• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

a916

But it's still the Snyder era. He's the director.

Maybe I spoke too soon, but I really feel like they are starting to tap into the previous eras of DC Film.

I really hope Danny uses Zimmer's Superman score though, that better live on. But maybe give his own twist?

It's happening isn't it?

Tonally speaking the movie will begin as a Bloodborne and become a Wind Waker by the end of it

Justice League, 5 minutes in:
nrHB6iy.gif

Justice League, 105 minutes in:

This really is becoming a Joss Whedon joint.

It's happening isn't it?

Tonally speaking the movie will begin as a Bloodborne and become a Wind Waker by the end of it

full

will be very sad if this is the case. oh well, I still think Matt Reeves will pull that dope balance of heroism and serious/grim dramatic tone when he starts on Batman.

keep Geoff Johns and his company mantras away from it.

I kinda like Elfman but I thought Junkie XL was confirmed to score? Was it unconfirmed or did he get kicked off?

Edit: ok just read the article. I wonder why he left. I have a feeling this movie is undergoing some... changes. Not sure I like the idea of that.

jackdoe

will be very sad if this is the case. oh well, I still think Matt Reeves will pull that dope balance of heroism and serious/grim dramatic tone when he starts on Batman.

keep Geoff Johns and his company mantras away from it.
What are you talking about? Geoff Johns is all heroic until you get brutally murdered by the bad guy in extremely graphic detail.

Ross61

That Come Together cover that Junkie XL did for the JL trailer was meh-sauce. None of his contributions so far have excited me like the WW soundtrack that Rupert Gregson-Williams composed.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the rumor about major reshoots is starting to become more of a reality, you don't outright replace a composer just for some 'pick ups' like WB execs said.

The only Junkie XL solo score worth a damn is Fury Road... His Deadpool score was zzzzz, and I really like that movie.

Elfman, while generic lately, has made the two best superhero scores ever. Y'all are crazy, this is an upgrade.

Vyer

I mean, look, despite that there were some that liked BvS and SS; we can't really be surprised that WB was going to be looking for a course correction.

That WW was so widely praised is going to be a giant, blaring alert for them. It's the first ray of light they've had for this DCEU project. Of vourse they're going to react to that.

IMO, WW found a really nice balance between some adult, 'darker' themes and the 'hope and optimism' of superhero stories. If they're able to find that balance going forward I'm all for it. That still gives DCU its own 'feel' and differentiates it from the MCU in its own way.

the rumor about major reshoots is starting to become more of a reality, you don't outright replace a composer just for some 'pick ups' like WB execs said.

Nah. There are too many hoops to jump through for those rumors. And some of the rational gets really, really disturbing. It's no surprise what gormless sources are trying to spread the misinformation. Same types who spread nonsense about Wonder Woman being a mess to catch attention. Reliable sources won't stick their neck out for the dubious stories they're hawking.

Although, speaking of reshoots, some set photos are online.

BadAss2961

The only Junkie XL solo score worth a damn is Fury Road... His Deadpool score was zzzzz, and I really like that movie.

Elfman, while generic lately, has made the two best superhero scores ever. Y'all are crazy, this is an upgrade.

Elfman can be incredible. His potential is greater than Junkie's.

But after thinking about it... With direction from Whedon, we might get generic Elfman.

Dead

well not really...yet
I mean, look, despite that there were some that liked BvS and SS; we can't really be surprised that WB was going to be looking for a course correction.

That WW was so widely praised is going to be a giant, blaring alert for them. It's the first ray of light they've had for this DCEU project. Of vourse they're going to react to that.

IMO, WW found a really nice balance between some adult, 'darker' themes and the 'hope and optimism' of superhero stories. If they're able to find that balance going forward I'm all for it. That still gives DCU its own 'feel' and differentiates it from the MCU in its own way.
I agree that WW found a better balance between grim reality and hope that's was more palatable for the public, but the tone of BvS was specific and calculated due to the story and context. I just hope this won't be a tonally all over the place Frankenstein'd project now. Last time WB made knee-jerk changes we got SS.

Boke1879

Yall a composer got replaced. You can't extrapolate and say that Snyder's vision is being stepped on just from that.

These reshoots were destined to happen anyway. Snyder or no Snyder. I have no doubts they were already thinking of replacing the composer.

We'll see, but like bronco said no one who leaks things has said anything about anything major being changed.

BadAss2961

Yall a composer got replaced. You can't extrapolate and say that Snyder's vision is being stepped on just from that.

These reshoots were destined to happen anyway. Snyder or no Snyder. I have no doubts they were already thinking of replacing the composer.

We'll see, but like bronco said no one who leaks things has said anything about anything major being changed.
Reading between the lines, Junkie's statement all but says he was replaced as part of a new vision. Basically that he'd still be on board if Zack was still working.

Music is a big deal in setting tone. This could mean that Zack isn't as involved in at least overseeing the finish of JL as we had hoped. That Warner gave Whedon the nod to take what's there and balance it as he sees fit, instead of going off notes from Zack... Worst case scenario, but it's a possibility.

J_Viper

I'm actually a bit worried that Affleck doesn't seem to be involved in the reshoots

If they do recast with someone younger, I wonder how they'd explain that Bruce is now the same age as Clark and Diana?

Ross61

I'm actually a bit worried that Affleck doesn't seem to be involved in the reshoots

If they do recast with someone younger, I wonder how they'd explain that Bruce is now the same age as Clark and Diana?

Maybe the reshoots don't involve Bruce/Batman yet?

BadAss2961

I'm happy about this. I hope Ben isn't needed at all for what's going on.

The less reshoots, the more this is still Snyder's film. lol

J_Viper

Maybe the reshoots don't involve Bruce/Batman yet?
It's possible he's not currently needed, but the dude is looking rough. I don't see how he can get back into Batman shape if the reshoots are already going on

I'm happy about this. I hope Ben isn't needed at all for what's going on.

The less reshoots, the more this is still Snyder's film. lol
Thing is, he's no doubt the main character of the movie, maybe co-lead with WW after the huge success.

Let's say the reshoots are more drastic than we've been told, I'm thinking he'd play a significant role.

jombag

I for one am looking foward for the Superman and Stephenwolf "Puny God" joke equivalent

Vyer

I agree that WW found a better balance between grim reality and hope that's was more palatable for the public, but the tone of BvS was specific and calculated due to the story and context. I just hope this won't be a tonally all over the place Frankenstein'd project now. Last time WB made knee-jerk changes we got SS.

It's worth noting that what we saw before Snyder stepped away included a different tone than BvS already. It's entirely possible that shift was already there, and the result would have been somewhat of a mix regardless. Like there was a lot of wisecracking and banter in the Aquaman/Bats, Flash/Bats, even WW/Bats stuff we've seen.

Ashhong

You guys are being a bit reactionary. Junkie was hired during BvS, along with Hans. It's entirely possible that he just wasn't the best fit for JL, whether it was Snyders choice or not. He says he's happy to have been a part of Snyders vision, that doesn't necessarily mean his vision is gone. Maybe they wanted less drums, more heroism

Ninjimbo

I keep going back to that interview with Roven (I think) where he said the script was altered after BvS reception. Basically, JL was going to continue BvS's tone and then gradually introduce the lighter stuff. But then they decided to push that lighter stuff much more sooner in the movie after all the complaints.

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept hacking away at it during production. Also, it could have been Snyder himself doing all the alterations because he wants the same thing we all want: for these heroes to be celebrated. But man, Snyder has never been known to pander, and like DaveH said a couple of pages back, it's not too much a stretch to think Zack was being influenced by Geoff's superhero Kool-Aid which is why he brought Whedon on board.

This is a bummer. Back into the pit I go.

BadAss2961

Everyone calm down and stop overreacting, please!

With all these changes Justice League is getting delayed, isn't it? :(

Would be such a waste since the whole point of Whedon stepping in was supposedly to avoid a delay. Could've just let Zack take his time off in that case.

A delay now would be a huge red flag for those who want the film as Snyder intended.

Top Bottom