• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Schnepp floated the idea on today's movie talk and holy crap if WB ever got their act together... give us Batman, MOS2, and Wonder Woman 2 all in one year, the trinity.

It's certainly possible they could all film next year. You just need Patty and company to jump right back into Wonder Woman and they need to have something on paper for Superman even if it's a treatment. The Batman should film next year either way.

Boke1879

I did, but no Justice League trailer, was kinda pissed. Got Thor and Spider-Man though. I know it's up to the theatres, but still.

I saw the movie twice in the same theater. In my first viewing I got a trailer for Baby Driver. 2nd viewing it was absent.

Got trailers for a Channing Tatum and Adam Driver movie, Spiderman, Justice League, Transformers, Idris Elba movie, Atomic Blonde and Blade Runner.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, my screening also had a 6 minute Dunkirk "trailer", which was really just a full scene. The sound was craaaaazy. I think that movie is gonna be in the running for best sound editing or design Oscars. I was in an Lie-MAX 3D screening.

a916

Oh, my screening also had a 6 minute Dunkirk "trailer", which was really just a full scene. The sound was craaaaazy. I think that movie is gonna be in the running for best sound editing or design Oscars. I was in an Lie-MAX 3D screening.

I believe it's the same one they showed off in front of Rogue One... I'll say this, that was the best part of Rogue One.

MisterHero

I'm not gonna post this in one of the many OTs but why in the world are people so salty about Diana and Trevor's romance
Some people think Diana doesn't "need" a love interest, but don't stop to consider that maybe Diana WANTS a relationship.

It would be awesome if they could bring back Steve in a new movie. Chris Pine is too good for a single appearance.

Boke1879

I'm not gonna post this in one of the many OTs but why in the world are people so salty about Diana and Trevor's romance

I honestly don't know man. I think some people in their head cannon didn't want to fall for anyone because maybe that would tarnish her image? IDK.

I feel it was done tastefully and nothing felt forced. Both of them are figuratively joined at the hip for most of the movie. It makes sense they'd form some sort of feelings/relationship with each other. Especially in a high stress environment.

Effect

I did, but no Justice League trailer, was kinda pissed. Got Thor and Spider-Man though. I know it's up to the theatres, but still.

I have to say all the Spider-man trailers have been horrible for me. They not only give away the entire film but they don't flow well as videos.

Both both Dunkirk and Justice League trailers both times I watched. The second viewing is when I got the Paradise Island game commercial with Gal Gadot.

An aside, the JL trailer in theaters (and pro res versions) are less dark than the YouTube version. They really mess up the blacks and dark levels.

LionPride

Banned
Like, I get the idea that Diana didn't need to have a love interest. Sure.

It was decently done though, not the whole, I love you after a few days of knowing you part, but still

Like, I get the idea that Diana didn't need to have a love interest. Sure.

It was decently done though, not the whole, I love you after a few days of knowing you part, but still
Well, it's new for her.

I am all for reversed roles. Give me more male love interests and less shitty female love interests, like TDK trilogy or most of the MCU.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Just gimme a fun Flash movie the CW show Flash stopped having fun a long time ago.

ReiGun

Hasn't even been out a full week, and already people are calling Wonder Woman "overrated."

The Internet turns heel faster and faster these days.

Boke1879

Hasn't even been out a full week, and already people are calling Wonder Woman "overrated."

The Internet turns heel faster and faster these days.

Who's saying this? Because I'm not seeing that anywhere honestly. Unless you mean just people on the internet.

ReiGun

Who's saying this? Because I'm not seeing that anywhere honestly. Unless you mean just people on the internet.

Literally just the internet.

It happens every time a large number of people like a thing, really. Happened to Get Out not too long ago, as well. I'm just used to it taking a little while. We're barely out of opening weekend!

Boke1879

Literally just the internet.

It happens every time a large number of people like a thing, really. Happened to Get Out not too long ago, as well. I'm just used to it taking a little while. We're barely out of opening weekend!

It's either people who overhyped the movie too much for themselves or just didn't like it.

I wouldn't take stock in it. WOM is great.

strafer

Patty retweeted this guys review and I'm just laughing my ass off, it's so good

https://www.facebook.com/joshpraycomedy/videos/1542325589152123/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

0vYnAKp.gif

Boke1879

Who the hell would overhype the movie?

Maybe I should rephrase. People who probably got caught up in the Rotten Tomatoes hype. Many people saying they enjoyed the film and that it's good.

Some people take that too far and probably set some unrealistic expectations for themselves.

Raptor

When he said he wanted to be WW I lost it lol.

"I dont know where Im going with that statement and I love girls but I want to be WW"

Lmao.

IconGrist

I got called in to work minutes after my showing this afternoon so I haven't had a chance to really sit down and formulate my thoughts but I do know (as of one viewing, I will see it again this Sunday) where I place it among the other DCEU movies.

1. Batman v Superman (Ultimate Edition)
2. Man of Steel/Wonder Woman
3 (but more like the worth of a 3 on a 1-10 scale but if that doesn't make sense than imagine this 3 is really like this is where I would rank something even if it was the only movie on a list so it still came in third when there was no second or first entry). Suicide Squad

Top Bottom