• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Okay, this is 4chan, so have your grain of salt prepared
ORk7s4d.png

JL somehow being ready in fourteen months would be fucking nuts

I honestly just can't believe any of that. I doubt WW is being moved. Wasn't it's release schedule just pushed up a week?

ORk7s4d.png

JL being ready in 14 months wouldn't be unheard of for a typical blockbuster. Most shoot the summer before release. TDKR started in May with some of the small stuff in India before getting deep into filming later that month, was filming until November/December, and still made the July release date. If Snyder has his visual effects stuff laid out, I assume visual effects studios could be doing work now.

However, considering the source, we know it's bullshit.

J_Viper

once you said 4chan, that alone lets everyone know full of shit, then when he/she said we at WB, even worse. All nolans fault so they are going to rope him into inception 2? come on....

This is more than likely horse shit, but I will say that it's very well written horse shit. Well written enough that a part of me is willing to think it may be possible

For what it's worth, I read about the Martha resolution to the BvS fight on 4chan a while before the movie launched...
I honestly just can't believe any of that. I doubt WW is being moved. Wasn't it's release schedule just pushed up a week?

His reply to that
producing the hobbit taught us that even a giant tentpole movie with no script, story or previs can be finished on time if enough money is thrown at it. justice league 1 has been meticulously planned to the point where we've already seen the movie and nothing's even been shot yet. we can get the effects in by june.

Let's keep up the rewrite train guys

Clark Kent: Civil liberties are being trampled on in your city; good people living in fear.

Bruce Wayne: Don't believe everything you hear, son.

Clark Kent: I've seen it, Mr. Wayne. He thinks he's above the law.

Bruce Wayne:
TELL THAT TO ZOD'S SNAPPED NECK

J_Viper

Clark Kent: Civil liberties are being trampled on in your city; good people living in fear.

Bruce Wayne:

RAIN ASSAULTS THE GROUND

Draconian

Yes, I totally trust a rumor from a dude who misspelled Snyder's first name.

Also, who ever called the WW footage uninspired? Y'know, footage from a movie over a year away that wasn't even finished filming at the time.

ORk7s4d.png

Don't talk to me or Zod's snapped neck ever again.

Bruce Wayne:

Clark: FIND HIM. SAVE MARTHA.

Bruce: TELL THAT TO ZOD'S SNAPPED NECK

IconGrist

I'd argue Snyder is only a name entertainment reporters, entertainment bloggers, media forum goers, and movie lovers (different from movie goer) have heard of and know his work. Even then that likely doesn't mean 100% of them know who he is. This idea that "it's Snyder" means the general public will hate on JL before anyone has seen a single frame is absurd. If people are going to be down on JL right up until it's release its because BvS, SS and WW fail to meet expectations. SS and WW do well the GA will look forward to JL. Only the groups I listed above will be apprehensive because it's Snyder. And a good chunk of them will see the film for free anyway so fuck 'em, lol.

Merely using the fake rumors to break off into a tangent, I can't imagine Justice League sharing a tone or feel with BvS. The trinity is glum and pessimistic at the beginning. While there isn't exactly closure for Superman's arc, Batman and WW are reinvigorated. In fairness you can say the same about MoS but the closing events sets JL to start on a hopeful note. Who's to say how the new members act.

Dead

well not really...yet
ORk7s4d.png

Complete bullshit I'd wager

Snyder storyboards his movies on his own for all of his films btw, so the idea that WB asked him to do it for Justice League seems dumb

edit: Read the thread where its from and the dude Basically shits on Chris Nolan and the WB brass and says Zack just had tons of shit piled on him that he had to manage

Everything the dude says is everything most people would rather not believe (instead blame Zack for everything). Still doubt the validity, but amusing none the less :lol

ORk7s4d.png

The Looney Tunes bit alone seems like total nonsense - why would the greenlighting of a completely unrelated film in a completely different genre have somehow been contingent on BvS hitting a certain financial milestone?

Ross61

I don't believe everything that guy said. With that being said , the way hey described JL1 in one of those post were interesting

Ashhong

But which coffin is Superman in? Isn't he in Smallville as that's where the ground was shaking? Did Batman just tell them Supes died and they used an empty coffin?

KonradLaw

But which coffin is Superman in? Isn't he in Smallville as that's where the ground was shaking? Did Batman just tell them Supes died and they used an empty coffin?

The Smallville one. Empty coffin in Metropolis. They really should have had a scene of them putting his costume into metropolis coffin.

Clark Kent: How do you feel about the current state of Gotham?

Bruce Wayne: What about Gotham?

Clark Kent: Crime rates may be down, but people live in fear of the Batman. They're not choosing to be better people, they're being intimidated. Isn't free will more important than enforced order?

Bruce Wayne: Who gives a shit about free will? Every percentage point by which crime is reduced translates into real progress: fewer people are assaulted, fewer women are raped and fewer children watch their parents be murdered.

Clark Kent: I'm sorry, that must be a sensitive subject --

Bruce Wayne:
Yeah, it is. And anyway, why should I take you seriously, Mr. Kent? The subject of which you most frequently write is a flying blue Boy Scout.

Clark Kent: I think he wants to be seen as a beacon of hope -- someone we should aspire to imitate.

Bruce Wayne: Hope died with thousands of people in Metropolis. The people of Gotham know no one's coming to save them.

We can just cut out the awkward Lex dialogue to make it fit.

Have we discussed how Cyborgs father got his hands on a motherbox? The communion scene made it look like motherboxes were introduced then.

People from apocalypse or new genesis have been to earth or someone from earth found a gateway to one of those places. A million possible ways to explain it and no way to narrow it down without more information.

Was out of the loop on Zod's neck.

Really I think the script was great in terms of dialogue and character interactions. I don't think Terrio got to control stuff like "we have to get these Justice League cameos in". You throw too much in and even the best writer is going to have issues making it flow naturally. In the end it's the director & producer who makes the calls and having Zack on both is most likely the big issue.

Still, I think the movie would have tide over better if there were more action and less themes at play. At the end of the day it's a comic book movie and people want a lot of action.

shingi70

Banned
Mister Miracle escaping to earth already with Barda before BVS took place.

>:)

and as soon as they touched down on earth to Warn us about the oncoming threat they were arrested and tortured until Scott was killed and Barda left an emotionless husk, and then their motherbox was taken and given to the Red Room.

ReiGun

our younger filmmakers are really pushing for this. regretfully a lot of good properties are already taken. fox has dragonball and disney are waiting for hayao miyazaki to die so they can snatch up ghibli. they may get "nausicaa" before that which we hear they want to make their lord of the rings

besides pokemon and akira (maybe evangelion, but only if akira doesn't happen), we are trying to aquire legacy projects millenials are familiar with (we've been combing through "toonami" schedules from the early 2000s, things like innoyasha and yoyo hakusho) as well as sniping smaller, newer shows with developing fanbases. trying to get things before they become expensive. we're in talks for "one-punch man" because we like the civilian volunteer hero concept and think it's ripe for the universe treatment.

also, we have a script for "sailor moon" by a rising talent named rebecca sugar. look out for an announcement by the end of the year.
This is probably the most believable thing in the whole thread. If only because you know Hollywood has been circling those anime properties for a while, despite how few have gotten off the ground.

While I was initially inclined to say no, I think that a few things in there are true, or are at the least accurate guesses

The animated specifically. I've heard that Rebecca Sugar thing before, I dont know where though.

Busty

Banned
Stop posting 4chan here.

This.

The poster has made enough smaller mistakes for me to realise that he is full of shit. His "I don't know why we're making Blade Runner 2" would be the final because Warners aren't making it. They are just distributing it in North America for Alcon which is fully financing and producing the film. They also did the recent Point Break remake.

Penguin

This is probably the most believable thing in the whole thread. If only because you know Hollywood has been circling those anime properties for a while, despite how few have gotten off the ground.

Weird

Thought after comics, Hollywood would try to go back to turning video games into something

But anime makes a certain amount of sense.

Atomic Odin

Has there been any casting rumours for Darkseid? Who do you guys want to play him?

I'd personally have him CG with Michael Ironside voicing & doing mocap. Bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom