• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Who would want an action figure of a coffin?

hqdefault.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
This movie with the Rock is scheduled to go into production in August, and has a release date of July 2018. I didn't realize movies are made that quickly. Maybe there's still hope for another DCEU movie?

http://deadline.com/2017/06/neve-campbell-skyscraper-movie-dwayne-johnson-1202118429/
It really does come down to post FX... Which I'm a little shocked to see with the Skyscraper movie they're talking about in that article. If I had to guess, buildings are gonna be toppling in that movie which is a pretty FX heavy thing to do. But then again, maybe not anymore, as that's all simulation and particle based now a days.

A Joss Batgirl or Ayer Sirens movie should have minimal CG compared to if Zack was making them. Joss and Ayer probably go with more real sets and less CG fakery for the backgrounds. Plus, no flying or super strong people = less FX work. Honestly, if DC REALLY wanted a movie out next August, they could start shooting Sirens or SS2 or Batgirl and get it done in time.

I don't know if they're already committed to giving Ayer the Sirens gig but I hope they give it to someone else. That guy's a really mediocre director.

a916

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It's The Rock... he's quickly pumping out awful movies... honestly, with how talented he is, it sucks he's just signing on to flaming hot garbage.
I'd love to think that Rock takes all these shitty movies just for the money which he then privately donates to a bunch of charities since he probably has more than enough to live comfortably the rest of his life.

a916

I'd love to think that Rock takes all these shitty movies just for the money which he then privately donates to a bunch of charities since he probably has more than enough to live comfortably the rest of his life.

He's hurting his brand though... now anytime he announces a movie I'm like... passsss.

He's made some god awful movies, and his best movie (Fast 8) is dumber than a bag of rocks.

The Rock's brand is just fine. He's always been the best B-list action star around. It's basically what he's known for.

Oh, and uh, hullo everybody. I'm new here. *waves awkwardly*

Ashhong

He's hurting his brand though... now anytime he announces a movie I'm like... passsss.

He's made some god awful movies, and his best movie (Fast 8) is dumber than a bag of rocks.

Idk I think the rocks brand is just fine. He's consistently the best part of all of the movies he's in. I'm always curious if I see his name, then it depends on the rest of the crew.

strafer

The Rock is one of Hollywoods finest actors, his constant success is a blast to follow.

He makes billions of dollars every day and I'm jealous as fuck.

Boke1879

The Rock's brand is just fine. He's always been the best B-list action star around. It's basically what he's known for.

Oh, and uh, hullo everybody. I'm new here. *waves awkwardly*

You have just entered the first stage of hell.

Real talk though. Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay. Love talking DC movies/comics/tv shows/whatever else.

Ashhong

Watched Power Rangers the other day. Whoo boy the acting was just abysmal. The Asian guy is in Aquaman right? He was the worst, with Becky G a close second. Hopefully Wan can get a better performance out of him

J_Viper

Watched Power Rangers the other day. Whoo boy the acting was just abysmal. The Asian guy is in Aquaman right? He was the worst, with Becky G a close second. Hopefully Wan can get a better performance out of him

I made it ten minutes in before I bailed out.

I knew I was in for it when the movie starts off with a "bull masturbation" gag.

Naomi Scott though...

Ashhong

I knew I was in for it when the movie starts off with a "bull masturbation" gag.

Naomi Scott though...

It's definitely not great, but as lion said it's better than expected. I think the formation of the MegaZord was lame as hell though and was kind of pissed off. It's watchable lol

Naomi Scott though...

I thought it was a really underrated movie and everyone gave solid acting performances throughout.

Ashhong

I thought it was a really underrated movie and everyone gave solid acting performances throughout.

I really only had issue with Zach and Trini. Zach tho was good in scenes with his mom and also when he was talking about his family. I'm guessing he was born in Asia which might be why

Top Bottom