• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

firelogic

I rewatched Sucker Punch last night (first time since release) and damn, it was prettier than I remembered it and the action sequences were still great.

I think Snyder could do a cool adaptation of The Order 1886 or a Killzone movie. War torn London with blimps and biplanes mixed with modern weapons is straight out of The Order and the zombie nazis were a dead ringer for the Helghast. Or an Overwatch movie starring D.Va. I wonder if a Blizzard artist got the idea for D.Va from this movie. An asian woman piloting a similar looking mech with a huge pink bunny rabbit head painted on it.

In conclusion, Snyder should direct everything.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_okghg29Ffx1r3ix26o10_400.gif

BadAss2961

Man, I hope the Batman and Gordon dynamic can compare with Nolan's. Can't imagine it'll surpass it, but I'd like to see them try.

G7wdDAi.gif
Well, i'd say we managed to get a better Alfred dynamic, so why not? Snyder's matched or exceeded Nolan on every Bat related thing he's touched thus far imo.

a916

Man, I hope the Batman and Gordon dynamic can compare with Nolan's. Can't imagine it'll surpass it, but I'd like to see them try.

G7wdDAi.gif

As long as it's just as good because I think we're getting a different Gordon here. Similar to the bad ass in recent comics. Similar to the more badass Alfred.

Well, i'd say we managed to get a better Alfred dynamic, so why not? Snyder's matched or exceeded Nolan on every Bat related thing he's touched thus far imo.

nah I don't think they'll be able to hold a candle to the Gordon/Bruce dynamic in the nolan trilogy. plus it already peaked with Gary Oldman. Like I can imagine JK Simmons in the role and I'm sure he'll be good but the GOAT has already passed.

also snyder's batmobile chase sucked. great batman combat but he really dropped the ball on that chase. begins and tdk crushed BvS in that department.

J_Viper

Bale and Oldman were magic, with the last moment between them in TDKR being one of my favorite moments ever in film, but let's not count out the Affleck/Simmons combo.

I think Nolan wisely took underused elements from previous Batman movies and made them critical in his. Gordon and Alfred, except, oddly, in Batman & Robin, were minor characters.

And speaking of Robin, that's a fresher area for Affleck to explore with Batman. Although LEGO Batman is more or less about that. But in live action, it's been 20 years.

live action robin will never not look stupid

I think Logan will make little kids beating the shit out of grown ass men look cool finally.

like I can see Damian really working in a batman movie if they made him a savage. preferably if they do give us a robin though I'd like the dude to be in his early 20s. this Batman is old anyways.

Ross61

Best shot? Best shot.

It's hell of out of character though hahah.

Is it really? Something like that could definitely be attributed to some of her runs.

Chris Mckay, director of The Lego Batman movie, wants to direct a DCEU film. What would you have him on the current slate?

bryanee

Well Affleck is out of directing duties for The Batman. That sucks but if he feels he's not the man for the job right now then fair enough.

Who would you get to replace him?

JdFoX187

Banned
OT thread is insufferable. Judging by his comments, he was feeling overwhelmed with pressure of doing everything. Don't blame him for stepping away from the directors chair, especially since he'll wield plenty of power as a producer.

WhiteWolf

Is it possible for WB to hire a new director so quickly? The movie will start filing in a few months.
Hopefully production gets pushed. Ben and WB should take their time and not rush into this with someone they aren't all in on.

My hope for a Snyder Batman film remains alive.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The only way this news turns around in any sort of positive note is if they hire a baller director that everyone loves. I applaud WB and/or Affleck for pulling the trigger and admitting he may not have it in him to direct this. Step back now and take your time. It's not doom and gloom. He still wrote it and will star in it, that's good enough for me.

IconGrist

Holy shit at OT. I know drive-bys are pretty standard but they at least tend to relate to the subject matter. How does "Affleck feels trying to do both will hurt the movie" relate to "How does WB keep fucking it up?" If anyone has an explanation for a comment like that I am all ears.

Cipherr

Bale and Oldman were magic, with the last moment between them in TDKR being one of my favorite moments ever in film, but let's not count out the Affleck/Simmons combo.

For me it was the end of the first movie. The discussion on the roof with the card reveal. Best single moment in any superhero film that I have ever seen. I sort of felt that it was coming, but it just blew me away anyway. So perfectly framed, the music was perfect. Everything.

"And you'll never have to."

Straight up birthed this new breed of SH films right there man.

Doesn't seem so bad, at least trades are echoing story of it being mutual

http://edit.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-affleck-not-directing-batman-movie-970390

Hope that's the case. I do think he doesn't want to be stretched too thin with a major blockbuster like this, especially after Live By Night.

David Fincher plz (wont happen though).

This isn't the best timeline. Won't happen. Though I wish with all my heart it would.

Hell god damn, my hope kinda just left

With the radio silence of hype inducing news from WB/DC, I'm feeling similar...

Effect

Given what happen with Live by Night in addition to his current marriage issues I'm not at all surprised he'd change his mind about the extra work load. It's not at all easy wearing all the hats in a production and staring in it as well, especially as the central actor.

However people in the OT took no time to take this as another excuse to crap on the DCEU as a whole. That too wasn't at all surprising.

Effect

Holy shit at OT. I know drive-bys are pretty standard but they at least tend to relate to the subject matter. How does "Affleck feels trying to do both will hurt the movie" relate to "How does WB keep fucking it up?" If anyone has an explanation for a comment like that I am all ears.

This. The jump many are making there makes not a damn bit of sense at all.

guek

Banned

Well the idea is that WB couldn't keep Ben happy and that's why he stepped down from the directing gig. It's not like Ben quit being Batman altogether though and they did say it was a mutual decision. TBH, this likely has more to do with Live By Night being a flop and Ben's confidence than anything that WB has done (apart from basically set him up as last hope of a savior for the DCEU among a lot of fans).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom