• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

i aint spinning nothing. if i somehow like it i'll like it, but gad is a wasteman so it would be a steep uphill climb.

on that note with Reeves I rewatched the Apes movies again recently and holy crap Dawn is so damn good. best blockbuster from 09-14 for me easy. there's a real strong sense of ambiguity as to who you're supposed to be rooting for here. how is a mocapped monkey more emotionally compelling than most protagonists we get today? HOW SWAY?!

dudes if War of the Apes is anything like this, and if Batman then continues the man's streak even further...we are blessed.

I love Dawn as much as the next man but the human side of that movie is boring and unengaging as fuck. It's says a lot that I remember the apes' names over any human characters.

the humans seem like they're basically a way to anchor the audience and relate to the story and conflict in each film.

i disagree with you in that they're boring. though clearly the apes are getting the development and consistency over the trilogy. human characters in this series come and go. the antagonist in the new one coming up is simply named the Colonel for example.

gary oldman surprised me quite a bit in the last one since I went in expecting some evil dictator going by the trailers, and yet I ended up sympathising with him and understanding his actions. he just gets one little scene of emotional vulnerability and the movie does enough with that. i don't remember any of the humans names in the movies toov but i don't think that makes a statement on how effective their role was in the film either.

i remember being pretty meh on rise, and dawn i liked quite a bit when i saw it but i had my complaints. they're aging so well though. especially this one which i have had a stronger opinion of rewatching it a few times since theaters.

So I went to see WW again, and it was in a theater that assigns seats. The theater was half full, which is okay, except that for some reason I happened to be the only person who sat on the L row.
cryingjordan.png

Ahasverus

The "Wonder Woman is not popular outside America" can go suck a dick right now. My 2 showings were packed, and they've been held on work days.

mine was half full. but it was a thursday night. and all of row L was packed too.

didn't even get a justice league trailer though which was wack, or even spiderman. got some piece of crap called geostorm and also Dunkirk which at least was a damn good one.

mine was half full. but it was a thursday night. and all of row L was packed too.

didn't even get a justice league trailer though which was wack, or even spiderman. got some piece of crap called geostorm and also Dunkirk which at least was a damn good one.

Is that movie about old man Kirk?

People in my theatre laughed out loud when the Geostorm name came up. Looks awful.

Ninjimbo

Armond White destroyed WW. I gotta admit, reading so much love for Snyder's work in a single review had me all gleeful. I don't know if the criticisms hold any water yet since I haven't seen it but I wouldn't be surprised if I walked away from WW with similar feelings.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
i aint spinning nothing. if i somehow like it i'll like it, but gad is a wasteman so it would be a steep uphill climb.

on that note with Reeves I rewatched the Apes movies again recently and holy crap Dawn is so damn good. best blockbuster from 09-14 for me easy. there's a real strong sense of ambiguity as to who you're supposed to be rooting for here. how is a mocapped monkey more emotionally compelling than most protagonists we get today? HOW SWAY?!

dudes if War of the Apes is anything like this, and if Batman then continues the man's streak even further...we are blessed.
The trailer for War looks amazing.

Probably the best CGI I've seen in a long time.

Armond White destroyed WW. I gotta admit, reading so much love for Snyder's work in a single review had me all gleeful. I don't know if the criticisms hold any water yet since I haven't seen it but I wouldn't be surprised if I walked away from WW with similar feelings.

Armond the GOAT, dude is reviewkino.

Ninjimbo

Patty on "Cheesyness"

I think cheesy/hammy get a bad rep and glad she feels the same

DBUo5wLV0AEFI4I.jpg:large
This is a nice quote. I sort of feel the same, but I feel a lot of popular media handles this very well. Movies like Fantastic Beasts and Finding Dory are cheesy as hell yet they're all the better for it.

I'd give anything to see a genuine Disco breakdown. like josh gad penguin and michael cera riddler are the villains of Reeves batman.

Ross61

I'd give anything to see a genuine Disco breakdown. like josh gad penguin and michael cera riddler are the villains of Reeves batman.

My even be more epic then that dude who didn't like BvS but attacked anybody who didn't like it on here. That was epic. I wonder what happened to him.

Top Bottom