• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Yeah, I'm with you there. I don't want 3 Bat-verse flicks in one year. I want to see Flash, Shazam, or MoS2 way sooner than 2020. WB should be shooting for 3 movies a year starting in 2019 (god that seems so far away).

Going from one movie in 2018 to three the next year seems very unwise given that DC is still getting their production issues ironed out. Yes, there are a lot of films in development but that just means some producer is putting names on a spreadsheet until they start hiring actors. Make two good movies each year in '19 and '20 and if the machine holds up then expand further after that.

Unless you know, WB cheap out and decide not to pay her and let her walk. (Sorry for Diablosing.)

Warner Bros is not gonna let the best thing they have going for them in the public's eye regarding the DCEU just walk out the door. It's a PR hit they can't afford to take now or in the future.

Boke1879

w0xVN9q.gif

credit to Raptor.

Seriously. All she has to do is look at me like that, smile and I'll literally do anything she wants.

Also where did he post this gif?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Guess I was worried for nothing

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...osing-wonder-woman-1010543?utm_source=twitter

The forecast for the reboot has only gotten scarier from there — at least domestically. One of the industry’s most respected polling services, NRG, downgraded its projection to $38 million last week and to $35 million on Monday. Such surveys can certainly be unreliable, but if NRG is correct, The Mummy will lose this weekend’s domestic box-office race to holdover Wonder Woman.

Bock and others predict that Wonder Woman could drop as little as 50 percent from its domestic debut this past weekend, meaning it could take in $50 million-plus for Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment.

BadAss2961

Looking at the trailers...I just can't imagine it being a box office hit. It's got flop written all over it
It does look like a flop, but the Gangster's Paradise trailer looked dope in front of Wonder Woman. That video gamey back cam shot was impressive.

Still possible JL gets delayed, but it shouldn't need to be. The additional photography aren't huge action scenes. Whedon worked with Snyder to fill in some character moments.

Boke1879

I don't think JL gets delayed unless they truly don't have time to film and put these scenes into the movie. And like you said. They aren't big action scenes. So it shouldn't take too long with schedules permitting.

I just don't feel they'll delay this simply because while everyone wants it to be a critical darling. It's not going to stop it from making money.

I'm sure they want to get this movie out and then focus on the next phase of their products like Aquaman, The Batman, Batgirl, Sirens, Flash, Squad 2, MoS 2, WW2, Nightwing etc.

I feel the solo movies have the potential to be regarded highly rather than the tentpoles. That said they should never squander a chance to pair up Flash and Cyborg, Or WW and Batman/Supes/Aquaman.

Boke1879

Yea Whedon really just kinda helped out as a favor I'm sure. He's not going to fundamentally change anything. For better or worse that would just be wrong and very disrespectful to another filmmaker.

Ross61

If WB likes what they see with the reshoots, maybe they'll have him do more work on the film, but I'm only guessing. I hope it comes out on time!

Whedon's not doing anything that he and Snyder didn't work on together. It would have been the same scenes that Snyder would shoot. Don't see why WB would come to that conclusion.

J_Viper

They ain't gonna disrespect Snyder like that.
If it means a better movie, I don't see why they wouldn't. They gotta keep up the WW momentum.

I love Zack, but going with Whedon is, by far, the safer choice.

Whedon's not doing anything that he and Snyder didn't work on together. It would have been the same scenes that Snyder would shoot. Don't see why WB would come to that conclusion.

Thing is, we all know reactionary WB is.

The less than stellar reaction to BvS changed SS. It's not impossible that the success of WW might have an influence on JL.

Hell, there's an article on IGN that Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright are part of the reshoots

Ross61

If it means a better movie, I don't see why they wouldn't. They gotta keep up the WW momentum.

The less than stellar reaction to BvS changed SS. It's not impossible that the success of WW might have an influence on JL.

Hell, there's an article on IGN that Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright are part of the reshoots

Thing is, they were already in the film. We've known that from the start. They didn't say they were in for reshoots.

And WB wouldn't be that reactionary. They're smart people in general, they already know the deal with the reshoots. Nothing about the reshoots would sway them especially when it's supposed to be mimicking Snyder's style.

jackdoe

Er, yeah. That's a great way to court future directorial talent. "Hey, come join the DCEU family! The place where we completely re-shot and re-tooled a movie, destroying the original director's vision while he took a leave of absence to spend time with his family and grieve for a daughter who committed suicide." Nothing says excellent studio to work for like that!

For better or worse, I firmly believe that the movie will be a Zack Snyder film.

J_Viper

Thing is, they were already in the film. We've known that from the start. They didn't say they were in for reshoots.

And WB wouldn't be that reactionary. They're smart people in general, they already know the deal with the reshoots. Nothing about the reshoots would sway them especially when it's supposed to be mimicking Snyder's style.

That's true, but it seems coincidental that they're adding more Hippolyta and Antiope right after WW hits big

Here's the article

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/07/justice-league-will-feature-additional-wonder-woman-characters
Er, yeah. That's a great way to court future directorial talent. "Hey, come join the DCEU family! The place where we completely re-shot and re-tooled a movie, destroying the original director's vision while he took a leave of absence to spend time with his family and grieve for a daughter who committed suicide." Nothing says excellent studio to work for like that!

For better or worse, I firmly believe that the movie will be a Zack Snyder film.

Well we can hope WB chopping up films is a thing of the past, but JL is too important to them. They're gonna do anything and everything to make sure it's a hit.

Ross61

That's true, but it seems coincidental that they're adding more Hippolyta and Antiope right after WW hits big

Here's the article

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/07/justice-league-will-feature-additional-wonder-woman-characters

Well we can hope WB chopping up films is a thing of the past, but JL is too important to them. They're gonna do anything and everything to make sure it's a hit.

Just read the article. They didn't say anything about adding more Hippolyta and Antiope. Just that you were going to see more of them and they're history. Which we already knew and seen from the flashback of the invasion in the trailer.

Ashhong

Here's the article

As far as we know they are only adding the scenes that he and Zack worked on. It's possible they saw how great the movie was before release and decided to add a few in.

Also, WW spoilers, that pretty much confirms
that that giant war scene in the trailers is in the past right? Robin would most certainly be in that fight scene and well, she's dead now

J_Viper

If they end up going ahead with Shazam, they gotta drop the kid aspect and make Billy Batson a dude in his 20s-30s

Both child actors in the DCEU, young Clark and Diana, were terrible.

Just read the article. They didn't say anything about adding more Hippolyta and Antiope. Just that you were going to see more of them and they're history. Which we already knew and seen from the flashback of the invasion in the trailer.

Actually you're right lol

I could've sworn I saw "reshoots" in that article

As far as we know they are only adding the scenes that he and Zack worked on. It's possible they saw how great the movie was before release and decided to add a few in.

Also, WW spoilers, that pretty much confirms
that that giant war scene in the trailers is in the past right? Robin would most certainly be in that fight scene and well, she's dead now

Yeah that giant battle is probably from the intro, explaining the creation of the Mother Boxes.

Now, who's gonna narrate, Ben or Gal?

Ross61

If they end up going ahead with Shazam, they gotta drop the kid aspect and make Billy Batson a dude in his 20s-30s

Yeah that giant battle is probably from the intro, explaining the creation of the Mother Boxes.

That ruins a big part of what makes Billy special.

Ashhong

Plenty of decent child actors out there I'm sure. They'll be fine. Most importantly they need a male actor that can pull off Shazam. Tatum is still my favorite choice

Part of the charm/pull of Shazam is "young kid in older person's body". It's basically "Big"/"13 Going on 30". Making Billy a dude in his 30s makes no sense for the character.

a916

I thought the child actors were great, ESPECIALLY young Clark. Nailed that helpless frustrated look... really felt bad for him and Jonathan who's just trying to wade through this territory of doing the right thing but also keeping his son safe.

So, future bat-costumes... how's everybody feel about a purple lining on the cape? Or just going for the Rebirth suit entirely. I wasn't sure how well it'd translate when it was just Capullo doing it, but Finch manages a less stylized but still totally believable rendition.

WhiteWolf

So, future bat-costumes... how's everybody feel about a purple lining on the cape? Or just going for the Rebirth suit entirely. I wasn't sure how well it'd translate when it was just Capullo doing it, but Finch manages a less stylized but still totally believable rendition.
The Rebirth suit is really cool and I'd be all for it, way more interesting than more all black costumes. I doubt they'd do the purple lining though, but I could see them doing a scene where there is some purple colored lighting that highlights the cape as a homage.

I'd dig the Rebirth outfit. But only if Nightwing is blue with finger stripes.

Also, Fabok is the definitive Rebirth Batman artist next to Capullo.

The Rebirth suit is really cool and I'd be all for it, way more interesting than more all black costumes. I doubt they'd do the purple lining though, but I could see them doing a scene where there is some purple colored lighting that highlights the cape as a homage.

Purple kind of brings the whole thing together, though. Especially with the contrast between it and the orange highlights.

I'd dig the Rebirth outfit. But only if Nightwing is blue with finger stripes.

Also, Fabok is the definitive Rebirth Batman artist next to Capullo.

I was just reading #24, so Finch was the first guy to pop to mind :p

Purple kind of brings the whole thing together, though. Especially with the contrast between it and the orange highlights.

I was just reading #24, so Finch was the first guy to pop to mind :p

How good was #24 though? Hggggn.

Mikel Janin is a great Rebirth Batman artist as well. And I love his Selina.

ReiGun

I still want a grey and blue Batsuit. It doesn't even have to be the main suit. Use it in a flashback. I'm just over all black suits.

I still want a grey and blue Batsuit. It doesn't even have to be the main suit. Use it in a flashback. I'm just over all black suits.

Fair enough. Maybe in a flashback about Jason before he died. His outfit was a bit goofy, so it wouldn't be too out of place for a classic blue and grey.

I want blue and grey but it'd need to be a dark midnight blue. Trying to translate Neal Adams Batman to live action, that shade of blue without the attention on shadows, wouldn't look very good.

Top Bottom