• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Yea, it's been a thing almost since the beginning but it never really gets brought up. Which is a shame because there's some seriously cool shit that can be done with it. It was most recently used in the New52 when Diana went 1 on 1 with Strife. Strife laughed at her for taking them off calling them her best defense. Diana returned the laugh saying the bracelets were Strife's best defense. The longer she goes without them the more dangerous she becomes. Think Hulk and his compounding rage factor.

Man..you know what, I want a fucking rated R Wonder Woman movie, she sounds so badass. I guess I can be content with a rated R animated movie, I still haven't seen that one anyway.

Or fuck it, a rated R Justice League. I think the Flashpoint movie had a ton of gore and violence right? Gimme that

Aside from Logan and JL every other comic movie this year is cheap Tuesday/matinee for me. I was considering skipping Thor altogether because I've disliked every movie he's appeared in in but Im down for space gladiators and hopefully waititis input on the script

I love wonder woman but not particularly excited about that film or the other non JL movies this year.

shingi70

Banned
This week in tales from the DCEU leaks.

The budget for Wonder Woman is 125 million. The studio is very pleased with how the film turned out and early discussions for a potential sequel have been discussed.
The Justice League trailer will debut in April and will be attached to Fate of the Furious. The plan is also to release a scene from Justice League in front of King Arthur similar to how the Dark Knight trilogy marketed their films.
Dr. Stephen Shin will appear in Aquaman. The studio is currently searching for actors for the role.
Brainiac will be the main villain for Man of Steel 2. The story was written by Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder. The plan is to place the film on the November 1st, 2019 release date.
Although Doug Liman is attached to direct Justice League Dark, the film is not considered a priority.
Gotham City Sirens is being targeted for February 2019.
The Flash film has been pushed back to 2020.

Ross61

Doubt they would entice Doug Liman out of Gambit for a film that wasn't that much of a priority.

"Story by Zack Snyder"

200_s.gif

Though a lot of this sounds plausible, something about the inclusion of MoS2 makes me not believe it. Would totally be down for Brainiac as the villain though.

Do you think Snyder would be tapped for a theoretical MoS2? For some reason, I feel like they'd pass it off to someone else, but I don't know what they'd have Snyder do in lieu of it.

Ross61

How does that even work? "We're giving you a big piece of the magical side of DCU and a scriptwriter is already ready. This could potential open of the franchise is many ways including financially. But you can start whenever. No pressure."

Though a lot of this sounds plausible, something about the inclusion of MoS2 makes me not believe it. Would totally be down for Brainiac as the villain though.

Do you think Snyder would be tapped for a theoretical MoS2? For some reason, I feel like they'd pass it off to someone else, but I don't know what they'd have Snyder do in lieu of it.

Snyder is scheduled to do something completely different for his next film with The Last Photograph. He's at least scheduled to leave the cape genre for at least one film.

Aside from Logan and JL every other comic movie this year is cheap Tuesday/matinee for me. I was considering skipping Thor altogether because I've disliked every movie he's appeared in in but Im down for space gladiators and hopefully waititis input on the script

I love wonder woman but not particularly excited about that film or the other non JL movies this year.

Same here. I'm on the edge with JL, though; depends on how neat the Flash and Aquaman powers seem in trailers. And Thor 3 has potential depending on trailers and how much of Taika's voice shines through. Wonder Woman is shaping up to be a fine origin movie, which is...fine. GotG2 also seems like a fine, more of the same sequel.

Spider-Man Homecoming is the sad one for me. It's Spider-Man with Keaton as the villain. Sounds awesome on paper. But it's hard to get excited by the trailers and I'm trying to force myself into getting excited for it. It's all so ordinary looking.

War for the Planet of the Apes, Dunkirk, Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, and probably Star Wars 8 are the movies I'm there opening day this year.

shingi70

Banned
Same here. I'm on the edge with JL, though; depends on how neat the Flash and Aquaman powers seem in trailers. And Thor 3 has potential depending on trailers and how much of Taika's voice shines through. Wonder Woman is shaping up to be a fine origin movie, which is...fine. GotG2 also seems like a fine, more of the same sequel.

Spider-Man Homecoming is the sad one for me. It's Spider-Man with Keaton as the villain. Sounds awesome on paper. But it's hard to get excited by the trailers and I'm trying to force myself into getting excited for it. It's all so ordinary looking.

War for the Planet of the Apes, Dunkirk, Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, and probably Star Wars 8 are the movies I'm there opening day this year.

I think spider-man is purposely ordinary looking, it's meant to envoke teen coming of age films and not big blockbusters.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Absolutely cannot wait for MoS2. I wonder who will they get for directing it though. I love Snyder, but I want someone else now.

Damn. My exact hype list for the action movies/blockbusters this year.

Some really cool ones coming out. I hope apes is as good or better than the last one. Would bode well for the batman movie

Spiderman being a teen movie sounds great in theory but that trailer kind of shot down the hype a bit for me. Really gotta see that JL trailer to see what they have in store for aquaman and Flash action

MoS 2 can't be 2019, isn't that Batman's date?

Who knows at this point. The entire schedule seems to be in constant flux and Warner Bros refuses to give an update or even stake out additional dates. The dates everyone uses to peg down these releases was announced almost a year ago now.

Ninjimbo

A MoS2 feels like it should be a guarantee. It's Superman. People love the character and they would rather watch a Superman movie then some disaster flick like San Andreas. There are actors, producers, writers and a universe already in place to fast track another Superman movie. WB should be doing SOMETHING on this front.

Man saw Dredd yesterday, that would be a nice blueprint for a contained Batman movie. Just make him go through a building while punching and outsmarting goons until he reaches the top to fight the main villain

Ashhong

I wouldn't hate that but I wouldn't love it. I like his movies but I want something with a bit more style. I would love another Snyder one, depending on what he does with Supes in JL

Ahasverus

I wouldn't hate that but I wouldn't love it. I like his movies but I want something with a bit more style. I would love another Snyder one, depending on what he does with Supes in JL
He doesn't get Superman at all. I say give it to Abrahams but make Fong be the DP.

Ashhong

He doesn't get Superman at all. I say give it to Abrahams but make Fong be the DP.

Highly disagree. He gets him just fine. Listen to any interview about it. He just doesn't make what you might want to see, which is an entirely different thing.

But that's why it depends on JL and how he is when he returns. I don't want another moody Superman movie

Ahasverus

Highly disagree. He gets him just fine. Listen to any interview about it. He just doesn't make what you might want to see, which is an entirely different thing.

But that's why it depends on JL and how he is when he returns. I don't want another moody Superman movie
Well, exactly, you bet a Snyder anything isn't going to be non dark/moody. I love the man, but he's better suited to Bman.

Ninjimbo

Well, exactly, you bet a Snyder anything isn't going to be non dark/moody. I love the man, but he's better suited to Bman.
He can do both just fine. There's no rule out there that says a Superman movie can't be moody. If the story calls for it like in MoS and BvS, I'll take that kind of direction.

The problem we have here is that no one has any idea what a MoS2 is supposed to look like. The only person who can answer that at this point is Snyder since he knows where the character is going. No one else has seen JL or even thought about what Superman is going to do in that universe going forward. Is MoS2 a side story? A prequel to JL2? Can it be a story set into the far future? Who honestly knows.

There was a rumor awhile back about an MoS sequel dealing with Clark in space and having flashbacks of a time when Zod was taking over planets in his prime. If that was the story, who better to direct that kind of stuff than Snyder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom