• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteWolf

Guys don't worry about that Tweet at all lol

It went up a few days ago, and the guy was from shmoeknows (I think thats what its called)

he later clarified his comments on, I think it was either a screen junkies or a collider thing.

Basically, his 'contact' said that you need to lower your expectations because Suicide Squad is basically just Fury with Superheroes.

Naturally your response is going to be, 'what? That sounds awesome!'

So yeah, dont take it too seriously
Shmoes know? God, all these YouTube shows and their "scoops"...

SJRB

Gold Member
So clickbait tweet; it sucks! Lol, the responses are kinda amazing.

On another note, just a quick question: Rachel McAdams or Eva Mendes?

Both..?

But only if McAdams cosplays as Supergirl, and Mendes cosplays as Catwoman.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
They're just bitter Civil War is flopping hard. And the hilarious thing is that it's flopping solely on the net, where fans hyped it up to be Avengers-like success. :D

Don't do this.

Anyway, we kinda slacked with BvS regarding our own fake script. Let's make one after Suicide Squad hits. The key is to take every interview/news into account and reference the movies pre JL (like Wonder Woman) to look believable.

I hope Suicide Squad is sufficiently bizarre and fun. The worst thing that this movie could be is boring but ok. I want either a crazier Guardians of the Galaxy success or a Batman and Robin tier psychedelic disaster.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Suicide Squad is sufficiently bizarre and fun. The worst thing that this movie could be is boring but ok. I want either a crazier Guardians of the Galaxy success or a Batman and Robin tier psychedelic disaster.

Dunno about financial success, but I hope it's at least better than Gotg. Ugh, that movie was just horrible.

SJRB

Gold Member
I absolutely do not mind in the slightest that Civil War is doing better than BvS, but the relentless Marvel circlejerking here on Gaf is becoming increasingly annoying to the point that it by association makes me hate Marvel.

That BO thread is just beyond irritating to read. Imagine people doing that over at the Gaming side, they'd be banned in no time.

They're just bitter Civil War is flopping hard. And the hilarious thing is that it's flopping solely on the net, where fans hyped it up to be Avengers-like success. :D

Huh? Why even bother.

Yeah best case it'll be like Guardians of the Galaxy fun. Do we know if it'll use any of the songs from the trailers in the movie?

Corpsepyre

Banned

I want it to be a fun flick, with good acting and dialogues too. What I heard in the trailers was downright cringeworthy at times, especially the last trailer. Seems like it's going to be heavy on the quips and humour. Hoping they atleast dispense with the Downey Humour, if it has that. I don't like that brand of humour at all, plus they'll be labelled copycats by the public.

Oh my god there's a MoS thread on the front page.

it never endssssssss

BvS and MoS will be the most talked about CBMs for a while, the former because of the completely unexpected way it cratered, and the latter because it's legitimately divisive.

Kind of expecting SS to just come and go as an enjoyable movie. Doesn't seem like anything in particular will stand out except for Leto's performance.

SJRB

Gold Member

it never endssssssss

I like how the arguments never get beyond "but but but collateral damage".

Perhaps BvS should've shown a scene where some government guy states that only 700 people or so died, because apparantly that way you can get away with destroying half of New York, Washington or whatever the fuck that Eastern European country was.

bryanee

it never endssssssss

lol I saw that thread title and my immediate response was

giphy.gif

I like how the arguments never get beyond "but but but collateral damage".

Perhaps BvS should've shown a scene where some government guy states that only 700 people or so died, because apparantly that way you can get away with destroying half of New York, Washington or whatever the fuck that Eastern European country was.

Yeah, people should be focusing more about how boring the final fight was and how lame Clark is the whole movie, as opposed to the collateral damage.

Those were way worse flaws, IMO. Was dozing off during the Metropolis fight, seriously.

IconGrist

I'm not arguing about MoS anymore but I do find it amusing how someone's dislike of a movie changes what actually happened in the movie. "Did you not watch BvS? They showed Superman basically speared Zod into a building with all those people."

In reality Superman got knocked into the building but sure. Tell me more about how I should watch.

Dead

well not really...yet
I'm not arguing about MoS anymore but I do find it amusing how someone's dislike of a movie changes what actually happened in the movie. "Did you not watch BvS? They showed Superman basically speared Zod into a building with all those people."

In reality Superman got knocked into the building but sure. Tell me more about how I should watch.
The psychosis surrounding people's perception of the movie is fascinating. The fact they literally warp what CLEARLY happens on screen in order to fit the supposed criticisms is amazing.

One thing that fanboys can't argue is that the last three years for CBMs have been so very interesting.

This is the Golden Age without a doubt. In fifty years people will be missing even BvS.

On the earlier Suicide Squad talk, I'm all for a fun film but my hope is they don't suger coat how these are bad people. Humanizing and making them relatable is fine, so long as it's clear, you know, Deadshot kills people for money. And the Harley/Joker relationship is the toughest to balance.

shingi70

Banned
You already know the Joker is going to slap the shit out of the Harley, making people real uncortable and leave the theatre.

It's funny my girlfriend loves Harley Quinn but would never want to do a couple cosplay since she hates the Joker as he relates to Harley with the domestic issues.

You already know the Joker is going to slap the shit out of the Joker, making people real uncortable and leave the theatre.

It's funny my girlfriend loves Harley Quinn but would never want to do a couple cosplay since she hates the Joker as he relates to Harley with the domestic issues.

You could always dress up as Ivy I guess.

SJRB

Gold Member
The psychosis surrounding people's perception of the movie is fascinating. The fact they literally warp what CLEARLY happens on screen in order to fit the supposed criticisms is amazing.

"Superman is an asshole because this and that"
"...that didn't even happen in the movie"
"Really? It's been forever since I saw it. Well whatever, Superman is still an asshole and the movie still sucks anyway. Also fuck Snyder"

Effect

I hate these MoS threads. I tell myself don't post anything but I hate seeing outright misinformation and even lies going unchallenged at times.

On the earlier Suicide Squad talk, I'm all for a fun film but my hope is they don't suger coat how these are bad people. Humanizing and making them relatable is fine, so long as it's clear, you know, Deadshot kills people for money. And the Harley/Joker relationship is the toughest to balance.

Yeah they better not tiptoe around how fucked up Harleys backstory really is. Poster child for manipulated and abused woman and now we got little girls cosplaying as her lmao.

Joker is the most electrifying character in comic book movie history. If Leto does his job right then suicide squad should be fine

IconGrist

I hate these MoS threads. I tell myself don't post anything but I hate seeing outright misinformation and even lies going unchallenged at times.

I went in there to see what was going down. At the very least it's good for a quick laugh at how both sides can be a little ridiculous and yea, I see that too. Blatant misinformation. I nearly quoted a post and went for it and then stopped myself.

It's one thing to dislike the movie or even outright hate it, I don't care about that, I'm sure I hate movies other people love too, but I don't go around making shit up.

Yeah they better not tiptoe around how fucked up Harleys backstory really is. Poster child for manipulated and abused woman and now we got little girls cosplaying as her lmao.

Joker is the most electrifying character in comic book movie history. If Leto does his job right then suicide squad should be fine

I will be massively disappointed if they soften her origin. I'm cool with the female empowerment angle as it applies to her breaking free from Joker but she's still a murderous psychopath at the end of the day.

So to take our minds of the most recent Man of Steel thread.

I just had this thought.

What if

willem-dafoe-net-worth.jpg
=
latest

and for most of the movie Spectre takes Clark on a Sojourn and offering him the choice of staying dead, and showing him the future and that while bleak, the world and humanity will survive. Or going back, making the future brighter, but that his life would end lonely as he will outlive all of his, present and future, friends and loved ones.

shingi70

Banned
I was thinking he was high father but isn't the rumor he's an Aquaman character.

I really wonder how Justice League will handle setting up the bad guy, introducing and getting the the league together, and brining back Superman all in one film.

IconGrist

I'm hoping for Dafoe to be either Manhunter or Spectre. I think Manhunter is more likely. Spectre seems like way too much to deal with in these movies. Realistically I don't think he's either character.

ryan299

I'm curious to hear why everybody thinks of Civil War's domestic box office performance thus far. Only a 179 OW, while really good, many considered 200+ to be a lock.

At the moment it's only predicted to make 425 domestically. Down from 459 of Ultron and the 623 of Avengers. Seems like the first one was the outlier.

CW is being received much better than Ultron, and although it's a Cap movie in name, the marketing made it clear that it's an Avengers film.

Think it's superhero fatigue? I've seen the lackluster reception of BvS used as an excuse, as well as CW just being another hero vs hero fight. Could it be people have just grown tired of the Marvel formula?

Not trying to start a war, I think it's an interesting topic to discuss with so many more films on the way.

It's not superhero fatigue. Avengers and Iron Man are the biggest marvel brands. Cap isn't though this one propelled it by including the avengers. That's about it.

Justice League I think will do around 800+. I don't really see anything hitting the billion dollar mark out of dc until batman

I'm curious to hear why everybody thinks of Civil War's domestic box office performance thus far. Only a 179 OW, while really good, many considered 200+ to be a lock.

At the moment it's only predicted to make 425 domestically. Down from 459 of Ultron and the 623 of Avengers. Seems like the first one was the outlier.

CW is being received much better than Ultron, and although it's a Cap movie in name, the marketing made it clear that it's an Avengers film.

Think it's superhero fatigue? I've seen the lackluster reception of BvS used as an excuse, as well as CW just being another hero vs hero fight. Could it be people have just grown tired of the Marvel formula?

Not trying to start a war, I think it's an interesting topic to discuss with so many more films on the way.

I only want to watch it for Spiderman, I have actually grown tired of the Marvel Formula. I haven't much non of their movies for a while now since I keep hearing its the same. I also really love watching comic book movies for the Villains and the only Marvel Villain I've liked was Obadiah.

If Suicide Squad sucks, I think my time with Superhero movies at the theater is over. BvS was already a disappointment for me

It's surprising because you got Spider-Man in there. Maybe the Captain America name is slowing it down. Maybe the lack of Hulk. From what I gather it's heading for Iron Man 3 numbers, which I believed to be the floor of what it'd make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom