• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Will we see Supes on the marketing material? Posters, trailers etc. Wonder how they will do that one. I say don't show anything. Then in the movie, when all seems lost and the team does not seem able to pull it off, slowly start building the Superman theme. While continuing to show how the team is getting wrecked, Batman/Aquaman/Wonder Woman etc. all down on the floor, while the big bad wrecks some serious shit. At this point the music is becoming louder, and louder. And then BAM: Supes shows up, protecting them all while his theme is playing full blast. Do it, Zack. Make us join him in the sun.

Will we see Supes on the marketing material? Posters, trailers etc. Wonder how they will do that one. I say don't show anything. Then in the movie, when all seems lost and the team does not seem able to pull it off, slowly start building the Superman theme. While continuing to show how the team is getting wrecked, Batman/Aquaman/Wonder Woman etc. all down on the floor, while the big bad wrecks some serious shit. At this point the music is becoming louder, and louder. And then BAM: Supes shows up, protecting them all with his theme playing full blast. Do it, Zack. Make us join him in the sun.
Sounds like a great trailer #3

guek

Banned
It's disappointment doesn't mean things will turn around for the better. It's just as likely the studio will micromanage the shit out of it and ruin it that way too. Look at Fox for a number of years. Their suits couldn't get out of the way and it was middling performance after middling performance.

Studio involvement isn't always a bad thing, we just tend to hear about the instances when it hinders a project instead of helping. It's hard to say what's better for Snyder as a director, especially since all of his movies suffer from similar problems in varying degrees.

As someone who thinks he's only made one decent theatrical release, I can't see it being a bad thing.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
justice-league-concept-art-700x300.jpg

That was the first piece of marketing for Justice League, might as well put him in the trailer.

Gravidee

The scenes in the movie spent regarding his apparent death were one of my many criticisms against the movie. Too much time is spent moping about Superman's death when the audience freaking knows he won't stay that way for long. And it's difficult to care about it anyways given that his character wasn't good enough to begin with to earn those scenes.

duckroll

The first teaser will be a slow pan up on Superman's coffin, with the camera stopping when we can see that it has been cracked open and the Superman logo is split into two. The coffin is empty.

Then you hear Affleck's voice - "Gather the others, we're too late."

The first teaser will be a slow pan up on Superman's coffin, with the camera stopping when we can see that it has been cracked open and the Superman logo is split into two. The coffin is empty.

I think you're onto something and I'm not kidding.

I've got a theory and fans are going HATE it. Since I guess the ending is out there, I won't spoiler tag this speculation, but if it's too much just tell me.

This will be their take on Bizzaro. Supes will come back with no memory and will be the actual antagonist. Losing her won't be the thing that sets him off, but saves him. Lois, or maybe even his mother, will die and in that moment he'll remember who he is just as the real threat presents itself.

The salt mound will rival Mt. Everest.

a916

I'd rather him just show up, out of no where to save the Justice League, or help at least.

Him vs the JL would be so damn risky, another movie of him being not happy won't help his mass appeal

Absolutely no one thinks superman is dead. They might as well put him in a trailer.

No! If he's evil or whatever, the definitely don't show him in the trailer, let that be a lesson from Doomsday. If he IS coming back in the final 2/3rds, don't show him either. WB needs to stop releasing the full load in marketing. Let people wonder when he's coming back and where. What if there's two dire situations and everyones like here he comes but he doesn't... I'd like to be somewhat surprised even if we all know he is coming back.

It's disappointment doesn't mean things will turn around for the better. It's just as likely the studio will micromanage the shit out of it and ruin it that way too. Look at Fox for a number of years. Their suits couldn't get out of the way and it was middling performance after middling performance.

No idea what degree they'll micro-manage. WB is way too hands off... but being hands on isn't a good thing either. They need a guy who oversees everything instead of having these unique directors visions in each film.

The micromanagement can range from Fox's Fantastic Four or Perlmutter's MCU.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I've got a theory and fans are going HATE it. Since I guess the ending is out there, I won't spoiler tag this speculation, but if it's too much just tell me.

This will be their take on Bizzaro. Supes will come back with no memory and will be the actual antagonist. Losing her won't be the thing that sets him off, but saves him. Lois, or maybe even his mother, will die and in that moment he'll remember who he is just as the real threat presents itself.

I don't think we need a 3rd straight movie where people might perceive Superman as an asshole, my man.

JLA will probably deal on HOW to revive Superman. Just because the ground was shaking
Doesn't mean he will just pop out of the ground like nothing happened. Just like in the comics, a lot has to be lined up and just right for him to resurrect.
And some of you sure are hard, I teamed up at clarks funeral. At the realization Martha lost both her husband and son.

No, man, I'm good. Don't want three straight movies with a shit Superman. Please, just no.

a916

JLA will probably deal on HOW to revive Superman. Just because the ground was shaking
Doesn't mean he will just pop out of the ground like nothing happened. Just like in the comics, a lot has to be lined up and just right for him to resurrect.
And some of you sure are hard, I teamed up at clarks funeral. At the realization Martha lost both her husband and son.

There were a few scenes that gut punched me... the intro, the ending and Superman's last words.

LOL what if we've been all wrong about Darkseid being the Baddy, and it's just strait up Nekron, and Supes comes back as a Black Lantern, before being turned into a white Lantern, then back into just plain old Supes.

LOL what if we've been all wrong about Darkseid being the Baddy, and it's just strait up Nekron, and Supes comes back as a Black Lantern, before being turned into a white Lantern, then back into just plain old Supes.

The working title is Caveman, so I'm pretty sure Vandal Savage is in there somewhere.

Yes, but were those tears earned?

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

I don't think we need a 3rd straight movie where people might perceive Superman as an asshole, my man.

No, man, I'm good. Don't want three straight movies with a shit Superman. Please, just no.

I'm not saying that's what I want. It's just where I feel they might end up going with it.

Nah, Supes will be rockin a beard

Speaking of what I want, I want to see bearded Supes.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just watched Justice League War, that was pretty neat!

Action was great and I loved the banter. Darkseid was badass as hell. Wonder Woman's voice acting was pretty terrible though.

Idk if its safe for a DC fanboy to show up in a box office thread, so i'll say it here. In what universe would a Thor film outgross a Justice League film?? I know BvS was panned but come onnnnnnn.

BadAss2961

Idk if its safe for a DC fanboy to show up in a box office thread, so i'll say it here. In what universe would a Thor film outgross a Justice League film?? I know BvS was panned but come onnnnnnn.
Eh, it's a new ballgame now. Deadpool can beat BvS domestically. Can't take anything for granted. Just hope that JL delivers, which i'm still confident it absolutely will.

Having said that, fuck the box office threads. Light that shit on fire. lol
After The Dark World, why anybody would even want another Thor movie is beyond me.

They want to see it compete with Justice League more than they actually care to see the movie.

Just play Superman straight. There's no need to do anything crazy with him. BvS was a story about him accepting his role in the world, there's no need to fuck with it further.

guek

Banned

Don't underestimate the ineptitude of Zack Snyder. With Justice League coming out so soon after Batman v Superman, they're going to have to put in a lot of work to rebuild their image.

Gleethor

Finally saw BvS a second time, definitely liked it better. I'm actually a bit more hopeful for the DCEU now. I really appreciated the cinematography the second time around, good lord so much of this film is gorgeous. I want Snyder to remain behind the camera but I just need someone else directing the actors. That Batman warehouse fight was still so fucking good.

There's still a lot of (mostly little) things that I disliked. Batman needlessly using his tow cable on the already out of commission car is overkill. It's textbook Snyder "Hey wouldn't this be cool..." with zero sense behind it. Batman killing if he has to is fine, but going out of his way to fling cars around is dumb. Lois remains inept. The Flash time travel scene is jarring enough and then it goes on for way too long. Editing in the first half especially is so weird, there are so many scenes that just seem out of order.

My second viewing is likely the last time I'll ever watch the theatrical cut. Bring on the DC, DC.

Boke1879

Don't underestimate the ineptitude of Zack Snyder. With Justice League coming out so soon after Batman v Superman, they're going to have to put in a lot of work to rebuild their image.

It still has 2 movies in SS and WW that could be received very well. And I would assume Snyder is out after JL1 anyway.

Maddocks

once you said 4chan, that alone lets everyone know full of shit, then when he/she said we at WB, even worse. All nolans fault so they are going to rope him into inception 2? come on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom