• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ninjimbo

One of the things that stood out to me is how good of an actor Chris Pine is. There's some moments there where I felt like he was having a ton of fun with the role and he nailed like every single bit. I hope this movie opens up more doors for him. I feel like he needs to be more appreciated.

Small thing in the DC intro. Close up of comic Aquaman, Momoa Aquaman in the full shot.

Left to right, as far as I can tell...

Don't know who's to the left, right and behind what appears to be Shazam, floating figure with cape looks feminine, probably Supergirl, Catwoman, Cyborg, I think Black Adam, Flash, WW, Darkseid (red glowing eye figure?), what appears to be a lantern (Sinestro?), Superman, Batman, Hal I think, Aquaman, Atrocitus, Swamp Thing?, John Stewart, and it looks like maybe another Lantern. Can't figure out like 3-4 of those shilouettes.

Basically looks like Geoff John's favorite characters. I'm totally down for Geoff John's getting his picks for the initial character roll outs.

Here's a nice pickout from the reddit thread with a wider shot:
DBbnRQhXcAAqoDt.jpg

One of the things that stood out to me is how good of an actor Chris Pine is. There's some moments there where I felt like he was having a ton of fun with the role and he nailed like every single bit. I hope this movie opens up more doors for him. I feel like he needs to be more appreciated.

Hell or High Water was what kicked that off. He's the best of all the young blonde Chris actors tbh

tim1138

Small thing in the DC intro. Close up of comic Aquaman, Momoa Aquaman in the full shot.

There's a ton of Lanterns in that, at least two Green (can't tell if that's Jessica Cruz on the far left or not), Atrocitus, and Sinestro.

-edit-

Definitely Jessica next to Mogo and Simon is up front.

Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Momoa, and now Gal are part of the additional photography for Justice League.

First two are nice to see. Hope their reunion isn't overshadowed.

Hell or High Water was what kicked that off. He's the best of all the young blonde Chris actors tbh

It's true. Pratt is arguably more charismatic, but he's not the greatest dramatic actor. Hemsworth is actually a solid dramatic actor, too. His best role is in Rush, where he managed to hold up next to Daniel Bruhl's incredible Niki Lauda.

Jett from BOF's credibility has been bad for a long, long time. And his rumor is conjecture to things they've said. The reshoots are additional character moments.

Odoul

That was pretty great.

No Man of Steel but I enjoyed that ALOT more than i thought I would because none of the trailers grabbed me.

No Man's Land is just a step below Smallville for me.

hopefully its unfounded nonsense. i don't want to see Joss Whedon's Justice League, more interested in Snyder's. besides, odds are whedon will be offered the sequel at this point if Zack doesn't choose to come back.

although they better hope that Wonder Woman had a pretty major part of it after this film of hers, I could see her doing some great work leading the team alongside Bruce.

Ashhong

If you ask me, it's a bad thing. BvS might be the GOAT. I want to see more films like that, but because of how it was received, I probably never will and there's the fact that Snyder is one of a kind. So it really might be once in a lifetime deal when it comes to that movie.

I think I know exactly what you mean and feel the same. I expressed the same feelings earlier as well

Effect

Not paying attention to rumors anymore. I've enjoyed these films to much to put any faith in them. We knew reshoots were happening and they would be extra scenes with the characters and Whedon was brought in by Snyder to help. Snyder was originally suppose to direct those. Anything more then that isn't worth listening to I think and is some people trying to draw their own conclusions filled with speculation. People should not be forgetting all the bullshit that was being tossed around about Wonder Woman. Think about all the BvS rumors that didn't pan out.

Anth0ny

After all the weird rumors that surrounded Wonder Woman were proven false, it's hard to have faith in those new rumors.

Yeah don't need to take too much stock in rumors after Wonder Woman. Shit was damn near a masterpiece imo. Loved it from start to finish.

Wondy is my star of the DCEU at this point after BvS and WW.

Ninjimbo

I think I know exactly what you mean and feel the same. I expressed the same feelings earlier as well
Yeah, I just love BvS dude. I think I've seen it like ten times already. I haven't done a repeat viewing like that since Fincher's Girl With the Dragon Tattoo so something about it just hit me in all the right places. I could spend a long time in Snyder's world and never feel bored.

I never expected Wonder Woman to come close to that. I'm just happy I got to see an entertaining movie. I'm going to miss Pine whenever the next WW comes out. Talk about a believable romance coming out of nowhere. I've always thought Steve Trevor was kind of lame tbh lol.

As for that new JL rumor, I'm going to be upset if I even get a whiff of Whedon's craft in JL. That's supposed to be Snyder's movie and most likely his last. He spent years of his life building up the foundation to make JL possible and he deserves to have his vision realized. I hope it isn't true.

https://jointheleague.dccomics.com/post/justice-league-wonder-woman-mattel-action-figure-video-short
How does the Mattel Wonder Woman action figure measure up to the real deal? You decide as the mini Wonder Woman comes to life in this short video. Justice League action figures are in stores August 12th!
rRdanKW.png
Sooner than I expected. I was thinking mid/late September at earliest for Justice League toys and merchandise to start popping up. Awesome.

I saw it and I liked it. I wished they had given them some money to improve some of those VFX shots though. Gal's acting has improved, she is definitely more than capable enough to carry a superhero film.

https://jointheleague.dccomics.com/post/justice-league-wonder-woman-mattel-action-figure-video-short

Sooner than I expected. I was thinking mid/late September at earliest for Justice League toys and merchandise to start popping up. Awesome.

Lego sets were leaked as coming in August as well. I have a feeling they want merch to hit ASAP. I hope Target still has some exclusives as it pertains to Justice League (I work there so I want the goods haha). I know they did briefly for an animated movie, and has some merch to go with it.

Bleepey

If you ask me, it's a bad thing. BvS might be the GOAT. I want to see more films like that, but because of how it was received, I probably never will and there's the fact that Snyder is one of a kind. So it really might be once in a lifetime deal when it comes to that movie.

Yeah it's a shame.

I'm still shocked at how well gal worked in here

I think she was kinda shit in other movies tbh. And in BvS she was just okay, nothing to really get me excited about seeing a wonder woman movie

I didn't even think she was that attractive either. And then as I'm watching WW I straight up fall in love with her 😭😭

They did such great work with her on this film. She really does feel like an extension of the Reeves Superman.

Frankly I think it's an insult to compare her to Evans captain America. I think this is what they want him to be like in all his movies but he aint nearly this captivating, and what superman should aspire to be as well. Hopefully soon. She pretty much took his spot as head of the league after this one

Dead

well not really...yet

I think she was kinda shit in other movies tbh. And in BvS she was just okay, nothing to really get me excited about seeing a wonder woman movie

I didn't even think she was that attractive either. And then as I'm watching WW I straight up fall in love with her 😭😭

They did such great work with her on this film. She really does feel like an extension of the Reeves Superman.

Frankly I think it's an insult to compare her to Evans captain America. I think this is what they want him to be like in all his movies but he aint nearly this captivating, and what superman should aspire to be as well. Hopefully soon. She pretty much took his spot as head of the league after this one
On point

Gal is a straight up star in this movie. Lights up every scene she is in. Graceful, passionate, charming, badass, etc etc. That scene where she is chastising all the British politians, like how is she is so convincing in her plea to help others?

I struggle to think of a better hero casting in the past 15 years.

tbh to me it's a bigger casting victory than Ledger as Joker for how purely she embodies the spirit of the character and for how hateful the rhetoric towards her has been.

I still got Jackman and Bale on the list as the gawds of this century. RDJ too but I'm ambivalent to so many movies Stark has been in that its really hard to to separate that from my opinion on his stellar casting tbh.

but yeah, that I think Gadot will soon be on that list when just a few weeks ago I thought she was kinda wack says a lot on how won over I am by her performance. WB/DC hit the unexpected jackpot with this casting.

i don't think the JL animated music is iconic as the xmen or spiderman one so it might not be riffed on for the movie's theme, but it would be really dope if Junkie XL goes for it.

Everybody knows that you dislike Evans Cap but this isn't even remotely true. The MCU interpretation of the character is more shaky in his convictions after having served in the war, struggles with doing what's right vs. his personal motivations and is way less confident than Diana, who puts on a pure and ideal display of heroism. Cap is a more "grey" character by design while we still have to see how Diana changes between the events of WW and BvS and why.

Ninjimbo

I could buy Gal as a breakout star, but let's wait a little bit before we compare her to legendary castings like Jackman and RDJ in their roles. It's only been one movie and a cameo.

Ninjimbo

It's odd to me that 100 million is being celebrated as a milestone when BvS and SS absolutely broke the bank on opening weekend. But here we are lol.

I'm happy for everyone involved. Terrific job all around.

It's odd to me that 100 million is being celebrated as a milestone when BvS and SS absolutely broke the bank on opening weekend. But here we are lol.

I'm happy for everyone involved. Terrific job all around.

Yes, it's kinda odd of you to be wondering about why this a great achievement, too.

Top Bottom