• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Damn, it's that bad?

Season 1 has its fair share of rotten episodes, but the episodes that worked were damn fine comic materiel

S1 is great overall but the show gets progressively worse after that while retreading familiar ground. It's watchable, sure, but what's the point it you've already seen it done better?

J_Viper

S1 is great overall but the show gets progressively worse after that while retreading familiar ground. It's watchable, sure, but what's the point it you've already seen it done better?

For more Tom Cavanagh?

How you gon say you don't like S5 only a few episodes in?

Maybe I just need to rebuild my tolerance to CW's production values and acting quality. It's been around two years since I watched any of their content.

I mean, it's been a while since I've watched Flash S1, but I remember the core cast being great.

With Arrow, Diggle and Copdad are the only solid actors in the group. Oliver, his sister, Felicity, and his lame sidekicks are god awful.

J_Viper

I feel like there's an argument to be made that if WB had intervened more with BvS, it could have been a success

Like, I wonder what they thought was gonna happen when they let Snyder make a three hour comic flick with two fight scenes in it

GeeTeeCee

I feel like there's an argument to be made that if WB had intervened more with BvS, it could have been a success

Like, I wonder what they thought was gonna happen when they let Snyder make a three hour comic flick with two fight scenes in it

I always thought the Batmobile chase sequence felt like an exec had looked over the script and thought "we need some action in this film right the fuck now." Such a pointless (and needlessly kill-happy) scene.

Folks are saying War for Apes is even better than Dawn of Apes... Warners best not get a case of creative differences with Reeves.

Nice. If he makes the Batman movie he wants to make i think it could easily be a top 10 comic movie. I already thought dawn was the best blockbuster in the years between TDK and Fury Road

If war is an improvement....whew. man is big franchise ready and on top of his game then. The dceu producers would be stupid to intervene

J_Viper

If I wonder if Batgirl and Nightwing end up in The Batman. It'd be a smart way to launch their own solo flicks.

I always thought the Batmobile chase sequence felt like an exec had looked over the script and thought "we need some action in this film right the fuck now." Such a pointless (and needlessly kill-happy) scene.

Yeah. I mean, they did a poor job cutting the film down, but I can see their reasoning behind it.

Imagine their faces when they were expecting an Avengers-esque franchise starter. I understand the panic.

BVS would have been better if the title fight was actually worth a damn.

I actually enjoy it for how dirty and barbaric it is.

Reminds me a lot of the final boss fight in Raimi's first Spider-Man

Forreal. Got serious goblin and spiderman vibes from that fight. Just brutal blunt hits. Batman really looked like a piece of crap in that one. Especially when he brought the sink and hit him over the head with it....yikes

For those first two thirds there Snyder kind of made Batman into one of the best comic book movie villains. I still really like this movie up until the end of that titular fight. The rest is basura to me tho.

Batmobile chase sticks out as the worst part of BvS. Doesn't make sense for the story and the chase itself wasn't very exciting. It's almost structured as a joke. You see the Batmobile smashing through cars and buildings like a tank, with the punchline being that Superman totals it with a small kick. I get that.

A slight adjustment where Batman doesn't go after the truck, but rather it's a scene of the Batmobile trying to escape Superman, would've been a better fit. Say, Batman tries using all these gadgets and weaponry against Superman to no avail. Only adds to Batman's insecurities to be totally beaten and spared by the figure he's projecting all his hate onto.

Setsuna

Batmobile chase sticks out as the worst part of BvS. Doesn't make sense for the story and the chase itself wasn't very exciting. It's almost structured as a joke. You see the Batmobile smashing through cars and buildings like a tank, with the punchline being that Superman totals it with a small kick. I get that.

A slight adjustment where Batman doesn't go after the truck, but rather it's a scene of the Batmobile trying to escape Superman, would've been a better fit. Say, Batman tries using all these gadgets and weaponry against Superman to no avail. Only adds to Batman's insecurities to be totally beaten and spared by the figure he's projecting all his hate onto.

The chase would've been successful had Superman not stopped Batman while he was trying to acquire kryptonite

There is no chase scene involving Superman going after the Batmobile. do you not realize how powerful Superman is?

J_Viper

Forreal. Got serious goblin and spiderman vibes from that fight. Just brutal blunt hits. Batman really looked like a piece of crap in that one. Especially when he brought the sink and hit him over the head with it....yikes

For those first two thirds there Snyder kind of made Batman into one of the best comic book movie villains. I still really like this movie up until the end of that titular fight. The rest is basura to me tho.

Yeah that sink finisher was a straight up bum fight move, but that's why I liked it lol

The Doomsday fight is messy, but it still has some cool money shots. I still place it way higher than the Ares encounter.

Then there's Batman visiting Lex in jail, which was rad, until the DING DING DING part.

The fucking funeral with the bagpipes is so hilariously bad. It reminded me of that Giant Bomb video where they play SWAT.

I still don't think they should have killed Supes.

jackdoe

At least it was better than Nolans damn rooftop racing.
I wholly disagree. The Tumbler chase sequence was easy to follow and had real stakes (Rachel dying to Scarecrow toxin). The BvS car chase sequence was hard to follow and a complete mess (surprising as Zack Snyder doesn't usually drop the ball like that), brought in story logic inconsistencies (Superman doesn't even think to go after a truck of bad guys shooting off RPGs in the street?), and had absolutely no stakes.

The chase would've been successful had Superman not stopped Batman while he was trying to acquire kryptonite

There is no chase scene involving Superman going after the Batmobile. do you not realize how powerful Superman is?

Batman's weaponry can slow Superman down--and that'd be the best Batman could do in that encounter.

Nah. Snyder had the worst batmobile scene of the century. Nolans fight choreography was a weakness but the chase sequences were all pretty solid

Ninjimbo

Nah. Snyder had the worst batmobile scene of the century. Nolans fight choreography was a weakness but the chase sequences were all pretty solid
The Tim Burton ones were much worse dude. People need to watch those action scenes again before they start flinging shit at the modern films.

I liked BVS's batmobile chase with that bombastic soundtrack playing, and I still like this batmobile design way better than the tumbler.

Tim Burton's batmobile still Nº1 in my heart though

WhiteWolf

I love this Batman so much.

GLG8lyu.jpg
My favorite, followed by Keaton.

I am not the biggest fan of the Doomsday fight, but the warehouse rescue that follows the BvS fight is the GOAT Batman action scene for me.
I liked BVS's batmobile chase with that bombastic soundtrack playing, and I still like this batmobile design way better than the tumbler.

Tim Burton's batmobile still Nº1 in my heart though
I am with you 100% on all of this.

The Tim Burton ones were much worse dude. People need to watch those action scenes again before they start flinging shit at the modern films.

This century starts from 2000 or 01 tho bruv

And yeah the Batman warehouse scene was fire. I take back the whole third act being awful

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
looks liked Matt Reeves killed it with War for The Planets of The Apes.

low-key one of the best, most consistent franchise of the last 10 years easily.

Ninjimbo

This century starts from 2000 or 01 tho bruv

And yeah the Batman warehouse scene was fire. I take back the whole third act being awful
My bad lol. I must have missed the century bit. Still, it's best we not forget Burton's movies to appreciate how far we've come in terms of Batman movies. We got it good.

Sounds awesome. Reeves was a great upgrade for the franchise.

Boke1879

Thing is. A Batman movie IS supposed to be dark, gritty etc.

I doubt it gets too damn crazy, but they should push limits and themes imo.

Top Bottom