• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
With a certain character recently meeting their demise on a popular CW show, I guess it sort of lends some plausibility to a Birds of Prey movie somewhere down the line. I mean, if we are following the pattern of TV versions of characters being taken out of the picture to be introduced on the big screen.

a916

This is a novel idea... but that script should be 2.5 hours long.

They should not record 4 hours of the Justice league and hack away until you get to a number you desire. That's how you end up with a to lot pacing and loose plot issues that go nowhere because you cut away a scene it needed.

It's also cheaper...which the studios would listen to for sure.

If the movie needs more, schedule re-shoots like every other film and add additional stuff if something needs to be fleshed out.

IconGrist

I think I'm going to go into JL knowing as little as possible. I went into MoS and BvS knowing everything so I want to try knowing nothing this go around.

guek

Banned
I think I'm going to go into JL knowing as little as possible. I went into MoS and BvS knowing everything so I want to try knowing nothing this go around.

IUjaKjjPPbGaQ.gif

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Nah that's but one of the 73 dream sequences. At least, you're conditioned to believe they're dreams. Then boom. Multiverse reveal at the end with Bat-mite pulling the strings.

You know how you have bad dreams after eating spicy food?

After credits scene of JL: Shot of Christian Bale waking up screaming. All of it was just a dream; Superman, Batfleck, WW etc. He sighs, kisses Anne Hathaway on the cheek and walks down to get the newspaper. Headline: Nightwing is dead. Because JGL sucks and he never had the training.

Some Joker imposter is running around Gotham fucking things up. Has Damaged tatted on his forehead. Baleman must return and save his city once again. Boom, start of Phase 2.

After credits scene of JL: Shot of Christian Bale waking up screaming. All of it was just a dream; Superman, Batfleck, WW etc. He sighs, kisses Anne Hathaway on the cheek and walks down to get the newspaper. Headline: Nightwing is dead. Because JGL sucks and he never had the training.

Some Joker imposter is running around Gotham fucking things up. Has Damaged tatted on his forehead. Baleman must return and save his city once again. Boom, start of Phase 2.

You know, that wasn't far off from my idea for a fourth Nolan Batman film. JGL takes up the mantle but dies almost immediately, Baleman sees it on the news and realizes Batman will forever be apart of him and returns to Gotham. Bale is never mentioned as being part of the production, not listed in any of the promotional material, all of his scenes are done on sound stages, etc.

WhiteWolf

Replace Joker imposter with Batman imposter who brands criminals. The movie would be 5 minutes long (Batfleck destroys Baleman in seconds).

Ashhong

With a certain character recently meeting their demise on a popular CW show, I guess it sort of lends some plausibility to a Birds of Prey movie somewhere down the line. I mean, if we are following the pattern of TV versions of characters being taken out of the picture to be introduced on the big screen.

Man...this kind of still spoils the death lol

On Shazam, someone floated to me idea that saying magic word turns your body into young version of the Wizard just so The Rock could play both Billy and Adam.

Thats dumb enough to work. I still stand by my Alan Ritchson casting though.

I doubt it's perm.

Umberto has been hinting at a major hero getting casted and announced at Hall H this year.

I don't know if Marvel plans on showing this year or not (they can promote Spiderman and Thor 3), but I assume from their side it would be Captain Marvel (which I think has almost zero development on it at this point). DC still has to cast Shazam and GL, of the two I would think GL would be more likely but Shazam still has potential to show up in JL seeing as how his movie takes place between JL 1 & 2.

Dafoe is the Wizard, believe!

tim1138

...are they bringing him back?

hope it was just a temp

I doubt it's perm.

Umberto has been hinting at a major hero getting casted and announced at Hall H this year.

I don't know if Marvel plans on showing this year or not (they can promote Spiderman and Thor 3), but I assume from their side it would be Captain Marvel (which I think has almost zero development on it at this point). DC still has to cast Shazam and GL, of the two I would think GL would be more likely but Shazam still has potential to show up in JL seeing as how his movie takes place between JL 1 & 2.

It's just a couple weeks off, no perm.

I could buy Dafoe as the wizard, he's suitably weird and creepy enough for the role

a916

I doubt it's perm.

With D23, I don't think Marvel is showing up at Comic Con. Sony/Fox will probably but not Marvel. Could be Cable?

With D23, I don't think Marvel is showing up at Comic Con. Sony/Fox will probably but not Marvel. Could be Cable?

Cable is possible but I don't think most people consider him Major.

No D23 this year, so I'm guessing marvel will be at SDCC? Though I think it's Sony's job to promote Spiderman right?

a916

Slightly OT... okay maybe massively OT...

I've managed to swing a home theatre in my new house, and because of how much I love DC, it will have a subtle DC twist to it. The speakers will be hidden behind the screen and inside columns and everything will be built from scratch. I have the surrounds/mains built ready to be painted however I have a nerdy idea.

The towers will be matte black and I thought, wouldn't it be cool to have the DC trinity on the mains (LCR) and have them be painted gold. Gold looks like nice but some of the logos (Superman/WonderWoman) shine with two tone. So I'm thinking glossy black while the inside of the S is gold sitting on top of the matte black speaker. Something no one will see until I hit the lights behind the screen to show them off.

So the question is, accent color is gold, what should be the glossy color to go with matte black speakers?

MisterHero

I enjoy some of Marvel's movies, their fun and entertaining, but I'm starting to dislike how copy and paste each one is.
lol I don't need to bring up Marvel to say humor-driven comic book movies are a little overdone to me. Cartoon Network has beaten goofy DC into the ground. Teen Titans Go! every other day and Lego Batman movie repeats every other week.

They're making a Lego Batman movie for theatres? Oh, okay.

lol I don't need to bring up Marvel to say humor-driven comic book movies are a little overdone to me. Cartoon Network has beaten goofy DC into the ground. Teen Titans Go! every other day and Lego Batman movie repeats every other week.

They're making a Lego Batman movie for theatres? Oh, okay

Hey now, I am jazzed as hell for this.

MisterHero

Hey now, I am jazzed as hell for this.
I am too, but it just seems more to me that comedy is an easy way out these days.

To be honest I completely forgot the live shows when I made that statement. Supergirl's alright and I haven't watched The Flash. Don't have a lot of time for all these comic book shows. :p

Cartoon Network's still hitting that well pretty hard though.

I am too, but it just seems more to me that comedy is an easy way out these days.

To be honest I completely forgot the live shows when I made that statement. Supergirl's alright and I haven't watched The Flash. Don't have a lot of time for all these comic book shows. :p

Cartoon Network's still hitting that well pretty hard though

Yes and no. The complete implosion of DC Nation was disappointing, and not just because of Teen Titans Go (fun but nothing close to the OG) and Young Justice (fans will never get over it). It was suppose to be this awesome black that WB and DC could use to highlight the DC Universe past just the well known heroes. I loved all the shorts they did, and all the different artstyles. I think DC knows what they want to do, but WB are the clueless ones.

just saw BvS. My thoughts:

Story seemed good but was hidden away in too much filler. Felt they were jumping around too much. Too much explosions and CG too. Need to cut back on the effects. Superman was too gloomy and batman looked stupid with a gun. I think i get where they were going:
Superman is overwhelmed and demoralised from being a superhero. Batman reached his breaking point. As they mentioned the branding was fairly recent (after wayne towers got destroyed). Lex mind fucked the shit out of him. I think going forward, if supes comes back, he will be a more focused superhero and batman will have regained his trust in humanity and the goodness of people. and definitely darkseid has control or contacted Lex.

Liked batman, wonderwoman was good, alfred was awesome. Lex wasnt typical Lex but did his part. Movie would have been good if the story was more focused and if they cut down on the explosions
rate: 7/10

IconGrist

just saw BvS. My thoughts:

Story seemed good but was hidden away in too much filler. Felt they were jumping around too much. Too much explosions and CG too. Need to cut back on the effects. Superman was too gloomy and batman looked stupid with a gun. I think i get where they were going:
Superman is overwhelmed and demoralised from being a superhero. Batman reached his breaking point. As they mentioned the branding was fairly recent (after wayne towers got destroyed). Lex mind fucked the shit out of him. I think going forward, if supes comes back, he will be a more focused superhero and batman will have regained his trust in humanity and the goodness of people. and definitely darkseid has control or contacted Lex.

Liked batman, wonderwoman was good, alfred was awesome. Lex wasnt typical Lex but did his part. Movie would have been good if the story was more focused and if they cut down on the explosions
rate: 7/10

Sort of the problem with Batman v Superman is it was going great and then a couple hours in forgot it was supposed to be a comic book movie and started being ridiculous like a comic book can be.

Firemind

I don't really have any desire to watch the Lego Batman movie. The Lego movie was just okay. It wasn't that funny. Plot twist was clever though.

If there's one thing I want Snyder to make amends on with Justice League, it's an attempt to actually make these characters, well, likeable, and relatable. It's hard to root for characters that try to spin some tenth-grade philosophical pontifications in each of their lines, sounding unnatural and forced as all hell. You don't need quips, just give us moments of levity that show why these heroes are the good guys. Make them sound like actual people. The Daily Planet dudes should have been Clark's brighter side of life, where you see more of him being human and giving him a reason to fight. That way, they're actually heroes and not people who destroy city blocks en masse when the occasion calls for it.

Like, the "this means something to people, it's all that gives them hope" quote - this is more a tell and not show approach where we're told people love and support Superman, yet in the montage where he saves people, he comes off as weirdly apprehensive and uncomfortable with the whole 'saving people' thing. That cheapens and devalues his timely death and people mourning for him.

If there's one thing I want Snyder to make amends on with Justice League, it's an attempt to actually make these characters, well, likeable, and relatable. It's hard to root for characters that try to spin some tenth-grade philosophical pontifications in each of their lines, sounding unnatural and forced as all hell. You don't need quips, just give us moments of levity that show why these heroes are the good guys. Make them sound like actual people. The Daily Planet dudes should have been Clark's brighter side of life, where you see more of him being human and giving him a reason to fight. That way, they're actually heroes and not people who destroy city blocks en masse when the occasion calls for it.

Like, the "this means something to people, it's all that gives them hope" quote - this is more a tell and not show approach where we're told people love and support Superman, yet in the montage where he saves people, he comes off as weirdly apprehensive and uncomfortable with the whole 'saving people' thing. That cheapens and devalues his timely death and people mourning for him.

Don't know about you but I found Supes plenty relatable. But that may just may be my depression and endless feeling that all of my work amounts to nothing.

BadAss2961

I agree about Clark at the Daily Planet.

Regarding Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, Snyder sees them as gods. He seems to like that approach. You can make them likeable with that take, but I don't know think he's as interested in making them relatable. Aquaman will probably get the same treatment, while Flash and Cyborg will definitely be the more relatable kind.

Though with the filmmaker-driven universe they've promised, different writers and directors should have the freedom to explore their preferred sides of the characters. This as opposed to the showrunner effect where characters tones and their range remain the same no matter who's directing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom