• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddocks

Once Batman V Superman is released and watched, people will fall in love with Man of Steel for what it set up and they will see the error of their ways. BVS is going to make Man of Steel a better film. Like how Spiderman 3 ruined the franchise and retroactively made part 1 and 2 shit, BVS will do the opposite.

Effect

Didn't take long for some people. The shitting on the X-men Apocalypse trailer has already started. Expected as much as well. Again if it isn't the MCU it's going to get bashed by the majority here on GAF.

Didn't take long for some people The shitting on the X-men Apocalypse trailer has already started. Expected as much as well. Again if it isn't the MCU it's going to get bashed by the majority here on GAF.

That's quite upsetting, the X-men franchise has been excellent since the "reboot".

Effect

That's quite upsetting, the X-men franchise has been excellent since the "reboot".

They have been great. Each film gets bashed it seems regardless.

X-men is my second most look forward to film after Batman v Superman come 2016. Mohawk Storm is something I've wanted to see in live action since I was a kid watching the 90s cartoon. Same with metal winged ArchAngel. I continue to be glad that X-men has it's own universe. I firmly believe we would not be getting these stories or the tone of the films if Marvel/Disney had the rights back. It's always been a benefit that the X-men universe could stand on it's own.

Pachimari

I fell asleep the first time I watched Man of Steel and the second time was a drag. But I don't hate it, and is trying to enjoy it every time I give it a chance. I do like the action and how the film looks though!

I'm reasonably excited for BvS, XMen, and Civil War. That's not touching on the second half of 2016. There's even a faithful looking Deadpool film for fans of Deadpool. Hey, no judgement from me. But I will say, strange turn of events how BvS is ending up the most colourful of the big three.

I'll be seeing all the movies except deadpool. The jokes really didn't land for me, and I know the movie is going to be 100% carried by it's humor. I took it that fans of the dead pool comics wanted something more in line with Joe Kelley's deadpool.

The parellels between Marvel Studios & WB films are pretty interesting.

Both have a film where heroes are fighting each other as the main conflict, however their aims are wildly different. BvS is focusing on conflict resolution and the formation of the justice league, while Avengers is focused on the team supposedly falling apart right before infinity war.

WB's films look to be focusing on more of the comic book aspects with WW, Parademons, Doomsday,
Aquaman, Flash, probably Warsuit lex
while Civil War looked surprisingly grounded with a darker color palette than usually seen in marvel films. Apparently Baron Zemo doesn't even wear his mask. This is especially compounded when Squad is reportedly going in hard with Enchantress & magic (Katanna's sword as well), while Dr. Strange is apparently a physicist exploring alternate dimensions.

Dysun

Didn't take long for some people. The shitting on the X-men Apocalypse trailer has already started. Expected as much as well. Again if it isn't the MCU it's going to get bashed by the majority here on GAF.

I like all comic book movies unless they are unabashedly shit like Fant4stic Four

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Like how Spiderman 3 ruined the franchise and retroactively made part 1 and 2 shit, BVS will do the opposite.
Yeah, no.

Not really. There is some hyperbole and the usuall trailer stupidity which all blockbuster movies have, but there is no big bashing, even a couple of X-Men fans say really stupid shit.
But for some MCU fans are the big evil of the present, so i dont know.

ReiGun

The meta discussions about how we discuss superhero films are becoming as circular and predictable as our discussions of the films themselves.

What's amazing is we're somehow not bored yet.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The meta discussions about how we discuss superhero films are becoming as circular and predictable as our discussions of the films themselves.

What's amazing is we're somehow not bored yet.
Agreed.
Lets just have fun watching our heroes and avoid shitty threads

X-men trailer reception is lukewarm but I wouldn't say people are hating on the movie itself. Mostly because they have Singer's other movies to fallback on which are mostly liked, while in comparison BvS has just MoS to fall back on, which is divisive on here at best.

I thought the trailer had too many quick cuts, unfinished cgi, not a whole lot of meaning behind it at face value, and probably the worst example of loud horns. But I liked Singer's other movies (besides Superman returns) so I'm sure his movie will be good at worst.

IconGrist

I think Singer would have made an excellent Superman movie had he not been trying to continue someone else's story and character iterations.

DaveH

AJpJ5Sf.jpg

strafer

My poor, neglected baby of a thread

Just some updates
Jan 19th, DC will have a special on the CW called "Dawn of the Justice League" hosted by Kevin Smith and Geoff Johns
  • First look at Wonder Woman
  • New look at Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • Brand new Trailer for Suicide Squad

We got the first two commercials for BvS
"Tell Me Do You Bleed?"
Clark Kent Meet Bruce Wayne

lol Penguin. Nice new avatar by the way.

We should lock all the other DC threads and use this. There's too many.

I've always liked the idea of making this an unmarked spoiler thread for all DCEU movie stuff. Once the movies start rolling out, it'll be a hub for people who have seen them and want to talk about them freely without worrying about spoiling anything. Also news about upcoming films.

Penguin

We should lock all the other DC threads and use this. There's too many.
Eh this was never intended to be a hub, but more of a catch-all. And place for minor rumors/speculation that probably didn't desire their own threads... even if that doesn't work out

lol Penguin. Nice new avatar by the way.

Glad someone appreciates

Thanks!

Chris Pine on GL.
Says he was never offered or in talks for the role
http://collider.com/chris-pine-gree...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

Ahasverus

WB is nailing all castings, A game all along. It's happening guys, it's happening. So excited ited for WW, more than any other DCU film.

IconGrist

tim1138

I imagine they're going to do a bit of a mash up between Golden Age and post Crisis origins for Wonder Woman. She'll have adventures with Steve Trevor during WW1 (instead of WW2, but still in line with her Golden Age origin) but during the modern day stuff Steve will be older (and maybe married to Etta Candy?) and Diana will return to man's world as an Ambassador of Themyscira like her post Crisis origins. Having her solo movie be a period piece is smart, because it gives them a logical way to use the best bits of her various origin stories.

Ahasverus

No man from WWI is still alive though. That would make ST like 120 years old. Unless the movie's epilogue is WW returning in the 90's or something.

tim1138

No man from WWI is still alive though. That would make ST like 120 years old. Unless the movie's epilogue is WW returning in the 90's or something.

Yeah, for whatever reason I was still thinking WW2 as I typed that out. My point still stands about borrowing bits from both origins

Loxley

strafer

These are my guesses for BO.

Batman v Superman

Opening Weekend: 150 million

World Wide: 1.5 billion

-------

Suicide Squad

Opening Weekend:
90 million

World Wide: 750 million

-------