• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have serious concerns about the BO and critical reception of this film as well. Compare the trailers of this to that of MoS and you'll realise that it seems to lack any substance. Is this a glorified 2 hour fist-fight? Where is the story? The plot? The characters?

The trailers of MoS ended up not representing the movie.

Just saw Deadpool, I'd say that the biggest potential threat it represents to MoS is killing the notion parents had that superhero == family friendly. Whole gaggle of kids in the theater at the start of that movie, none of them by the end :p

So Mattel is actually making mass release figures for Suicide Squad.
Some thought they'd pass considering its likely pushing PG-13
TF-2016-Mattel-DC-Multiverse-001.jpg
TF-2016-Mattel-DC-Multiverse-005.jpg

TF-2016-Mattel-DC-Multiverse-007.jpg
TF-2016-Mattel-DC-Multiverse-008.jpg

TF-2016-Mattel-DC-Multiverse-011.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how the schedule develops as what works and what doesn't shake out. Outside of the where are the next solo Batman and Superman films, keep hearing about Justice League Dark and it can be a great addition to 2018.

On the 2018 lineup, I'm wondering what's up with the The Flash. It's months ahead of Aquaman, yet I don't get the sense we know as much about it. Aquaman has a director, screenwriters, strong rumors of Mera casting. The Flash initially had Lord&Miller writing a treatment, who seemingly left the project for Han Solo. Months ago we had rumors of a first time director coming on.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
DC Comics Multiverse? That's the official branding for the TV shows and the Movies?

DC Comics Multiverse? That's the official branding for the TV shows and the Movies?

It's Mattel's equivalent of Hasbro's Marvel Legends. It's a catch-all series of detailed and highly poseable 6" figures for adult collectors based on all DC properties for $20. It was originally a 4" series for $15 based only on video games and movies, but now there's also TV and comic figures.

guek

Banned
Just saw Deadpool, I'd say that the biggest potential threat it represents to MoS is killing the notion parents had that superhero == family friendly.

I doubt it since the preconceived notions around the well known Superman and Batman characters are likely to maintain precedence.

Mariolee

Damn, beat me to it! I should have posted here first instead of in the action figure thread. Hah.

More pictures here, by the way: http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/14/toy-fair-2016-mattel-dc-comics-figures-195137

There's also a new Lex Luthor figure in there which might be considered a spoiler.

Eh, in my opinion not really that surprising considering that's what people figured he was wearing when they released this first pic of him. It really does show that if it's substantial enough to release an action figure of then there really is a lot we have not seen of BvS.

For the figures, it started out as a 3.75 line
DC-Multiverse-Penguin-22.jpg

Was all Arkham games, Batman 89 & Returns and Superman the movie.

Now its 6" and has Batman v Superman, Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and comic figures.

Damn, beat me to it! I should have posted here first instead of in the action figure thread. Hah.

More pictures here, by the way: http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/14/toy-fair-2016-mattel-dc-comics-figures-195137

There's also a new Lex Luthor figure in there which might be considered a spoiler.

I just started thinking, all of the Multiverse figures have a build-a-figure
BvS is a Grapnel gun replica.
Tv/comics w1 is the Justice Buster Armor.
tv/comics w2 is likely that Doomsday.

What will Suicide Squad's be?

I just started thinking, all of the Multiverse figures have a build-a-figure
BvS is a Grapnel gun replica.
Tv/comics w1 is the Justice Buster Armor.
tv/comics w2 is likely that Doomsday.

What will Suicide Squad's be?

The 30th anniversary Dark Knight Returns figures don't have any build-a-figure stuff, so it might not be part of every wave they do. Though, those are Walmart exclusive figures.

I'm wondering where the Harley Quinn and El Diablo Suicide Squad figures from Mattel are. You'd think Harley would be part of the first wave. Some people think they might be missing at the moment because of the DC Collectibles line, which so far only has those two announced. Harley was one of the ones I wanted most, along with Katana and Deadshot.

guek

Banned
This should be starting now. My younger brother is using my TV (as always...) to watch the Nightly Show on Xbox One at the moment, so I haven't been able to see if anything is happening yet.

Edit: Tuned it, nothing yet, but they showed them before the commercial break.

They should go out and play a short friendly game of 1on1 at half time

BadAss2961

I thought the interview was funny. Former NBA players interviewing Batman and Superman is awkward and hilarious.
I was disappointed that there was no Steel joke.

And right on cue, this is what Warner was waiting for to release the trailer themselves. Some good downloads should be coming soon.

IconGrist

So, regarding that pic...
he definitely grows bones doesn't he? lol... can't wait to see so many people crow on that.

People are so damn impatient and think they know everything. Like Snyder doesn't know what the hell he's doing. You don't have to like the guy's style but he's not an idiot.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

BadAss2961

Holy crap... are these dudes this terrible when it comes to interviewing basketball players too? Cavill and Affleck do a good job trying to wade through some terrible questions and hosting.
It's all good. Shaq, Chuck, and Kenny are just retired players having fun on set. Their show is about 75% comedy, 25% basketball analysis. I'm sure they did zero homework in prepping for this interview.

New spot just aired on TNT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom