• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
wait, those things on the last page cost twenty fucking dollars?!?!?
Errr wait, maybe not those ones. They make cheaper ones for like 10 bucks, then more detailed ones for 20. The cheaper ones don't come with a build a figure part. If those come with a BAF, then they'll be 20.

Yeah, those are the $20 DC Comics Multiverse figures, which are intended for adult collectors, and each figure comes with a piece to build another (as of yet unknown) figure. It's basically Mattel's DC equivalent of Hasbro's Marvel Legends line.

There's also the basic Justice League figures, which should be around $10. They have more articulation than the basic Batman v Superman ones.

I4jTyq3.png

rRdanKW.png

Yeah, those are the $20 DC Comics Multiverse figures, which are intended for adult collectors, and each figure comes with a piece to build another (as of yet unknown) figure. It's basically Mattel's DC equivalent of Hasbro's Marvel Legends line.

There's also the basic Justice League figures, which should be around $10. They have more articulation than the basic Batman v Superman ones.

http://i.imgur.com/I4jTyq3.png[/img
[img]http://i.imgur.com/rRdanKW.png[/img[/QUOTE]

Wait, those are the $10 basics? Those are a MAJOR set up from the BvS ones.

a916

That's awesome, you normally don't see the directors on late night talk shows. Patty must be on cloud nine right now.

Especially since she's in a position to negotiate a sweet deal with WB to come back and direct Wondy 2.

I hope WB scoops her up before Disney comes and poaches her. I don't want to see a Princess Leia standalone, that garbage makes me so frustrated... Disney grow some courage and actually take a chance with the Star Wars license.

Has a pretty solid opening

I just didn't like the Death of the Waynes bit

That part was soooo good. Hans Zimmer's score. Bruce as a kid running away, him falling symbolising his own descent into madness. So god damn perfect.

Ninjimbo

Has a pretty solid opening

I just didn't like the Death of the Waynes bit
I like the imagery in that bit: the shot of the gun pointing into the camera, the pearl necklace coming apart, the foreshadowing of the role Martha is going to play in the story and how it all flows with the music. Beautiful stuff.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Patty looks amaaaaaazing

Ok. Just opened the link to that video and I literally said GODDAMN out loud.
Yeah, when I watched that last night I was wondering if Conan was gonna say something and do his howling bit he does when attractive people come out, but he held back. Maybe thought it'd be inappropriate for what they were going to be talking about, haha.

EDIT - Aw, it's not the full interview. At the end Conan asks her if she's going to direct the sequel and gets the audience to cheer her on and she can only respond with the political "We're still talking about it/We'll see".

LionPride

Banned
The one thing I can say I'm expecting from JL is to have a hype ass moment with Superman's return. Hopefully JL can be close to WW in quality. Having two 7/10 movies back to back would be dope

a916

It's all I want, please don't show superman in the trailers

Also this.

If they can somehow manage to top the flight moment from MOS... oh dear.

If they really want to tug at the heartstrings, weave in the Williams score ever so slightly against the Zimmer score. The Zimmer score is perfect, but the Williams score will take it up a notch.

Someone mentioned in one of the WW threads if there's a item in the DCEU like Thor's mjolnir. And like Cap inevitably using that will be dope, I got to thinking a moment where Batman temporarily gets a Lantern ring would be awesome.

Boke1879

Yea I'm really hoping JL is received better critically. Doesn't have to be on WW's level but enough to get people willing to go and hopefully for the narrative to change regarding these movies.

Because I feel after JL, the standalone movies like, Aquaman, The Batman, Sirens, Batgirl, Flash whenever that gets off the ground, WW2 and MoS will mostly be fine and well received.

Beautiful shots. Really drives home the first contact feel of MoS and where the xenophobia stems from. Goddamn does BvS have the best opening or what?

Best use of this generic superhero destruction on film I've ever seen. It was also the most effective at throwing these superheroes into our reality. Far more than any other marvel or dc flick before even. Dude killed it with the civilian/Bruce perspective. Was a bit Copperfield-esque in really selling a common genre staple in a new light

Even if I ended up hating the movie as much as suicide squad (I ended up liking BvS tho) id still be hyping this scene

bryanee

Finally got to see Wonder Woman. Great movie, I didnt have many issues with it not even with the third act especially since I hear people call it a mess when I thought it was perfectly fine with some pretty good moments.

My biggest issue was a CGI issue during the battle in
The Village with the lasso
. The CGI Wondy they used during that was poor. It really took me out of what would of been an amazing battle.

Gal was fucking wonderful. She had so many fantastic moments in this movie. She more than held her own against Chris Pine. I was saying in my head during her best moments that Campea is a fucking loon. The banter between Gal and Chris in the boat sold the chemistry between them perfectly.

The Amazons as a whole where also done really well and that island was beautiful.

One of the better origin comic book movies. Not sure where I'd rank it yet though. I want to watch it a couple more times.

Just pre-ordered the steelbook from HMV.

Ninjimbo

It's Snyder so it's going to be divisive. Since when has he ever done anything that was received with unanimous with praise? I expect something close to a MoS reception. No way in hell does it get the hate BvS got. I just don't think anyone has the knives out to tear it apart this time around especially with the tragic circumstances surrounding Zack's departure.

If the film is bad, people will call it a disappointment and move on to the next one. No one will dwell on it too much since it will probably be Snyder's last film in the franchise.
Personally, I don't care. I just want a classic Snyder film. His vision has to see it through to the end. It's been like 7 years.

Top Bottom