• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

tumblr_m842zx09eE1rxyld0o1_500.jpg

MisterHero

Snyder seems to be going through old BvS photos. In one of the photos, you see doodles of some scenes.

Superman reading "BATMAN CRAZY" on his computer haha
It might be him watching a broadcast of people saying Batman is crazy. edit: I'm wrong, he's typing

And that newscaster's name was Bill O'Reilly G. Gordon Godfrey

Dominator

It really bums me out that the most likely consensus to Justice League, whether good or bad, is a losing scenario for Snyder.

If its good/great, the praise will fall to Whedon. If its shit, people will just say that Snyder's movie was irredeemable.

That sucks. Win for Whedon but a ultimate loss for Snyder.

It really bums me out that the most likely consensus to Justice League, whether good or bad, is a losing scenario for Snyder.

If its good/great, the praise will fall to Whedon. If its shit, people will just say that Snyder's movie was irredeemable.

I had the same thought. Snyder cant win.

Super minor hope, but can we finally get some scenes of Batman wearing his cape all the way around? I always loved that look from the animated series, and they'd primarily use it during his investigative scenes.

They did concept art of it for BvS but they never actually used it, I would be down to see Batman investigating crimes with his cape like this.

see-this-stunning-new-batman-vs-superman-concept-art-plus-a-new-look-at-wonder-woman.jpg

While we're at it, add the big Bob Kane ears. I've always been more partial to spooky-looking vampiric Batman over roided-up Miller Bats.

I agree with this, the cape-over-shoulders was one of the things that made me love the Michael Keaton suit until this day.

Reeves could even pull inspiration from this story wise

1540-6.jpg

LionPride

Banned

That's not gonna happen. People will still feel awful for Snyder for the daughter's suicide and comend him on what he was able to do. Instead of being dicks. Now if the movie is not enjoyable welp...

Super minor hope, but can we finally get some scenes of Batman wearing his cape all the way around? I always loved that look from the animated series, and they'd primarily use it during his investigative scenes.

They did concept art of it for BvS but they never actually used it, I would be down to see Batman investigating crimes with his cape like this.

https://images.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,q_auto:good,w_600/vjbgjudtlqjidlsvbuew/see-this-stunning-new-batman-vs-superman-concept-art-plus-a-new-look-at-wonder-woman.jpg[/IMG

While we're at it, add the big Bob Kane ears. I've always been more partial to spooky-looking vampiric Batman over roided-up Miller Bats.[/QUOTE]

It'd peculiar seeing how they designed the cape to wrap around his body. When it's behind him, the edges are folded back, and the cape connects at the neck rather than the shoulders. Reckon it's in part the lack of slow scenes with Batman in BvS and part the difficulty of having the CGI cape work in that way.

Ninjimbo

That's not gonna happen. People will still feel awful for Snyder for the daughter's suicide and comend him on what he was able to do. Instead of being dicks. Now if the movie is not enjoyable welp...
I like to think most people won't harp on it too much considering the circumstances surrounding its post production. I feel that if the movie is bad, it's going to be greeted with some disappointment and people will shift the narrative over to whatever comes next seeing as how it might be Snyder's last film in this universe. They'll look forward to whatever Wan, Jenkins and Reeves can come up with and sort of downplay Snyder's role in this universe (something that should have started a long time ago quite frankly).

I just don't feel people are looking for blood this around. They got that out of their system after BvS and SS came out. WW's reception healed some of that so the burden on JL won't be so big thus you won't have the vent up emotion people spent three years building for BvS.

Are we doing JL RT predictions yet? Cuz I'm looking 50% at the least just based on the fact that it won't be a philosophical exercise like BvS was.

Batman and Wonder Woman are the only ones I've stuck with since issue 1. Enjoying Super Sons, Detective Comics was good but I just stopped buying it. The latest issue of Aquaman is gorgeous and the story is interesting but I'm gonna wait and see how it continues before offering a recommendation. Only disappointment thus far for me was Justice League.

Theorry

Gal-Gadot-Zack-Snyder.jpg

“This is the first photo I took of Gal,” Snyder wrote on Vero. You can see there’s a Wonder Woman costume test in the collage of photos as well. She’s wearing her cloak, and we saw that in Batman v Superman concept art as well, but that costume didn’t make it to screen until this summer’s Wonder Woman.

Dead

well not really...yet
Clay Enos is also on Vero. I downloaded it to follow Snyder, he posts a lot of great shots, even outside the movie stuff. Dude has an incredible eye for photography in general. But theres lots of other cool people to follow as well.

anaron

WW aside, Snyder hasn't done anything to deserve praise so far in regards to these characters so he doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt going forward.

LionPride

Banned
I like to think most people won't harp on it too much considering the circumstances surrounding its post production. I feel that if the movie is bad, it's going to be greeted with some disappointment and people will shift the narrative over to whatever comes next seeing as how it might be Snyder's last film in this universe. They'll look forward to whatever Wan, Jenkins and Reeves can come up with and sort of downplay Snyder's role in this universe (something that should have started a long time ago quite frankly).

I just don't feel people are looking for blood this around. They got that out of their system after BvS and SS came out. WW's reception healed some of that so the burden on JL won't be so big thus you won't have the vent up emotion people spent three years building for BvS.

Are we doing JL RT predictions yet? Cuz I'm looking 50% at the least just based on the fact that it won't be a philosophical exercise like BvS was.
What does MoS have? 51% I'll hedge my bets and say JL will get 60%

I'm not expecting a lot, but hey

And like, BvS had to deal with the Civil War shit that started when they were both gonna come out on the same day and that shit rolled from there then the movie itself was just okay but people used all their hyperbole on the movie. The SS dealt with just being horrible.

Yager

Banned
What Rebirth run is to be recommended?

Superman, Action Comics, Wonder Woman, Deathstroke, Batman (All Star and Detective too), Green Arrow, Aquaman, Hal Jordan and the Green Lanterns. Those are the ones I enjoy the most, Supes, Green Arrow and Wondie being my top 3.

Sambrez_

WW aside, Snyder hasn't done anything to deserve praise so far in regards to these characters so he doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt going forward.

Could not disagree more.
I firmly believe that there is a long term vision for the characters building and I dig it a lot so far.

Anyone see that Zemeckis' is gearing up to start filming a new Drama, adding more cast members by the day? I'd say that IF Warner still wants him for The Flash, we're not getting it anytime soon. He'd probably be tied up with this film for at least a year or more.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ns-steve-carell-robert-zemeckis-drama-1017274

It starts filming in November. It was one of the things reported on, Warner Bros has to decide if they want to wait until almost 2019 to start filming with Zemeckis or pick someone who could start sooner. One of the trades said he was taken out of consideration for that reason, but was recently re-added to the pool of candidates.

Top Bottom