• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

If we're talking changes, I'm more worried about changes to Terrios script. I really wanted to see what he could do without the influence of Goyer...

FeD.nL

You guys are being a bit reactionary. Junkie was hired during BvS, along with Hans. It's entirely possible that he just wasn't the best fit for JL, whether it was Snyders choice or not. He says he's happy to have been a part of Snyders vision, that doesn't necessarily mean his vision is gone. Maybe they wanted less drums, more heroism

Actually Junkie was already hired for Man of Steel. He's credited as 'additional music' but Zimmer has gone on record in interviews that Tom helped him with a lot of the themes. His credit mention just got upgraded for BvS.

Raptor

VoJbV.gif

Bleepey

I keep going back to that interview with Roven (I think) where he said the script was altered after BvS reception. Basically, JL was going to continue BvS's tone and then gradually introduce the lighter stuff. But then they decided to push that lighter stuff much more sooner in the movie after all the complaints.

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept hacking away at it during production. Also, it could have been Snyder himself doing all the alterations because he wants the same thing we all want: for these heroes to be celebrated. But man, Snyder has never been known to pander, and like DaveH said a couple of pages back, it's not too much a stretch to think Zack was being influenced by Geoff's superhero Kool-Aid which is why he brought Whedon on board.

This is a bummer. Back into the pit I go.

I liked BVS's tone :(

MisterHero

I don't want a course correction. Whedon is a terrific guy but I definitely don't want the same creative pools dictating both JL and Avengers.

don't know if this was posted but an interesting article.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-skulls-meaning-zack-snyder/

There were plenty who criticized Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel for letting thousands of innocent people die without a second thought – but as it turns out, Superman was haunted by the lives he couldn’t save… most audience members just never understood how Snyder expressed it. In terms of actual plot, Batman V Superman spins directly out of the tragedy and carnage unleashed by General Zod in Man of Steel‘s third act. But when one DCEU fan took to social media to dig a bit deeper and see how Snyder may have used imagery both universal and film-specific to drive home the toll it took on Henry Cavill’s Superman, the director reached out to confirm that it’s a beat most audience members may miss.

A lot of Snyder's symbolism is so super obvious

Wow, the skulls from that Man of Steel scene are equivalent to the skull face paints from the BvS scene. Who'd a thought? And you're telling me, the skulls in Man of Steel represent Superman's responsibility to present himself to the world, whereas the skulls in BvS represent the consequences of doing so? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Yet some people still say it doesnt exist...

Ninjimbo

A lot of Snyder's symbolism is so super obvious

Wow, the skulls from that Man of Steel scene are equivalent to the skull face paints from the BvS scene. Who'd a thought? And you're telling me, the skulls in Man of Steel represent Superman's responsibility to present himself to the world, whereas the skulls in BvS represent the consequences of doing so? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Yet some people still say it doesnt exist...
Sometimes it's super obvious, sometimes I completely miss it like in the day of the dead scene. I completely missed the parallel until that article brought it up and I'm kicking myself for it lol.

It's that kind of stuff that makes me think Snyder is on another level from other filmmakers . You just don't see stuff like that even from my favorite directors like Nolan. Snyder had balls to put stuff like that into what was supposed to be a Hollywood blockbuster.

Bleepey

Sometimes it's super obvious, sometimes I completely miss it like in the day of the dead scene. I completely missed the parallel until that article brought it up and I'm kicking myself for it lol.

It's that kind of stuff that makes me think Snyder is on another level from other filmmakers . You just don't see stuff like that even from my favorite directors like Nolan. Snyder had balls to put stuff like that into what was supposed to be a Hollywood blockbuster.

Lex literally has Senator's eating out of his hand and people are like why is Lex acting weird.
Clark reads Plato's Republic in Man of Steel and the Kryptonian society is modelled after it
Batman killing people was the fucking point, it shows how out of character he is and the many references in the film support it but people do not notice or refuse to acknowledge it.

LionPride

Banned
What is that caption under LBJ?

And does WW have that pose in the show or cartoon or comics? Can't remember
From last year's finals

"No team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit"

I never associated a specific pose with her, but in the JL cartoon, the animation did end with her in the pose I believe.

Hearing various impressions about War for the Planet of the Apes, with the common theme of it being mean and bleak and heavy and amazing for it.

If anybody at Warners try this fun woo woo stuff, Affleck needs to play attack dog for Reeves.

Penguin

Still kind of amazing how there's a "Wonder Woman pose" now. In all these years across various WW media I never associated a specific pose with Wonder Woman; closest was her hands on her hips from the TV show.

Ha yeah

But now that I'm seeing more Wonder Woman

Realize that pose is all over, just the movie really pushed it to the limelight

GalleryComics_1920x1080_20150819_WW_OMNI_PEREZ_1_Cvr_55cce57c35c2c5.48056561.jpg

WhiteWolf

Hearing various impressions about War for the Planet of the Apes, with the common theme of it being mean and bleak and heavy and amazing for it.

If anybody at Warners try this fun woo woo stuff, Affleck needs to play attack dog for Reeves.
Seriously. I'm tired of Johns and WB pushing "hope", "fun", and "optimism"; that shit needs to stay away from the Batman film.

J_Viper

I'm reading through Court of Owls right now and hot damn, this would make a great film

Bomba by Night lost Ben whatever pull he had at WB

I do hope WW's success helps them realize the less studio interference there is, the better.

a916

Seriously. I'm tired of Johns and WB pushing "hope", "fun", and "optimism"; that shit needs to stay away from the Batman film.

In his quote from last year he purposely went out of his way to say even Batman has hope. Hope for a better future because he would stop doing it if he didn't believe in it.

Which I think is the best extent of that hope. Whereas Superman wants to save people from themselves, believing even the worst can be saved.

Ninjimbo

Nonsense. Batman is going to be doing the heavy lifting putting the team together and investigating threats while Clark punches shit and pretends he's doing hard work.

a916

Honestly, the more I think of it... I don't agree with Elfman.

No offense to Danny, at least Junkie XL was the same veign as Hans Zimmer.

Elfman music is very classical. To me that's a different direction that I really don't agree with. It would be like John Williams scoring this... it's a very classical style without the "oomph" that Zimmer/Junkie bring.

Top Bottom