• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Well..they are. But I think everybody's watching to see how Warcraft and Assassin's Creed will do.

Kind of

Like this is a big year, but then I don't really know a ton of comic movies MOVING forward

I know a few have been in production limbo for a while like Uncharted and the Last of Us. And think Sony had announced a Sly movie.

Loxley

I like what I've seen so far of Warcraft and the talent involved leads to believe it will be a solid movie, but it's really going to need Deadpool-style word of mouth.

feel sorry for Duncan Jones, great director, but I think the movie is gonna bomb.

I legitimately believe Europe and China will save it. Particularly because China seems to loves fantasy films and Warcraft was/is huge over there.

KonradLaw

Can't agree more. Everything I've seen just screams mediocre cliché fantasy.

I hope I'm proven wrong. I'd love to see good video game movies.

Well..it might be cliche, but as long as it's still a good movie maybe that will be enough. I mean, it's such incredibly rare genre to see in cinema. . LOTR was supposed to give the genre a boost, but it didn't. THe only thing we got were Hobbits and they were terrible terrible movies and yet still did well.

Is anyone honestly thinking Warcraft won't end up better than Hobbit?

BadAss2961

What does he mean by first movie? JL1?
I assume he means the Shazam movie. Him being in Justice League would be a spoiler.

I think there's a good chance he'll be introduced in JL1 though. He's The Rock, they cast him super early, and he's itching to get in the game.

KonradLaw

I assume he means the Shazam movie. Him being in Justice League would be a spoiler.

I think there's a good chance he'll be introduced in JL1 though. He's The Rock, they cast him super early, and he's itching to get in the game.

Yeah. No way they're keeping Rock on the bench till Shazam.

IconGrist

I know nothing about Black Adam. Is he strong enough to face the JL? How and why should he be in JL1?

I may have heard this wrong but didn't Adam once in a fat of rage wipe out the entire East Coast? I don't know if that's true but what I can tell you is he may not be League level bit he's too much for just one League member.

Senoculum

Was out of the loop on Zod's neck.

Really I think the script was great in terms of dialogue and character interactions. I don't think Terrio got to control stuff like "we have to get these Justice League cameos in". You throw too much in and even the best writer is going to have issues making it flow naturally. In the end it's the director & producer who makes the calls and having Zack on both is most likely the big issue.

Still, I think the movie would have tide over better if there were more action and less themes at play. At the end of the day it's a comic book movie and people want a lot of action.

Completely agree. On my third viewing, halfway, me mum whispered, "there's not a lot of action yet, is there?" I appreciated that the film strayed from typical comic book movie conventions; I'd argue that the filmmakers steadily removed all cliches. It was a breathe of fresh air for me. But yes, let us hope that the Seven Samuria-esque approach for Justice League brings on some set pieces in the second act, where it really counts.

I'm guessing he's saying that because the script is locked in now? I would have liked to see Superman in the film. Could also be they decided to keep Billy out of universe, but it's too early to say that.

I wouldn't count on him being in JL either unless they add him in post production. He showed his schedule and it's way too busy for him to be in JL.

I know nothing about Black Adam. Is he strong enough to face the JL? How and why should he be in JL1?

Going to shill 52 here, everyone that hasn't read it should read it. It's pretty much THE story for Black Adam as well as having 2 other entertaining side stories. It's good enough that I don't feel comfortable spoiling it without tags and it's been out for like almost 10 years or so.

He's usually Superman level but doesn't hold back. I doubt he could take on all of the league, but he could probably 2 v 1 a noob Superman and WW. He's a lot stronger than WW and more experienced than Supes.

I may have heard this wrong but didn't Adam once in a fat of rage wipe out the entire East Coast? I don't know if that's true but what I can tell you is he may not be League level bit he's too much for just one League member.

He started a path of destruction from Bialya. He destroyed the country in less than a hour I think. Just about every hero on earth came together to try to stop him but they couldn't do much more than distract him. Most of the JL was depowered so there wasn't much left to stop him except Captain Marvel, some green lanterns and the JSA. He destroyed MMH and Captain Marvel realized they'd cause too much collateral damage while fighting each other so he looked for ways to strip him of his power.

KonradLaw

Really I think the script was great in terms of dialogue and character interactions. I don't think Terrio got to control stuff like "we have to get these Justice League cameos in".

At the very least it's obvious the dialogues were heavily touched up. There are some truly incredible lines in BvS, far better than anything MoS ever had.

It's kind of frustrating. Usually when a movie ends up dissapoiting it's bad as a whole. But BvS has so many great elements that are mixed with meh ones.

50BSBDh.jpg

Never noticed before but Apokalips is literally depicted at the top (bottom?) of the painting.

There's no sun or anything on the angels side because their on Earth (the Justice League). Its all very poetic.

AssCreed looks like shit.

Warcraft I'm interested in as a motherfucker. I believe in Duncan Jones.

Guys please, you know Ratchet and Clank is the only video game movie that has a chance of being good. Warcraft might be successful but it's plot is safe as fuck.

Isn't Black Adam's powers considered Magic ? Shouldn't that be enoght to make Superman bleed ? =P

The source of Black Adam's strength is Magic, but his punch still delivers blunt force trauma, which Supes is still Highly Resistant to. If Black Adam has a magical sword that will cut through anything then yes it will cut through Supes.

a916

Variety reporting Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart working out schedules for the remake of Jumanji due out in July 2018...

How the F has WB not had a Shazam movie to go yet? Jesus Christ... this dude is continually taking on more and more movies and you're going to just let him sit on the sidelines? They don't even have a script in place for the movie yet...

IconGrist

Variety reporting Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart working out schedules for the remake of Jumanji due out in July 2018...

How the F has WB not had a Shazam movie to go yet? Jesus Christ... this dude is continually taking on more and more movies and you're going to just let him sit on the sidelines? They don't even have a script in place for the movie yet...

It's probably odd for WB because they let Rock pick the role. He just happened to pick the one guy who was in a movie they weren't in a hurry to make, haha.

guek

Banned
It's probably odd for WB because they let Rock pick the role. He just happened to pick the one guy who was in a movie they weren't in a hurry to make, haha.

The Rock should have been Cyborg. That's the only way I'd be excited to see that movie. CGI his face onto a body double for the pre-injury scenes like they did with Evans in Cap 1 and then have Miles Dyson give his boy a jacked up new body.

Penguin

Well it was announced with his role that it was 2019 film?

I don't know why so far down the road, but it's not like they are making him pick other movies that keep pushing this back

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
they should fastrack the Shazam movie, this universe needs a bit of lighthearted stuff.

Cheebo

Banned
Brad Bird is in live action director jail. I doubt any studio would hire him for a live action movie at this point. He is doing Incredibles 2 anyway.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Brad Bird is in live action director jail. I doubt any studio would hire him for a live action movie at this point. He is doing Incredibles 2 anyway.

He directed Ghost Protocol, though.

Any director can have a stinker, but his track record aside from Tomorrowland is good.

I find it hard to believe that a big studio like WB doesn't have a go-to director for lighthearted or kids movies.

There are some directors I would like to see CBM from, but they'll never do it.

Innaritu + Emmanuel Lubezki,
David Fincher,
Martin Scorsese,
Nicolas Winding Refn and
Quentin Tarantino.

Btw. Has Blomkamp shown any interest?

Ninjimbo

His Alien movie got cancelled right? I imagine the dude has to redeem himself somewhat after Elysium and Chappie got mixed receptions. I'd give him the Cyborg movie.

I want one of the Pixar guys like Andrew Stanton or Brad Bird to do the Flash movie. Only in my dreams is it possible.

David Fincher,
Martin Scorsese,
Nicolas Winding Refn and
Quentin Tarantino.

Ugh, no blomkamp plox

How great would a Tarantino directed Hitman be?

(No, not the game, you philistines)

a916

David Fincher,
Martin Scorsese,
Nicolas Winding Refn and
Quentin Tarantino.

Scorsese doing a Batman movie... oh god. Or Green Arrow.

Well it was announced with his role that it was 2019 film?

I don't know why so far down the road, but it's not like they are making him pick other movies that keep pushing this back

That's the thing I'm having an issue with... why is he so far back? Before this was even announced we knew The Rock was playing Black Adam, and they put like 4-5 movies in between the Black Adam movie. They could've done a solo Shazam movie that was light hearted as a MOS sequel or something. Feels really weird they have this guy sitting on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom