• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

ReiGun

w0xVN9q.gif

credit to Raptor.
Gal ready to risk it all.

Gal ready to risk it all.

All I can say it, from talking with friends and seeing assorted internet comments, Chris Pine gained a whole lotta fans this past week. More than from three Star Treks. Think it's from Wonder Woman telling a genuinely romantic story.

MisterHero

All I can say it, from talking with friends and seeing assorted internet comments, Chris Pine gained a whole lotta fans this past week. More than from three Star Treks. Think it's from Wonder Woman telling a genuinely romantic story.
It's fun to pretend he's James T. Kirk in time travel episode of Trek

Astral Dog

If it means a better movie, I don't see why they wouldn't. They gotta keep up the WW momentum.

I love Zack, but going with Whedon is, by far, the safer choice.

Thing is, we all know reactionary WB is.

The less than stellar reaction to BvS changed SS.
It's not impossible that the success of WW might have an influence on JL.

Hell, there's an article on IGN that Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright are part of the reshoots
And still ended up somehow worse 😣
They have to get JL right because thats the 'big one' but a late change of director to finish a movie won't make it better

J_Viper

And still ended up somehow worse 😣
They have to get JL right because thats the 'big one' but a late change of director to finish a movie won't make it better

It can. Hiring Whedon to touch up character work, his forte, can be a wise move.

Let's be honest, I still think BvS is great, but one of the worst parts of the movie are the conversations between Bats, Supes, and WW.

The first meeting between Bats and Supes, which should have been an iconic moment, fell flat on its face. Then, you have the banter between the Trinity before they take on Doomsday, which is completely stilted

JL seems mostly improved in this regard, going by the trailer, but having someone like Whedon there to make sure the character moments click will only improve the film

The scene they showed during comic-con with Bruce meeting Barry really needs a rewrite

MisterHero

I seriously wonder exactly what does Justice League have to prove.

Avengers 1 was average and everyone loved it. I thought Avengers 2 was okay but it seems even some Marvel fans dismiss it. Whedon is a great guy but Snyder's action focus can throw things up several notches.

Are people scared that it might be 2 hours of 6 OP superheroes fighting a bunch of parademons? A big CG-filled finale? Too dark bordering on edgelord? Man, if that's your worry, I've got nothing but bad news. "I'm not sure what I expected" could be Justice League's OT subtitle.

finalcrisis14fluv8.jpg

b10758ec957bb0839e243g0u1j.jpg

realvsclone7xquc8.jpg

5epookbqpu91.jpg

Astral Dog

It can. Hiring Whedon to touch up character work, his forte, can be a wise move.

Let's be honest, I still think BvS is great, but one of the worst parts of the movie are the conversations between Bats, Supes, and WW.

The first meeting between Bats and Supes, which should have been an iconic moment, fell flat on its face. Then, you have the banter between the Trinity before they take on Doomsday, which is completely stilted

JL seems mostly improved in this regard, going by the trailer, but having someone like Whedon there to make sure the character moments click will only improve the film

The scene they showed during comic-con with Bruce meeting Barry really needs a rewrite
The money one? yeah hideous but i don't think they will change it.
Its probably just fixing bits here and there but If JL1 is well recieved i wonder if Whedon can come back for the sequel.

didn't they say the "reshoot" was just additional shoot for some additional scenes that they wanted to add? I doubt they will change the core movie.

J_Viper

Avengers 1 was average and everyone loved it. I thought Avengers 2 was okay but it seems even some Marvel fans dismiss it. Whedon is a great guy but Snyder's action focus can throw things up several notches.

Are people scared that it might be 2 hours of 6 OP superheroes fighting a bunch of parademons? A big CG-filled finale? Too dark bordering on edgelord? Man, if that's your worry, I've got nothing but bad news. "I'm not sure what I expected" could

I think as long as it's action packed, audiences will respond to it more positively.

What really killed BvS to general audiences is the slow pacing, and that there's only like three fight scenes in a near three hour comic book flick. That's not gonna cut it in JL

It's gotta move along quick like the first Avengers did. That movie was paced very well.

Its probably just fixing bits here and there but If JL1 is well recieved i wonder if Whedon can come back for the sequel.
No way, the "I'm rich" is perfect Wayne banter. I mean the one with Wayne showing up at Barry's pad. Barry's lines there are rough

WB definitely aren't going to risk the negative press and millions and millions in reshoots.

DBxek-YUwAIrX5X
There's zero negative press to Whedon "fixing" JL. Most are responding very well to him finishing the film. And yeah, WB will burn all the money they can to get JL to be as great as it needs to be. This is their crown jewel, it HAS to work or they're fucked.

Remember, WB desperately wants that billion.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The 'I'm rich' one was great.

Odoul

Yeah.

I loved Avengers 1, and found Ultron extremely disappointing and mediocre rather than out and out terrible.

But that entire farm house sequence feels me with dread if THAT is specifically the kind of stuff he's gonna be adding to the film. It was hideous.

But then the final confrontation between Ultron and Vision was the best scene in the movie. Going by Snyder's first two flicks and Wondy I'd assume we'd be getting more of the latter but who knows.

How good was #24 though? Hggggn.

Mikel Janin is a great Rebirth Batman artist as well. And I love his Selina.
SO good. King is a genius. It's a shame the arc is probably unadaptable though.

Hyped for War of Jokes and Riddles.

The scene they showed during comic-con with Bruce meeting Barry really well needs a rewrite

This is bullshit, though? First meeting between Bats and Supes wasn't great, but the fist meeting between Bruce and Clark was fantastic,and of course the Bruce-Diana encounter in the museum was superb.

It was uneven, but far from bad.

Fwiw, that was the first scene of the movie that press got to see during a set visit about a year ago. They said it was really funny and charming, and once the trailers came out said that the full scene plays much better than what's in the trailer. We'll see!

Effect

didn't they say the "reshoot" was just additional shoot for some additional scenes that they wanted to add? I doubt they will change the core movie.

Yes. From the start they said was additional scenes. They've been pretty up front about this and Whedon's involvement and when he originally came on board.

Dierce

remember that Snyder and Levine had a podcast session together once

and I've always feel like they are similar in some way, with their obsession with Ayn Rand :p
If I'm not mistaken, isn't Bioshock a critique of objectivism and doesn't Snyder want to direct Fountainhead which is the complete opposite?

J_Viper

This is bullshit, though? First meeting between Bats and Supes wasn't great, but the fist meeting between Bruce and Clark was fantastic,and of course the Bruce-Diana encounter in the museum was superb.

It was uneven, but far from bad.

You're right, the scenes when they're out of costume are done when, but it's the scenes in costume where it all fell apart

re: Whedon on JL. On of my problems with his work on Avengers, and only exacerbated in AoU, is how he gave the range of characters the same voice. It flies with writers/directors like Tarantino on their original work. Not so with larger than life comic book characters. Among MCU movies, the team of writers on Civil War did a better job at carving out their individual personalities than the two Avengers movies. Who knows how Justice League in the end will be, but I was relieved to see it's not a problem in the trailers.

I hope that Steppenwolf is the Collect & Connect figure for these. The Batman v Superman wave had a replica of Batman's grapnel gun, Suicide Squad had Killer Croc, and Wonder Woman had Ares (non-movie design).

Top Bottom