• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the MTV awards tonight or tomorrow night?

So what are considered the best DC animated movies?

I watched The Dark Knight Returns the other night, and was blown away by how good it was. Watched All Star Superman yesterday, it was okay [I enjoyed Lex Luthor more than anything].

I have a ton of Justice League movies lined up, and I know there are several Superman movies, Batman/Superman and Batman Bad Blood just came out.

1.Batman : Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman : Return of the Joker
3. Batman : Under the Red Hood
. Flashpoint Paradox
. Wonder Woman

Ahasverus

Wow, these Civil War impressions. Must be really good and better than The Dark Knight. Hope it delivers.
Oh, bet it will for the Internet agenda, like TWS lol. A team up movie will never be better than TDK, which was a character piece.

I however, expect the best Marvel movie of them all even those to come. I think not even the Russos can salvage The Avengers from the generic blockbuster territory.

Oh, bet it will for the Internet agenda, like TWS lol. A team up movie will never be better than TDK, which was a character piece.

I however, expect the best Marvel movie of them all even those to come. I think not even the Russos can salvage The Avengers from the generic blockbuster territory.

I think some people might end up disappointed. I keep hearing people asking about who the 3rd act villain is, but I don't think there is one. Russos already confirmed Zemo wouldn't do much and would be a minor character.

I also think the film will suffer from the same issues BvS did, too many storylines. Spiderman sounds like he'll be taking a good chunk of the movie (30 mins I think was confirmed), The Airport battle is 17 minutes, and establishing Black Panther will take some time as well. The movie runs for about 2hrs10 minutes without credits, so they'll have a little under an hour to focus on just Cap vs Tony, I don't know if they can pull that off without it feeling packed.

Those rumors sound like garbage for the most part. Particularly the JL story. That's just way too much shit going on and Superman should be Superman for the final act of his transformational trilogy, not
be Darkseid's Pawn.

This line is also plain out dumb,
with the League members all being shown to be dysfunctional, angry people that could have tipped over to the dark side easily if circumstances were a little different.

The only thing I like from the rumors is Shawn Levy directing Shazam. Also I'd be down with dafoe in the dceu.

Also fuck
He's also being redesigned, though they'll try to keep his classic look in mind.
I hate how they botched Doomsday's design.

I think some people might end up disappointed. I keep hearing people asking about who the 3rd act villain is, but I don't think there is one. Russos already confirmed Zemo wouldn't do much and would be a minor character.

I also think the film will suffer from the same issues BvS did, too many storylines. Spiderman sounds like he'll be taking a good chunk of the movie (30 mins I think was confirmed), The Airport battle is 17 minutes, and establishing Black Panther will take some time as well. The movie runs for about 2hrs10 minutes without credits, so they'll have a little under an hour to focus on just Cap vs Tony, I don't know if they can pull that off without it feeling packed.

Those rumors sound like garbage for the most part. Particularly the JL story. That's just way too much shit going on and Superman should be Superman for the final act of his transformational trilogy, not
be Darkseid's Pawn.

with the League members all being shown to be dysfunctional, angry people that could have tipped over to the dark side easily if circumstances were a little different.

The only thing I like from the rumors is Shawn Levy directing Shazam. Also I'd be down with dafoe in the dceu.

Yeah I don't believe any of the story shit, but I've got to day that the cast list sounds kind of like what I imagined.

SJRB

Gold Member
That Reddit post is just.. wtf.

If they make a Justice League movie that has the focus on
Lois Lane
of all people I'm going to have a meltdown.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That's something I really don't want to see in the movie. I mean, I like kinky sex, but no.

Pfft, not even curious? Smh, if anything these comicbook movies need more sex. And what better way to introduce it than in this dark DCEU with Margot Robbie and Jared Leto?

I would be cool with Batfleck and Baldman too tbh.

Ninjimbo

be Darkseid's Pawn.

Also fuck
He's also being redesigned, though they'll try to keep his classic look in mind.
I hate how they botched Doomsday's design.
I can see that part of JL's story being true. It's everything the Knightmare implies and if you take that as a peak into the future and not a dream, Superman being a bad guy in JL would fit. At least for a little bit. There's also that whole "Lois is the key" thing in the Flash sequence. Maybe she's the key to bring Superman back to his good ole self? I'm not buying it but it is possible.

As for the rest of the story bits mentioned in that post, I don't know. It's Snyder lol. Anything is possible now.

Boke1879

I think Lois will have some sort of relevance to the JL plot considering the sequence we see in BvS, but I see this first movie being a recruitment/taking on the threat before Darkseid. There will be setup for Darkseid but overall I see this as the recruitment movie.

Effect

Regarding that reddit post in regards to Superman.
Isn't there an issue after Superman dies fighting Doomsday in the comics where Superman/Clark shown fighting to free his soul or something like that. It might actually be his father doing it or dreaming it. I think it was an issue of Superman or Adventures of Superman. I wonder if that rumor in the reddit thread about Superman encountering Darkseid on the astral plane is a call back to that part of the story. I think there is some debate if that actually really happen in the comics though. They're clearly mining the Death and Return of Superman story so it would be a possible plot to pull and expand on.

Assuming any of that is true. One can easily look at what they've done and then reason out possible ways forward based on the material they're looking at.

I like the idea of Batman and Wonder Woman teaming up to gather the meta-humans. The subplot of the meta-humans being hunted by the government could be interested; would be a cool way to reintroduce Lex Luthor - hopefully a more hardened version.

I can see that part of JL's story being true. It's everything the Knightmare implies and if you take that as a peak into the future and not a dream, Superman being a bad guy in JL would fit. At least for a little bit. There's also that whole "Lois is the key" thing in the Flash sequence. Maybe she's the key to bring Superman back to his good ole self? I'm not buying it but it is possible.

As for the rest of the story bits mentioned in that post, I don't know. It's Snyder lol. Anything is possible now.

At this point I'd rather they just drop the Knightmare storyline or tie it closer to Flash than the JL storyline.

I think what bothers me the most about the
"one bad day" situation is that most of the heroes already had a shitty life and they overcame it. Barry's origin was all about the worst shit happening in his life and he still became the Flash.

shingi70

Banned
Having Superman being doomsday ouppey would defeat the purpose of the ending to BvS. That said BvS said fuck the ending of Man of Steel so there's that.

Ahasverus

Now that I've come to think, there are three egregious scenes with zero redeeming qualities in BvS

- The Kryptonite discovery. Really misplaced and uneccessary, could have been interspersed in Luthor's request to the senator

- Lois giving Swanswick the bullet in the rain.

- Pa Kent's appareance. Made no sense. While I get the message, it really makes no sense. Ia Superman hallucinating? Talking to himself? Rmembering?

IconGrist

Now that I've come to think, there are three egregious scenes with zero redeeming qualities in BvS

- The Kryptonite discovery. Really misplaced and uneccessary, could have been interspersed in Luthor's request to the senator

- Lois giving Swanswick the bullet in the rain.

- Pa Kent's appareance. Made no sense. While I get the message, it really makes no sense. Ia Superman hallucinating? Talking to himself? Rmembering?

I liked that scene but mainly because I felt vindicated that I thought the WE creating it was the way they would go.

This was one of Lois' better scenes actually.

This is the only thing they should take from Smallville because it made for some of the best scenes. I don't want it in every movie Superman is in but every once in a while is fine by me.

Ahasverus

it is the only thing they should take from Smallville because it made for some of the best scenes. I don't want it in every movie Superman is in but every once in a while is fine by me.
But.. what happened. it's not telegraphed at all and it needs to be. However most of the movie is that way.

Effect

But.. what happened. it's not telegraphed at all and it needs to be. However most of the movie is that way.

I don't understand the confusion with that scene. Characters imagining or hallucinting or being visisted by dead loved ones talking to them only for the camera to show they were alone the entire time is an old trope. It's something that everyone should have picked up on and understood because it's done so many times in movies and tv shows. Cartoons even do it. The confused and WTF look on Clark's face at the beginning of the scene is what shows what is happening or about to happen isn't normal or real. We know Jonathan Kent is dead. Did Clark need to say out loud "Am I dreaming", "You're suppose to be dead", etc?

ryan299

Final domestic intake has been lowered again as the movie is predicted to end up between 325 and 335 million. It's at 783 million worldwide. Will probably only hit 850.

At this point I expect the extended edition in theaters. WB needs this to make more money.

Hah yeah. But forreal the list of actors being approached for an undisclosed role is so good. Some great men and women in that pool

I believe the Alona Tal/Black Canary rumor bc of what happened on Arrow

spiderman.gif

I wouldn't rule that out at all.

Are the MTV awards tonight or tomorrow night?

1.Batman : Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman : Return of the Joker
3. Batman : Under the Red Hood
. Flashpoint Paradox
. Wonder Woman

For best DC movies? Wonder Woman isn't up there.
First 2 yes, then DRK then Flashpoint, Subzero, Assault on Arkham.

Except TWS is the best second phase movie. About The Avengers, I'm actually excited to see how they use the others powers, given what they did with Cap and Panther from the looks of things.

Final domestic intake has been lowered again as the movie is predicted to end up between 325 and 335 million. It's at 783 million worldwide. Will probably only hit 850.

At this point I expect the extended edition in theaters. WB needs this to make more money.

I believe the Alona Tal/Black Canary rumor bc of what happened on Arrow

I could see the extended edition popping up after CW, but I wouldn't bother. Just waiting for bluray now.
Film was a disappointing mess.

Ahasverus

Except TWS is the best second phase movie. About The Avengers, I'm actually excited to see how they use the others powers, given what they did with Cap and Panther from the looks of things.
It is the best MCU movie and a very good film but it's not better than TDK. That's a very high bar however.

It is the best MCU movie and a very good film but it's not better than TDK. That's a very high bar however.

Didn't say it was better than TDK, that and Avengers are my two favorites; but I won't discount the film as immediately having no shot because TWS was that good.

And that 4chan post is garbage. Half of that is known.
Although that did remind me of the ViolatingNDA post.
Kryptonian drones lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom