• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

It's been mentioned a few times and more recently in the BO thread for Wonder Woman.

A few posters seem certain Whedon is heavily involved with JL and will make extensive edits. What are the receipts on this?

It'd really irk me, should JL end up good, people give all the credit to Whedon and continue to diss Snyder. Especially considering the circumstances on which Whedon was brought aboard.

Raptor

rompecabezas.jpg

Snyder movie.

What Whedon will do.

You agree?

Boke1879

It's been mentioned a few times and more recently in the BO thread for Wonder Woman.

A few posters seem certain Whedon is heavily involved with JL and will make extensive edits. What are the receipts on this?

It'd really irk me, should JL end up good, people give all the credit to Whedon and continue to diss Snyder. Especially considering the circumstances on which Whedon was brought aboard.

I feel that's what people on forums will do.

But you even see it in this thread. People scared. They make it seem like Whedon is shooting and entire separate movie. I think the tone of the film will be consistent throughout.

Now whatever Johns, Whedon and the team do in post is anyone's guess

There's no evidence. It's a total fabrication, or at best a deep inference based on ignoring contradictory details. tbh it's a little gross. Snyder would've directed the reshoots if not for a personal loss. Whedon's initial job was a script doctor for the reshoots, working closely with Snyder, Johns, and presumably, Terrio. Snyder even went out of his way to make the statement to avoid these misunderstandings.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV9Uhvbl8Hi/

That Ben pic is recent. Turns out he is involved in the current reshoots

Yeah, I remember reading that.

I wonder if WB even cares about Harley now that WW is so successful.

Everyone is involved with reshoots, just the schedule is tricky with all the actors off doing their own things.

It's a minor thing, but I hope the reshoots allow for Laurence Fishburne to get a scene in. I really like his Perry White and was bummed when they couldn't make it work initially.

And WB would be thrilled to have Harley and Wonder Woman making bank every other year. Right now DC properties are a safe bet for the studio. They ain't making King Arthur 2.

There's no evidence. It's a total fabrication, or at best a deep inference based on ignoring contradictory details. tbh it's a little gross. Snyder would've directed the reshoots if not for a personal loss. Whedon's initial job was a script doctor for the reshoots, working closely with Snyder, Johns, and presumably, Terrio. Snyder even went out of his way to make the statement to avoid these misunderstandings.

It's really irked me too. Especially with Snyder's personal circumstances. There's one poster who keeps pushing it as fact, going as far as saying Whedon was doctoring the movie much earlier than people knew. He seemed certain so I thought he may be a ITK, so didn't ask for receipts.

The worst would be if people refuse to give Snyder praise should the film turn out great.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
This years Comic Con might just by my most anticipated one in years. Justice League trailer, possible Aquaman footage, probable new DC slate announced, Thor trailer, possible Infinity War teaser, maybe more Black Panther footage, Antman & Wasp info, and new casting/directors for some movies. HYPE!

This years Comic Con might just by my most anticipated one in years. Justice League trailer, possible Aquaman footage, probable new DC slate announced, Thor trailer, possible Infinity War teaser, maybe more Black Panther footage, Antman & Wasp info, and new casting/directors for some movies. HYPE!

It was briefly talked about in the Marvel Studios thread, but I'm hoping to learn more about their slate past 2019. There a good chance a number of new characters are introduced in Infinity War (and its unnamed sequel), who'll go on to star in movies.

Warners hasn't given a clear DC road map for a while now either. A Batgirl announcement could've been cool but if Joss isn't showing up, that doesn't seem likely.

We might get to glimpse the Thor trailer, but the rest of that stuff won't see the light of day until months later. I'm glad Warner Bros doesn't even fight it anymore and just posts the stuff within minutes of showing it.

LionPride

Banned
This comic con I just care about MCU stuff and Aquaman so imma be vibin if some shit gets put out

200w.gif

Too much colour in the first pic and the second doesn't look cheap enough.
Ouch.

I think Wheedon will abide by Snyder's vision while providing fresh eyes. It should be easy for him to see what's missing, if anything.

As far as editing the final cut... Idk. I guess the GoT editor has his work cut out for him?

J_Viper

Lmao of course. You think just because they now know they have one female cash cow they're not going to milk the other?

Well, I was thinking more about their newfound focus on "heroism" that maybe we'd see them double down on WW and Batgirl instead of Harley

But you're right, dropping Harley entirely doesn't make sense.

ReiGun

This puts into perspective how the current DC TV and film lineups are only scratching the surface of what can be done with this universe.

Hopefully the cuts will start getting deeper. Hell, I'm super impressed things like Lucifer and Black Lightning are out there already.

Boke1879

Yea WB/DC will def keep marketing Harley. She's going to make good money.

Them doing a Batgirl movie also says they have no issues marketing multiple females heroes. It's most likely going to be one of the best things being done for Comic Book Movies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

What I can make out from left to right in the foreground

Brainiac
Larfleeze
Black Lightning
Constantine
?
Poison Ivy
?
Batgirl
Green Arrow
Shazam
Red Hood?
Catwoman
Cyborg
FLash
Darkseid
Wonder Woman
Superman
Batman
Aquaman
John Strewart
Nightwing
Swampthing
Harley Quinn
Martian Manhunter
Joker
Lex Luthor
Mera
Deadshot
Killawog
Black Manta
Lobo
Solomon Grundy
Scarecrow?
Captain Cold
Anti-Monitor

Background characters flying left to right

Mr. Miracle
Robin
Bumble Bee
Specter
Hawkgirl
Supergirl
Black Adam
Sinestro
Hal Jordan
Atrocitus
Jessica Cruz
Mogo
Hawkman
?
Blue Beetle
?

shingi70

Banned
What I can make out from left to right in the foreground

Brainiac?
?
Black Lightning
Constantine
?
?
?
Batgirl
Green Arrow
Shazam
Red Hood?
Catwoman
Cyborg
FLash
Darkseid
Wonder Woman
Superman
Batman
Aquaman
John Strewart
Nightwing
Swampthing
Harley Quinn
Someone behind Harley?
Joker
Lex Luthor
Mera
Deadshot
Killawog
Black Manta
Lobo
Solomon Grundy
Scarecrow?
Captain Cold
Anti-Monitor

Background characters flying left to right

Red Tornado?
Guy that looks like Aquaman with a leaf spear??? WTF?
Bumble Bee
Specter
Hawkgirl
Supergirl
Black Adam
Sinestro
Hal Jordan
Atrocitus
Jessica Cruz
Mogo
Hawkman
?
Blue Beetle
?

To fill in a few blanks

Larfleeze next to Braniac
Poison Ivy next to Constatine
Mister Miracle instead of Red Tornado
Martian Manhunter behind Harley

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, there are a lot of Green Lanterns just from earth.
Way too many if you ask me. I thought there was only supposed to be one per Sector? Yet Earth has Hal, Kyle, Guy, John, Jessica, Simon, and kinda Alan Scott? It's ridiculous.

Ross61

Way too many if you ask me. I thought there was only supposed to be one per Sector? Yet Earth has Hal, Kyle, Guy, John, Jessica, Simon, and kinda Alan Scott? It's ridiculous.
Well technically only Hal and John are the GL for the sector that contains Earth, Kyle and Guy are stationed on Oa even though Earth is their home. And Jessica and Simon got their rings through unique circumstances and are the current acting GLs of Earth.

It's two lanterns per sector. It right now Stewart is corps leader and Hal is field commander. Guy and Kyle are honor guard so they all get stationed in Oa. Jessica and Simon are the current sector lanterns. Earth just has the best and most talented ring wielders of every emotion.

I mean, it makes sense when you think about it. Shit goes sideways on Earth at least 3 times as often as any other planet in the galaxy.

And Alan Scott isn't that kinda lantern.

Theorry

Although Warner Bros hasn’t confirmed which films will be featured in their SDCC panel – or when/where the panel will be – it’s likely fans will be treated to a new Justice League trailer and the first footage from Aquaman. Now, a post from Reddit subcommunity r/DCEUleaks claims entertainment marketing firm Trailer Park has cut an Aquaman teaser for SDCC, revealing a brief description of what it contains:

It was around 1 min 30 secs long. … It opens with some mellow piano music, showing Amnesty Bay with a voiceover from Momoa. The music then turns cinematic, Zimmer style I would say. We get various shots of the characters, Mera, Murk etc etc. The teaser ended with a really really cool scene of Arthur standing on a rock type thing and activates his trident and creates a massive wave.

Hopefully we get to see something.

Top Bottom