• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewatching arrow season one with my brother (his first time). I forgot how great Manu Bennett is. I'd love to see him in the DCEU, even if not
Deathstroke

BadAss2961

a916

Damn, that is one lengthy article. Read through the first page to find out that it's just 1 of 4. Some good stuff though.

All this drama has to lead to a massive opening weekend. Even for those ready to hate BvS, anticipation to do so is ridiculously high. If it gets good word of mouth then hold onto your butts.

Wait what?! There's 4 pages?! LOL, I read the first and was like, great story, odd way to end it.

I still say moving to open world for City and onwards was a mistake, IMO. It'd be great for, like, a batman simulator, where there's a long period of time and a lot of differen story stuff going on, but for the kinds of stories Rockstar is telling, it just stretches things out.

Just got these.
BbWGlXT.jpg

h6IBR4H.jpg

Look, I have no problem with Doritos, but you cannot convince me that Dr. Pepper does not taste like the cough syrup my mom made me gag down when I was 5.

Effect

Could be to show him being in the air. Depending on how you angle the camera it will seem like he's flying down to them and they're looking up at him as he's coming down. While in reality every one is on the same level. Movie magic.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It's pretty clear from those prequel comics that flying around saving people is something he's made a habit of since MoS. Probably getting a montage to that effect somewhere in the movie.
Apparently the movie deals with the ramfications of Supes
intervening on international matters and the political consequences of that. The Senate hearing in the movie is because he went to Russia to prevent some astronauts or whatever from getting killed by a rocket that was about to explode. That shot used in the trailers with him carrying a part of the rocket before it explodes it's from that scene.

Apparently the movie deals with the ramfications of Supes
intervening on international matters and the political consequences of that. The Senate hearing in the movie is because he went to Russia to prevent some astronauts or whatever from getting killed by a rocket that was about to explode. That shot used in the trailers with him carrying a part of the rocket before it explodes it's from that scene.

Makes sense. I'd wager that
Luthor talking to Finch about the greatest lie in America is him convincing her to hold the hearing.

Currently holidaying in the Philippines, the SM Mall has batman vs Superman display with statues, bat signal, and promotional items. The toys looked great. Picked up a bvs shirt and arkham night batman logo shirt.

Took a few pics, will upload later when on a PC. Promotions for the movie are ace!

Gleethor

I thought it was going to be a boring night at work tonight, when suddenly Michael Uslan appeared! He's teaching at my local university and stopped by for a drink tonight so some of the employees got to chat him up. Had some good things to say about Affleck's Batman and was a really nice dude.

Jesse Eisenberg and Mads Mikkelson were also spotted here recently, in semi-related news.

a916

Just came back from Deadpool, you're up next Batman V Superman... we're so close!

On a side note... they gave away way too much of the movie in the trailers... (didn't stop me from enjoying it though, but the jokes lacked punch because you knew half of them going in and the entire plot, beat by beat, is shown in the trailers)

Just came back from Deadpool, you're up next Batman V Superman... we're so close!

On a side note... they gave away way too much of the movie in the trailers... (didn't stop me from enjoying it though, but the jokes lacked punch because you knew half of them going in and the entire plot, beat by beat, is shown in the trailers)
I mean, Deadpool lives off his jokes. The action was light and the plot mediocre.

Penguin

I don't know how people can look at this and not tell that Marvel's movies just don't have this level of cinematography going on. The closest was the first Thor movie which at times was fuckin gorgeous.

Let's not bring that up

Come on, we can do no random internet person rambling and random Marvel bashing for a month!

BadAss2961

Let's not bring that up

Come on, we can do no random internet person rambling and random Marvel bashing for a month!
It really is on another level though. This is what 200M+ movies should look like.

I have no idea how each piece of filler from Marvel gets a pass.

guek

Banned
I don't know how people can look at this and not tell that Marvel's movies just don't have this level of cinematography going on. The closest was the first Thor movie which at times was fuckin gorgeous.

I'd argue the prettiest marvel movie is Guardians and it easily stands up to everything we've seen from BvS. The biggest issue with most of Marvel's movies is how they tend to use static over the shoulder shots for dialogue. It's a staple technique for a reason and everyone does it but it's become quite boring.

The batmobile shot is quite good but I don't know see what puts it so far above typical comicbook movie shots aside from an abundance of lense flares and dim lighting. Snyder has a great eye for dynamic shots though so I expect the movie as a whole to continue to look nice and pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom