Squad? I thought Batman comes back from retirement in BvS? Is it a flashback?

Everybody wants to shoot in London. What is up with this place?

focus groups don't care if it gets destroyed
for real though nobody complained when a random city in not Eastern Europe got blown up

We know next to nothing about JL, pretty exciting considering they could go anywhere with the story. I really don't know how to handle Darkseid but I feel like he shouldn't be the first villain. I still want Brainiac for MoS2 as well. I hope their plans include the multiverse down the line but they have to handle their storytelling carefully to pull it off.

a916

Guess costume designer on JL spoke, not much to share but eh

CVj55OPWEAA7_hk.jpg

Cavill said pre-pro begins early next year... so June or sometime around then is when Justice League starts filming... that means we should be getting footage of what Flash/Cyborg look like... maybe Aquaman if he's there.

Loxley

Side bar: I'm finally working my way through Arrow and I'm about half-way through the second season. For the first time since I started watching this show, I actually exclaimed "OH FUCK YEAH" during a a character reveal. You can probably guess which one it is.

I've been waiting for this show to bring in proper Deathstroke since his first technical appearance in S1 given how pivotal of character he is. Now I'm just hyped for the inevitable Arrow vs Deathstroke showdown.

Side bar: I'm finally working my way through Arrow and I'm about half-way through the second season. For the first time since I started watching this show, I actually exclaimed "OH FUCK YEAH" during a a character reveal. You can probably guess which one it is.

I've been waiting for this show to bring in proper Deathstroke since his first technical appearance in S1 given how pivotal of character he is in the show. Now I'm just hyped for the inevitable Arrow vs Deathstroke showdown.

Yeah Manu Benett was great in Arrow. I'm still hoping Deathstroke is in squad somehow or is used for a future Batman film. I think it would be cool to see Deathstroke take on Batman, Jason and Nightwing at the same time, I was pretty disappointed how underpowered he was in Arkham Origins & Son of Batman. Arrow was a return to form.

ryan299

Cavill said pre-pro begins early next year... so June or sometime around then is when Justice League starts filming... that means we should be getting footage of what Flash/Cyborg look like... maybe Aquaman if he's there.

We'll see Aquaman and Flash in BvS. I think you'll see the beginning of the Cyborg transformation take place at the end of BvS but won't see him fully until JL.

strafer

I really wish Ezra gets to interact with Grant Gustin. I don't care if it's just a short scene, I just want the two Flashes together.

From what I understand Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns have been working closely together on the DCEU road map.

I'm excited at the prospect of Johns being behind the road map. I know some people don't care for his style of writing, but he's extremely creative and good at world building with new concepts, and he's talented at making people care about characters that are long considered lame or broken. I'm sure he's already got his talons deep into Aquaman.

IconGrist

I'm excited at the prospect of Johns being behind the road map. I know some people don't care for his style of writing, but he's extremely creative and good at world building with new concepts, and he's talented at making people care about characters that are long considered lame or broken. I'm sure he's already got his talons deep into Aquaman.

Snyder is a big advocate for Aquaman as well. To such an extent that he openly defended the character to a couple of radio hosts in the city where he was filming scenes for BvS. He called in on his way to the set when he heard them somewhat laughing at the character. He sounded like a huge nerd. It was great.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
*sees the Man of Steel thread in the OT*

giphy.gif

Not going in there. I know how they end up.
YUP! Same reaction from me. I'm actually wondering why there are so many "LTTP" threads allowed for that movie. There's like one every 3 months or so. How hard is it to find the old one and just post in that? Really seems to be an attention whore kind of thing. People can't be THAT dense to know the stigma that movie has around here and I have no idea what they hope to accomplish by staring a new thread about it every few months. It's the same people that pop into them over and over again and the cycle just keeps on going.

Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom