• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

We'll see how he is in JL. Right now I think the idea of a cyborg movie is laughable but maybe he ends up being entertaining enough to warrant that

Or maybe not. Months to find out

Nah. Go ahead and give me a Cyborg solo. Go with a moderate budget and have different comic characters pop in and show off to keep it fresh.

I'll take any black super hero movie I can get. I don't like black panther but I'm going to support it by seeing it in theaters with the wife.

RrkOSnd.jpg

Neat.

(what Wonder Woman CG from the JL cartoon lol)

I want it only because Ray Fisher seems like a good guy

But haven't even been able to get into Cyborg's solo series

This. Ray should have a chance. I mean he was likely pitched on the idea he would get a solo film when he was taking meetings for the role. Gotta keep the budget low, which will be hard with a mainly CGI character.

Ninjimbo

I can't be the only that thought Cyborg's arc in the original Teen Titans was one of the better arcs. If Raven had the best arc (and she did) then Cyborg's was tied with Robin's at least for me.

It's because of that arc that I started to really like the character so I don't get how he's boring. Maybe the comics suck? Idk. I think he has potential.

Doubt WW will be nominated for anything, but I can make a case of Gal being nominated for best actress yeah. She might even win too. Believe that.

Huzzah.

Loxley

I could see the film getting a nomination for Best Costume Design or Best Makeup, since it's a period piece and the Academy fucking loves period costumes.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
THR: Wonder Woman sets up early Oscar Buzz...http://thr.cm/SSNSXG

Edit: And The League of Academy continues....

I really couldn't care less what the Academy thinks. Bunch of old fellas that just latch onto the latest Oscar bait movie while ignoring certain genres because they are 'dumb'

No matter how good a sci-fi movie is, it has absolutely zero chance of winning an Oscar. Same goes for comicbook movies.

Saw this on a SHH forums

18486447_302084970229966_1019416460608215608_n.jpg

The physical difference is incredible. She worked her butt off to be in great shape.

Boke1879

I could see the film getting a nomination for Best Costume Design or Best Makeup, since it's a period piece and the Academy fucking loves period costumes.

That's possible, but probably not in a year when Thor and Justice League is out. And that's just on the Superhero side of things.

IconGrist

Y'all are too hard on my boy Vic.

I, for one, welcome a Cyborg movie. There's not a whole lot that surrounds Cyborg that really fleshes him out so like Ninjimbo mentioned earlier taken to another height: Create a mainstream but original (with sleight ties to the source material) origin and supporting cast for Cyborg. Make something new out of him.

Boke1879

This is me paraphrasing a post from OT and deleting some spoilery parts. bit here's some thoughts on my 2nd viewing.

But yea. I just got back from my 2nd viewing just a bit ago. It was packed yet again.

Surprisingly my biggest complaint was how long the movie was after my first viewing. It really didn't feel that long this time. Maybe because I knew what was coming.

Now I've said this before, but I'm a fucking sap when it comes to anything that's supposed to be sad. So of course the last like 20 minutes the tears start rolling down my face.

I also think this is something people wanted out of MoS or any Superman really. I mean when it all comes down to it. Diana shows compassion to humans and stopped herself from damning us all. I feel that's something that Cavill's Superman is lacking. He loves humans, but he's too conflicted on his role in the world.

This movie is hitting a cord first off because is features and empowering characters on screen kicking ass, being humorous, angry, compassionate and curious. But on a deeper level. Her commentary on man and how she runs head first willing to help without thinking gives you hope.

Sorry if this is too long or if it feels like I kinda rambled on.

Loxley

Every now and again I'm reminded of George Miller's Justice League movie and I remain perfectly okay with the fact that it never happened. I feel bad for Armie Hammer that he missed out on the chance to play Batman, but still...eh...

IyBYqXl.gif

anaron

I really couldn't care less what the Academy thinks. Bunch of old fellas that just latch onto the latest Oscar bait movie while ignoring certain genres because they are 'dumb'

No matter how good a sci-fi movie is, it has absolutely zero chance of winning an Oscar. Same goes for comicbook movies.

Saw this on a SHH forums

18486447_302084970229966_1019416460608215608_n.jpg

The physical difference is incredible. She worked her butt off to be in great shape.

She looks soooooo much healthier and gorgeous now

Can't speak to Megan Gale's WW casting beyond saying her and others were questionable choices in Miller's JL.

Although of the other casting, Armie Hammer/Batman, Adam Brody/Barry-Flash, and Anton Yelchin (rip)/Wally-Flash would've been great.

They had concept art of Themyscira from it, to compare with what we got in the DCEU.

IconGrist

Yeesh

I totally forgot that was a thing that almost happened.

The episode was trash up until Diana ends up in a warehouse wearing the classic "trunks" version of that outfit and beats up a bunch of thugs. Then throws a metal pipe through some guy's throat.

J_Viper

What would you guys think of Josh Duhamel as Wayne?

7a64d67ea26c621bc7aeaff770c0ba88.jpg

He's been in nothing but garbage, but I think he looks the part if Ben ends up leaving

What would you guys think of Josh Duhamel as Wayne?

7a64d67ea26c621bc7aeaff770c0ba88.jpg

He's been in nothing but garbage, but I think he looks the part if Ben ends up leaving

Disgusting, fam.

Every handsome man looks the part. Im sure WB would aim much higher than him.

Also damn, Yelchin Wally West would have been great :(

Really pulling for Ezra to kill it with flash. The tv show has gotten pretty awful and I want to see this character in something good again. His JL scenes look dope

Boke1879

Kinda OT, but I hope Gal negotiated a phat ass contract.

Like she should be getting paid well just from being int he movies, but I hope her agent was smart enough to make sure she gets a good cut of the merch sales. I feel WW merch is about to skyrocket. Her character is going to be relevant for a long time and she's in two movies this year.

Is Harley Quinn still the biggest dc female character?

I feel like if they can keep this ball rolling they can make wonder woman their biggest dc character in merch after Batman.

Also gal and patty better get a salary raise for their next one.

Wish they'd release the rest of the George Miller JL cast photos. I wanna see how Armie Bats would have looked.

I feel like if they can keep this ball rolling they can make wonder woman their biggest dc character in merch after Batman.

Harley is pretty big, but I think WW has a lot more growth potential in terms of merch.

Boke1879

Yea I think Harley is still the biggest for now, but clearly WW has a lot of potential starting now. I'm sure they also get a nice payday for any sequel they do.

Penguin

Honestly I think DC's biggest female character is Lois Lane just by proxy of being in the mainstream for decades with Superman.

But you don't get Lois merch...

And of course, number one in my heart is QUEEN!

Top Bottom