• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Huh, it could still film in 2018 and release in 2019. Its not like that Steve Caroll flick is a blockbuster or anything. WB got like 3 DC spaces open.

You'll know the 2019 line-up by February of next year. That's when those films need to be eyeball deep in pre-production and on the verge of actual filming.

Just saw Wonder Woman, loved it a lot, so did the GF, outside of the cool action scenes Diana's compassion was what I liked the most, she was charming and heartwarming. Gal really sold it for me, that and the fish out of water aspect of the character.

I hope to see some of this in Supes in JL even If he probably won't show up that much, hell just have cavill act like he does in the press tours and you have your charming superman right there.

Now excuse me while I indulge in some electro cello-ing

J_Viper

I'm thinking there's a chance we never get JL2, and WB will instead use JL as a springboard to launch individual franchises.

I'm thinking there's a chance we never get JL2, and WB will instead use JL as a springboard to launch individual franchises.

Currently, there is no real rush for Justice League 2. They have to get a lot of these long stagnating solo projects moving and cleared. I still think JL2 is Snyder's if he wants it, but he won't have to make that decision until 2019 at the earliest -- unless Justice League just craters in some fashion this year and they want to bring in someone else.

In my seat. My brothers and I each got one of these pins.
e4QlrFh.jpg
We also took pictures with Wonder Woman, too.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmmm, I've never really seen him in anything. Can he play a scary villain that I can believe could go up against Ben's Batman?

Effect

Just got out of Wonder Woman. Will have more detailed thoughts later but both my sister and I loved it! Can't wait to see it again this weekend.

Posted my detailed thoughts in the review thread.

I liked the movie quite a bit, but it didn't reach the highs that BvS & MoS, did for me (but also didn't reach the lows, the dialogue, script, and themes are much more consistent and defined), but that's partly because I'm a huge fan of Superman.

I do like that
DCEU is sticking to it's guns with magic. Godly beings confirmed!

Firemind

Yep. Double Toasted blames Zack Snyder for the climax of the third act. Predictable.

Edit: weirdly they all don't like her theme lol

Out of the theatre, back home, and just about done for the night. Need to think on it some. Overall, it's a very safe movie. I definitely enjoyed myself, but probably not to the extent I did BvS.

ReiGun

It's going to be interesting to see the responses to this movie. Just from reading around online, much like the character it's based on, "Wonder Woman" seems to be laboring under a lot of expectations and the need to be everything to everyone.

One group wants it to be the perfect progressive feminist movie aka "check all the boxes of my personal feminism."

One group wants it to save the DCEU, washing out the bad taste of the other movies.

One group wants it to save the DCEU in that it receives critical praise, but doesn't change too much from the other movies because they liked them.

One group wants it to fail because they're fanboys and the MCU must beat all.

One group wants it be a movie about a lady superhero that's still really masculine somehow so as to not offend their fragile masculinity.

One group wants it to fail because of the aforementioned lady superhero and "SJW agenda!" or whatever.

One group just wants a good movie - whatever that means to them.

The movie...does not do all this. I don't think any movie could do all that. But what's interesting is that people are ready with the pitchforks and torches should the movie fail to hit their very specific personal tastes and politics, regardless of whatever merits it has removed from that. Like, this is going to be another talked about movie. Probably not as much as MoS or BvS, but if you thought the first "Wonder Woman" movie was just going to come out and not have the internet get really fucking weird, you're about to be disappointed.

Well judging by the arkham videogames Nolan North completely owns the Penguin's voice for now, or at least so it would seem.

Or he could be setting himself up to a brief stint as a writer for a batman story featuring penguin, á la Max Landis.

Or it could just be some elaborate troll.

I'm out of excuses for now....

Penguin

Well judging by the arkham videogames Nolan North completely owns the Penguin's voice for now, or at least so it would seem.

Or he could be setting himself up to a brief stint as a writer for a batman story featuring penguin, á la Max Landis.

Or it could just be some elaborate troll.

I'm out of excuses for now....

Oh gawd I hate Nolan North's Penguin so much

MisterHero

It's going to be interesting to see the responses to this movie. Just from reading around online, much like the character it's based on, "Wonder Woman" seems to be laboring under a lot of expectations and the need to be everything to everyone.

One group wants it to be the perfect progressive feminist movie aka "check all the boxes of my personal feminism."

One group wants it to save the DCEU, washing out the bad taste of the other movies.

One group wants it to save the DCEU in that it receives critical praise, but doesn't change too much from the other movies because they liked them.

One group wants it to fail because they're fanboys and the MCU must beat all.

One group wants it be a movie about a lady superhero that's still really masculine somehow so as to not offend their fragile masculinity.

One group wants it to fail because of the aforementioned lady superhero and "SJW agenda!" or whatever.

One group just wants a good movie - whatever that means to them.

The movie...does not do all this. I don't think any movie could do all that. But what's interesting is that people are ready with the pitchforks and torches should the movie fail to hit their very specific personal tastes and politics, regardless of whatever merits it has removed from that. Like, this is going to be another talked about movie. Probably not as much as MoS or BvS, but if you thought the first "Wonder Woman" movie was just going to come out and not have the internet get really fucking weird, you're about to be disappointed.
If you like Wonder Woman, shit on Justice League

If you don't like Wonder Woman, shit on Justice League

I recently rewatched the trailer, I don't know why everyone's so worried about a movie that's about good guys, bad guys and explosions. Because it might be too bloated? I liked the Batman/Aquaman bits and the Amazons returning...

J_Viper

If Gad is actually cast as Penguin please god no, it's more likely for Sirens.

Production on Batman isn't starting till the end of July at the earliest.

Ross61

If Gad is actually cast as Penguin please god no, it's more likely for Sirens.

Production on Batman isn't starting till the end of July at the earliest.
I mean, is he's Penguin he's gonna more or likely show up in Batman or it's sequels too.

they can fuck right off if they cast Josh Gad as Penguin. God damn. Make it for basura squad 2 if they must, but if its for batman...reeves you're smarter than this. veto it.

anyways, saw Wonder Woman. unexpectedly enjoyed it quite a bit. reminded me more of the Donner Superman and Raimi Spiderman in its depiction of the main character than anything else. didn't find it as interesting as BvS (for the most part) but it's hell of a lot better than Man of Steel and of course Suicide Squad. Formulaic superhero movie, but something that actually had me leaving the theater feeling good about as opposed to ambivalent.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238911273&postcount=4035

also she's up there now with my favorite recent female heroines alongside Furiosa and X23. I didn't expect to like Gal nearly as much as I did in this. She's adorable in this movie.

Top Bottom