• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Bleepey

A mod saw Bleepey post that he would make a parody thread about civil war. Kind of BS since that OP had a ton of details and thoughts that weren't a parody at all. It was a legitimate discussion

That was my thought. I didn't just say shit for cheap laughs.

J_Viper

Our guy next to some dude casting spells

DCVVdirV0AA6WfW

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Stealing from the Off Topic thread

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/j...onder-woman-sequel-justice-league-1202471557/

”Suicide Squad" and ”Batman v. Superman" made money, but critics hated them. Did you learn anything from the poor response to the films?

Berg: There are lessons from every movie. You would be silly not to analyze how a movie was received — what went right and what went wrong on the making of a movie.

On ”Suicide Squad," the movie did incredibly well commercially. It didn't work narratively. You had some great casting and some great characterizations, but where the story fell down was on narrative, on plot. We could do better. ”Batman v. Superman" was tonally dark. People didn't respond to that.

Johns: ”Wonder Woman" celebrated exactly who the character is, but looking at it, it's not like we should change everything to be about hope and optimism. There's nothing to change. That's what these characters are.

There, now some of you guys can stop worrying about every movie turning into smiles and jokes...

LionPride

Banned
Please explain how that was a parody thread. He had well thought out reasons for every one of his points. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't make it a parody thread.
It wasn't one but him saying he was gon make the thread as a parody then making a serious thread wasn't a good idea

Ashhong

It wasn't one but him saying he was gon make the thread as a parody then making a serious thread wasn't a good idea

Yea I know, but that's not what glass rebel is saying. but still, just read that op and it's obvious that it's not a parody lol. Oh well. Try again in 6 months bleepey

Blader

So if Jenkins and Johns are writing the sequel now, do we think Wonder Woman 2 is going to be 2019? Seems like they have a half dozen other things in the works for that year already.

So if Jenkins and Johns are writing the sequel now, do we think Wonder Woman 2 is going to be 2019? Seems like they have a half dozen other things in the works for that year already.

2020 is likely. Either way, Warners isn't like Marvel Studios in that it's part of a larger picture with Disney. So if they wanted to, they could go all in on DC properties as their blockbusters that year.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
4 movies a year... BELIEVE!!!

But really, they'd have to do that unless they scrap some of the other "announced" movies.

- Batman for sure
- Wonder Woman 2 most likely
- Sirens seems like a safe bet, however they may flip it for Batgirl since Joss probably wants to start working on it
- I hope Flash would make the list

- Suicide Squad 2?
- Sirens/Batgirl
- MoS2
- Green Lantern?

- Nightwing
- Cyborg/Titans
- JL2
- Shazam?

These actors aren't getting any younger and the amount of work they have to put in to stay in shape gets harder every year. 4 years between sequels has to be a killer. I would drop Suicide Squad 2 all together since Harley is the draw and she'll be in Sirens and potentially any other movie set in Gotham so they're covered there. I would also drop the Shazam movie and just roll that into MoS2 or Justice League 2. Black Adam and Darkseid fucking shit up, which would leave Brainiac for MoS2.

Blader

I know it was bullshit and debunked by Snyder and Johns almost immediately, but I did like the idea of WB marking the 80th anniversary of Batman by dropping The Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, and Sirens all in 2019.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I know it was bullshit and debunked by Snyder and Johns almost immediately, but I did like the idea of WB marking the 80th anniversary of Batman by dropping The Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, and Sirens all in 2019.
I for one would welcome our Bat overlords.

I get that there'd be huge push back to have 4 Bat family films in one year, but maaaaaaan the Batman fan in me would explode with joy.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
At least Deadline is calling it out as BS

http://deadline.com/2017/06/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-pay-henry-cavill-1202117011/

Several sources are calling BS on Internet reports that Wonder Woman‘s Gal Gadot was paid a paltry $300,000 and that she was grossly underpaid compared to Justice League counterpart Henry Cavill. I’ve heard that might have been the figure she was supposed to get but that Warner Bros agreed to double it to around $600,000 before her movie began production.

Salary specifics are hard to come by and Warner Bros isn’t commenting, but sources tell me Cavill got a comparable amount, certainly under $1 million to play Superman in 2013’s Man of Steel, not near the $14M reported on the web. Before this gets twisted into a narrative about gender discrimination, the truth is it is mostly about leverage. Warner Bros derived Cavill’s Superman quote based on what he made for The Tudors, and brought Gadot into Wonder Woman based on her quotes from the Fast and the Furious series.

You know it's one thing to believe plausibly dubious stories on the internet. It's another to believe Cavill got paid $18,000,000 for Man of Steel and not use critical thinking to question it.

Busty

Banned
You know it's one thing to believe plausibly dubious stories on the internet. It's another to believe Cavill got paid $18,000,000 for Man of Steel and not use critical thinking to question it.

Absolutely. It's beyond ludicrous to even contemplate such a thing given that $18m is more than (IIRC) Cruise was paid for The Mummy and more than Dwayne Johnson was paid for San Andreas.

Both are international film stars and before MOS Cavill was part of the ensemble cast of an imported Showtime drama, there is literally no comparison.

IconGrist

Notice they call out Suicide Squad for having narrative problems but decline to do so with BvS and only point to it being a darker film.

Well, narrative wasn't the problem. It was structure. The plot had a very clear and precise flow only hurt by the editing in the TC. Suicide Squad had shit no matter how it was edited.

Stealing from the Off Topic thread

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/j...onder-woman-sequel-justice-league-1202471557/

There, now some of you guys can stop worrying about every movie turning into smiles and jokes...

Also,

http://variety.com/2017/film/features/toby-emmerich-warner-bros-dc-wonder-woman-1202471523/

In the meantime, DC is plunging ahead with two more female-focused projects, “Gotham City Sirens,” in which Margot Robbie will reprise her “Suicide Squad” role as the demented Harley Quinn, and Joss Whedon’s “Batgirl,” which the “Avengers” writer and director urged the studio to make. There will also be more Diana Prince. Emmerich says that Jenkins is already working on a “Wonder Woman” sequel. It won’t take place in World War I, as the first film did, but it will also likely be set in the past.

“It will take place somewhere between 1917 and 2017,” Emmerich says coyly

He’s also thinking of ways that DC can differentiate itself from Marvel projects, which tend to be family-friendly. Emmerich says he admires violent, irreverent and very adult comic-book movies such as “Logan” and “Deadpool.”

“I would be surprised if we didn’t at some point make an R-rated DC movie,” says Emmerich.

Ross61

Lindelof Watchmen and Lord and Miller stepping of Han Solo with 3 weeks left of shooting. Today is crazy in Hollywood.

In other news, Annabelle: Creation is being said to be a vast improvement over it's predecessor and getting good reviews. Say hello to your Shazam director, David Sanberg.

Wonder how much of their treatment still exists for The Flash? I don't know how much has been rewritten, I can't keep all the rumors and speculation straight, but isn't one of them about Warner Bros actually liking whatever version of the script they have now and only want to bring in someone who will do minimal changes? If so, maybe there would be a chance of them circling back around to it.

strafer

Lindelof Watchmen and Lord and Miller stepping of Han Solo with 3 weeks left of shooting. Today is crazy in Hollywood.

In other news, Annabelle: Creation is being said to be a vast improvement over it's predecessor and getting good reviews. Say hello to your Shazam director, David Sanberg.

I saw the trailer and liked what I saw.

ryan299

Mayimbe saying Lord and Miller met with WB about the Flash during hiatus.
The Wrap

Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller met with DC Films during the production hiatus of the Star Wars ”Han Solo" spinoff, insiders exclusively told TheWrap.

The duo met about the possibility of directing ”The Flash" after Rick Famuyiwa left the project over creative differences last year, according to multiple individuals familiar with the project. It was unclear whether they were already considering an exit from the ”Han Solo" project.

Edgar Wright needs to direct The Flash. It'll simultaneously be his highest grossing movie and the lowest grossing in the DCEU.

It would be automatic GOAT comic universe movie

I'll settle with Reeves Batman tho. That will be really good as well. But man, Wright is a damn genius at his craft. I'm imagining the kind of action scenes and cool editing tricks he'd apply to something like the flash...whew

Anyways hopefully baby driver does ok in the box office. Sony sent it to die but it looks too good to not be rewarded in some way.

It would be automatic GOAT comic universe movie

I'll settle with Reeves Batman tho. That will be really good as well. But man, Wright is a damn genius at his craft. I'm imagining the kind of action scenes and cool editing tricks he'd apply to something like the flash...whew

Anyways hopefully baby driver does ok in the box office. Sony sent it to die but it looks too good to not be rewarded in some way.

Number of screens for Baby Driver is so sad. Between Transformers and Spider-Man, it's left with a few showtimes a day.

Odoul

I kind of don't like The Flash (truthfully don't know that much about him) always seem like an overpowered character that writers just pull abilities out of their ass for when they get stuck with ridiculous villains.

I love Lord and Miller's work though. I actually don't think I'd like them on any type superhero/action movie. They're all about over the top complete nonsense and fuckery. And I don't see how that could translate into a two hour adventure with any real stakes.

shingi70

Banned
I kind of don't like The Flash (truthfully don't know that much about him) always seem like an overpowered character that writers just pull abilities out of their ass for when they get stuck with ridiculous villains.

I love Lord and Miller's work though. I actually don't think I'd like them on any type superhero/action movie. They're all about over the top complete nonsense and fuckery. And I don't see how that could translate into a two hour adventure with any real stakes.

I mean the three movies they're most well known for are all about nonsense and fuckery.

Top Bottom