• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

J_Viper

whatculture.com/amp/film/10-last-minute-replacements-if-ben-affleck-quits-the-batman

Scott Adkins
Eric Bana
Scott Eastwood HAHAHAHHAH
Frank Grillo
Matt Bomer
Liev Schreiber
Jim Caviezel
Richard Armitage
Luke Evans
Karl Urban

Urban would be fucking rad

Firemind

Y'all need more Jesus in your life if you think 300 is Snyder's worst movie. Every frame is shot beautifully. Nothing is excessive. When I watched Rise of an Empire, every scene reminded me it's a poor imitation of Snyder's cinematic style. Honestly, 300 might make it on my top 20 favourite movies list.

a916

whatculture.com/amp/film/10-last-minute-replacements-if-ben-affleck-quits-the-batman

Urban would be fucking rad

Is Urban like the modern day Fillion? Everyone on GAF wants him in everything... but seriously I hate this list so much...

Ninjimbo

Y'all need more Jesus in your life if you think 300 is Snyder's worst movie. Every frame is shot beautifully. Nothing is excessive. When I watched Rise of an Empire, every scene reminded me it's a poor imitation of Snyder's cinematic style. Honestly, 300 might make it on my top 20 favourite movies list.
It's not that 300 is bad movie. It's that Snyder got better and better after it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Where are my JL doom and gloom news. Need some of that ish. Too quiet on that front.

Loxley

Where are my JL doom and gloom news. Need some of that ish. Too quiet on that front.

I think the closest we've gotten so far is just the whole stink about "MASSIVE RESHOOTS". So unless said reshoots are going terribly or something, I'm not anticipating much on that front.

I think some folks tried making up stories last week, but they were quickly checked to be BS. And maybe it's naive to believe after stories about Wonder Woman turned out to be bullshit, people learned to think critically about these bogus rumors.

I think they were both in a Smurf movie.

They're in nothing together.

All of that happened near the beginning/middle of December after Geoff and Joe started following Armie on Twitter. The only thing they could have been prepping for at that time was The Batman because it was still slated to start filming in April.

It was just a rumor though, was it not? I really don't think he's going to quit. I hope so anyway. He's too good at the role.

Maybe a good, well liked JL and Batman movie will sway him. Idk

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I kinda want to see a Batman that can go against his full rogues gallery that;'s been around. I want veteran Batman against Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Clayface, etc. Losing Ben so fast would really suck.

I think his experience promoting Justice League and it's reception will be the determining factor on whether he stays or goes.
Yeah I can see that. Maybe that's why WB or anyone has not retorted the rumor.

I wanted to retort to this but then again could be considered a matter of taste.

300 flows beautifully IMO.
Yeah. It's good and precise and scenes flowed well into each other. It's a beautiful film to look at.

Affleck is going nowhere. Warners got him for three movies.

W6oZoCS.gif

Loxley

The fanboys who want to cast Scott Adkins in superhero films must not have seen him act.

Yeah...I'm a fan of Adkins, but he's best used as a mini-boss/main henchman in movies. That way he can show off his kick-ass martial arts and acrobatics, but doesn't have to talk much at all.

Snyder is the dude who hired JK Simmons, Willem Dafoe, and Joe Manganiello. Clearly he had Spider-Man 1 on repeat in the lead up to directing Justice League.

Should be mentioned,

Snyder had been working with Antonius Tom Holkenborg, aka Junkie XL, on the movie. Holkenborg, who scored Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and counts movies like Mad Max: Fury Road and Deadpool among his credits, is now moving on to Tomb Raider, according to sources.

Perhaps in part a scheduling conflict with Tomb Raider?

jackdoe

Considering Danny Elfman was hired for Age of Ultron to re-insert the Avengers theme, I don't think he'll get rid of the pre-existing Superman or Wonder Woman themes. Improvements to Batman's theme would be amazing though.

Top Bottom