• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in the trailer thread said that The Accountant was bad. But then again, so many people on here said Batman v Superman was great before the reviews rolled in.

shingi70

Banned
CicPMy3WEAIhtiN.jpg

Loxley

I just realized that the director for Black Panther is better than any director WB has for the DC films.....what the fuck.

Affleck, Patty Jenkins and David Ayer are all excellent filmmakers. Coogler has a great style, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it'll come through with Black Panther given how much oversight Disney/Marvel has on the films. It's something of a miracle that Iron Man 3 even felt vaguely like a Shane Black movie given the spit-shine polish look and feel that the MCU films have across the board.

That's not to say I don't think Black Panther will be good, I'm sure it will be, but Coogler is young guy and I highly doubt he'll just be given complete creative autonomy with the film. Hell Whedon wasn't with AOU and that was after he'd just made Disney $1.5 billion with the first Avengers film.

Affleck's directing trajectory is interesting in the sense that each subsequent film appeals to a wider audience. But to my taste, they get less interesting. Live By Night is another Lehane adaptation and we'll see how it goes.

Yeah. He peaked with gone baby gone imo. Smart move going with his brother as the lead too. Loved that movie

Chris Evans auditioned for it, and although he's likeable thank God he didn't get the part. Casey was a damn beast in 2007. I hear this new movie he has coming up will get him some noms too.

As for affleck he's a pretty good director. I don't care much for all his movies but between him bigging up what Nolan did with Batman and bens competence with storytelling I think we'll get a pretty dope batman movie. Fight scenes should be lit too assuming he takes from snyder

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah. He peaked with gone baby gone imo. Smart move going with his brother as the lead too. Loved that movie

Chris Evans auditioned for it, and although he's likeable thank God he didn't get the part. Casey was a damn beast in 2007. I hear this new movie he has coming up will get him some noms too.

As for affleck he's a pretty good director. I don't care much for all his movies but between him bigging up what Nolan did with Batman and bens competence with storytelling I think we'll get a pretty dope batman movie. Fight scenes should be lit too assuming he takes from snyder

I really like Casey Affleck as well. He was great in the recent Triple 9.

And Ben is an awesome director, I just rewatched The Town just days ago, still really enjoyed it.

KonradLaw

Gone Baby Gone had amazing source material to draw from. In fact, I thought it was the best movie of 2007, yeah, better than No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood.

SJRB

Gold Member
I wonder why Johnny Depp still hasn't done a CBM villain. He was rumoured for Doctor Strange though.

I guess because he's a one-trick pony at this point. Every non-wacky movie he's done has pretty much bombed.

That said, he would make for a neat Riddler.

I guess because he's a one-trick pony at this point. Every non-wacky movie he's done has pretty much bombed.

he basically signs onto literally any movie that will pony up the cash for him (or as a favor for a friend). so yeah a lot of garbage movies.

but dude was scary as hell in Black Mass. Still got it. would have preferred him as Strange over Cumberbatch tbh.

SJRB

Gold Member
Was browsing for BvS wallpapers and randomly stumbled upon this shot:

6PItKLB.jpg

This looks fucking awesome, why wasn't this in the movie?

Boke1879

NOt saying that guy doesn't know anything, but his twitter account isn't really reflective of someone who is "in the know"

Also if SS is a mess don't you think we would have heard it from other sources by now?

Even if it is a mess I can't stand tweets like that. It's literally a drive by shit post. I'd love for him to expand on how or why it's a mess.

It's really not though. It's just there to start shit.

I think so too, but it's still pretty damn creative tho. Props to that member whoever made the gif.

Anyway, it's been one year since Fury Road released. The only reason I still have hope in WB. Gonna rewatch again soon, after I'm done with my finals.

Guys don't worry about that Tweet at all lol

It went up a few days ago, and the guy was from shmoeknows (I think thats what its called)

he later clarified his comments on, I think it was either a screen junkies or a collider thing.

Basically, his 'contact' said that you need to lower your expectations because Suicide Squad is basically just Fury with Superheroes.

Naturally your response is going to be, 'what? That sounds awesome!'

So yeah, dont take it too seriously

strafer

Guys don't worry about that Tweet at all lol

It went up a few days ago, and the guy was from shmoeknows (I think thats what its called)

he later clarified his comments on, I think it was either a screen junkies or a collider thing.

Basically, his 'contact' said that you need to lower your expectations because Suicide Squad is basically just Fury with Superheroes.

Naturally your response is going to be, 'what? That sounds awesome!'

So yeah, dont take it too seriously

Im okay with that. Fury is awesome.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So clickbait tweet; it sucks! Lol, the responses are kinda amazing.

On another note, just a quick question: Rachel McAdams or Eva Mendes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom