• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

Today's viewing schedule

CczBDcsWEAAzhjN.jpg

A bunch of DC Blu-Rays are on sale from Best Buy starting at $6.99 with $8.00 towards Batman v. Superman.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8523437-sel...r-batman-vs-superman-from-7-free-store-pickup

Watchmen (Director's Cut) Steelbook: $6.99
The Dark Knight: $6.99
Batman Begins: $6.99
The Dark Knight Rises: $8.99
Batman: Assault on Arkham: $8.99
Man of Steel: $8.99
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis: $8.99
Son of Batman: $8.99
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies: $8.99
Batman vs. Robin: $8.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: $11.99
Arrow: The Complete First Season: $14.99 (In store only)
Arrow: The Complete Second Season: $14.99 (In store only)
Arrow: The Complete Third Season: $14.99 (In Store Only)
The Flash: The Complete First Season: $14.99 (In Store Only)
Gotham: The Complete First Season: $14.99 (In Store Only)

ryan299

Boxoffice.com raised their projections

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Mar 25, 2016 Warner Bros. $159,000,000 $390,000,000

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
That beef with JGL and New Line doesn't bode well for Shazam if New Line likes to interfere.

WB will probably take over that, no way they let The Rock walk out after securing him.

And Shazam is part of the DCEU, going by the EW article.

That beef with JGL and New Line doesn't bode well for Shazam if New Line likes to interfere.

Yeah I'm concerned as well, but I think the big difference is it's a co production with WB instead of just being a complete New Line project like Sandman is.

I'm expecting more news on that and GLC this SDCC. It seems right, considering we got details on Flash & Aquaman last year.

Penguin

I don't know why Sandman would worry you about Shazam yet, I mean we don't have a creative team or anything so if nothing else imagine New Line would probably line up people they get along with.

You gonna answer or what?

Is it a Superman film or Batman film?

You misunderstood me. I'm only interested in this film because of one character (Superman). This is a Superman film to me. You've been ardently following my posts here as of late, but if you had the same amount of zeal for the last few months, you would have picked up on my complaints -- shared by a few others here -- at just how Bat-centric these trailers have been. The "Batman movie" reference is therefore sarcasm on my part.

The fact that you have persistently quoted these two posts by me over the last few days as if to suggest that I'm purposefully looking for things to moan about just to undermine the film is embarrassing on your part.

Why do you think I have ignored you? Because you caught me at my game?

Christ, grow up.

I have genuine issues with the direction of this film and I find the insinuation that they are less than genuine to be frankly insulting. This "wait, didn't you say this was a Batman movie once lols" shitck you're on was boring to me, hence why I've not bothered to respond up until now.

To answer your question, this is a Superman film (to me). Couldn't care less about Batman. It's an odd question to even ask considering that those two posts that don't even contradict one another.

IconGrist

You misunderstood me. I'm only interested in this film because of one character (Superman). This is a Superman film to me. You've been ardently following my posts here as of late, but if you had the same amount of zeal for the last few months, you would have picked up on my complaints -- shared by a few others here -- at just how Bat-centric these trailers have been. The "Batman movie" reference is therefore sarcasm on my part.

The fact that you have persistently quoted these two posts by me over the last few days as if to suggest that I'm purposefully looking for things to moan about just to undermine the film is embarrassing on your part.

Christ, grow up.

I'm a Superman guy as well (and my post history would tell you Im not exactly Batman's biggest fan) and I don't share your opinion that the trailers have been Batman focused. I'd argue only the final trailer would qualify as such. The previous trailers have all focused on Superman or Superman's impact on the world with special attention to Lex and Bruce's perception of it. It's a Superman and Batman movie in the end so of course some attention will go to Batman.

People need to stop thinking of this as a Superman film with Batman or a Batman film with Superman. It's neither. It's a Batman AND Superman film.

Ashhong

Why do you choose to consider it a "Superman film"?

Edit: beaten

I have no dogs in any comic book fight. While yes, there is a lot of batman, specifically in the last trailer, I don't see it as a batman movie. It's just marketing

The three central characters are Lex, Superman and Batman.

It's not Man of Steel 2, but Lex & Doomsday are both Superman villains, and Lois seems to play a major part. The movie is also centered around the events of Man of Steel. So I'm really not concerned about Superman's role being downplayed.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Now it's the lack of yellow lol

You said colors, not just yellow.

Because I absolutely adore the portrayal of Superman by Donner and Christoper Reeve and was left upset by MoS's direction. I'm hoping I see something in this film of a Superman that I can recognise.
This is not Donner's Superman, that's just one interpretation of a character. If you can't keep an open mind about a different kind of Superman then, I don't know maybe it's not for you and I don't know why you keep bothering with this thread.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Christ, grow up.

I have genuine issues with the direction of this film and I find the insinuation that they are less than genuine to be frankly insulting. This "wait, didn't you say this was a Batman movie once lols" shitck you're on was boring to me, hence why I've not bothered to respond up until now.

To answer your question, this is a Superman film (to me). Couldn't care less about Batman. It's an odd question to even ask considering that those two posts that don't even contradict one another.

Haha, sure dude. Now it is suddenly sarcastic, while at the time you were being serious about Supes getting downplayed. So yes, those two posts do contradict each other.

Talking about growing up (where is the yellow!?), how about judging this Superman based on what he is and not what Reeve did? That very much sounds like 'not muh Superman', complaining about pretty much everything they've released so far and yet we should believe you'll go in with a clear mind and judge it based on what it is? Yeah no.

witness

Boxoffice.com raised their projections

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Mar 25, 2016 Warner Bros. $159,000,000 $390,000,000

It will keep going up as we get closer. I'm sticking with my AoU-JW OW range for now. I'm feeling the hype, these last couple of weeks need to hurry up. I'm playing through Arkham Knight again in the BvS costume and it looks great in the cinematics, though the voice throws me off lol

Boke1879

A bunch of DC Blu-Rays are on sale from Best Buy starting at $6.99 with $8.00 towards Batman v. Superman.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8523437-sel...r-batman-vs-superman-from-7-free-store-pickup

Watchmen (Director's Cut) Steelbook: $6.99
The Dark Knight: $6.99
Batman Begins: $6.99
The Dark Knight Rises: $8.99
Batman: Assault on Arkham: $8.99
Man of Steel: $8.99
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis: $8.99
Son of Batman: $8.99
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies: $8.99
Batman vs. Robin: $8.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: $11.99
Arrow: The Complete First Season: $14.99 (In store only)
Arrow: The Complete Second Season: $14.99 (In store only)
Arrow: The Complete Third Season: $14.99 (In Store Only)
The Flash: The Complete First Season: $14.99 (In Store Only)
Gotham: The Complete First Season: $14.99 (In Store Only)

Took advantage of this.

I was thinking about this but what if Death in the Family and the Killing joke happened the same night in this universe?

dude was a busy boy then. that could be possible, killed two birds with one stone (no pun intended)

i just wonder if it will be more than backstory, like would they consider bringing back jason todd/whoever as red hood for a batman movie.

Now it's the lack of yellow lol

You said colors, not just yellow.

It's almost as if my concern from the lack of colour in the suit (shown in footage and posters) isn't grounded from prior viewing experience of another recent film involving Superman and the same director. That can't be it.

Oh, I said "colour" and not specifically "yellow" therefore "ohh now its the lack of yellow lols" therefore all complaints are void.

If I give the impression of being unfairly critical of this film, then you and the guy with the anime avatar strike me as embarrassingly insecure about it if this is the type of rhetoric you use to rebuke others.

This is not Donner's Superman, that's just one interpretation of a character. If you can't keep an open mind about a different kind of Superman then, I don't know maybe it's not for you and I don't know why you keep bothering with this thread.

I'm not here for the thread; I'm here for the film, and this thread is the best place to find new content related to it.

And i understand Donner's vision is just one of many, but it's also one I share. I just hope there is something that I can identify about him in the new film.

It's almost as if my concern from the lack of colour in the suit (shown in footage and posters) isn't grounded from prior viewing experience of another recent film involving Superman and the same director. That can't be it.

Oh, I said "colour" and not specifically "yellow" therefore "ohh now its the lack of yellow lols" therefore all complaints are void.

If I give the impression of being unfairly critical of this film, then you and the guy with the anime avatar strike me as embarrassingly insecure about it if this is the type of rhetoric you use to rebuke others.

I'm not here for the thread; I'm here for the film, and this thread is the best place to find new content related to it.

And i understand Donner's vision is just one of many, but it's also one I share. I just hope there is something that I can identify about him in the new film.

But why is the lack of color or not so important? What difference does that make?

I dislike the DC animated movies from the Flashpoint Paradox onwards. I just don't like how bulky the male characters are.

JL: Crisis on Two Earths, JL: Doom, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse are my favourite animated films.

Anyways.

I'm so freaking excited for BVS ugh. I really hope it's good.

Neoxon

Justice League: Doom was fantastic, though I wish Aquaman & Hawkgirl were featured. Also, while Cyborg's voice actor in Doom was really damn good, I'm a bit attached to his Teen Titans/Injustice voice actor.

HBO also has the Dark Knight Returns, Red Hood, and Year One on demand for anyone craving DC cartoons. They used to have a few more but they must have disappeared when the month changed.

I dislike the DC animated movies from the Flashpoint Paradox onwards. I just don't like how bulky the male characters are.

JL: Crisis on Two Earths, JL: Doom, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse are my favourite animated films.

Anyways.

I'm so freaking excited for BVS ugh. I really hope it's good.

Crisis on Two Earths is up there for me. It balanced the vulnerability of Batman against superhumans without robbing him of bad-ass moments.

So I have started watching Lois and Clark in the last week, im 6 episodes in but holy shit this is my favorite Superman.
Kinda weird because compared to how well done the current shows are it should feel so bad but im enjoying it way more than Supergirl,current Arrow, etc.

I used to watch Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman a lot back in the day when it was first airing. Haven't seen it since then, though, I think. Been thinking about watching it again lately.

This is one of the few things I still remember clearly from it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Nov7vSkmU

Edit: The pilot is free to watch on Amazon.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to get confidence in this movie. Based on early buzz I think I will enjoy it tremendously.

Well, based on that one 'review' and the footage so far I'm also pretty sure it's right up my alley too. That being said, this film will also be just as divisive as MoS was. Critics and fans that is, afaik the GA enjoyed MoS and pretty sure they'll enjoy this one too.

Ashhong

Because I absolutely adore the portrayal of Superman by Donner and Christoper Reeve and was left upset by MoS's direction. I'm hoping I see something in this film of a Superman that I can recognise.

I get that, but it doesn't answer why you choose to see this movie as a Superman movie when it isn't. It's been clearly marketed as Batman and Superman, so to criticize the movie for not being what it never set out to be seems a little unfair.

Quick question from someone who is pretty much completely cluesless about Comics in general. Do I need to watch Justice League S1+2 before Justice League Unlimited. Because the Blu Ray for Unlimited Complete is pretty easy to get at a decent price where I live. Justice League S1+2 ... well, not so much.

Quick question from someone who is pretty much completely cluesless about Comics in general. Do I need to watch Justice League S1+2 before Justice League Unlimited. Because the Blu Ray for Unlimited Complete is pretty easy to get at a decent price where I live. Justice League S1+2 ... well, not so much.
Not really no. You should probably watch Starcrossed (S2 finale) though, as some of the Hawkgirl-centric episodes reference that arc alot.

Ahasverus

Don't feed trolls guys, it's very obvious who is in what position regarding to this movie after countless debates involving the usual suspects. Some people just say the most asinine things, let them eat cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom