• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ross61

I would also like for the to, unlike the tv show, give Reverse Flasg's actual reason for his hate of the Flash. The most recent one that was in a recent Flash comics was the best.

Flashpoint had a thing where with Superman, Batman, and Flash sidelined by RF's machinations, the world's premiere hero was Cyborg. They could give that some added focus/perspective time, make him the co-star.

Loxley

1501037477037.jpg

"Let's rope you're not too late."

m8MA5eC.gif

Raptor

It always bothered me that Waller states that a glorified sniper, a guy with skin disease, a guy who's good at throwing boomerangs, a girl with a baseball bat and a guy who's really good at tying his shoes would be the "answer" to the next "superman".

Maybe Katana could do some serious damage considering her sword's magical hablities, but that would need for her to get close, the only real valuable asset would be Enchantress who ironically was the one who "defected".

It makes sense that they are "expendable" and willing to do whatever to reduce their sentence.

You would battle darkseid too if that meant cutting 30 years of your jail sentence.

You would probably die first tho you aint having any powers.

shingi70

Banned
Is Sucide Squad in need of a big change, while it was savaged critically Gibson or most other directors wouldn't make a film that would tap into what made the movie popular in the first place.

Penguin

I'd like to see JJ on... well actually not GLC... I dug his Star Wars and Star Trek films, but don't think he goes all out for insane space visuals... hmm

Hmm on Superman could be cool.

But honestly I kind of want to see more females given a chance

strafer

I'd like to see JJ on... well actually not GLC... I dug his Star Wars and Star Trek films, but don't think he goes all out for insane space visuals... hmm

He was suppose to do direct Superman: Flyby back in the day.

As I really liked Mission Impossible 3, i could dig SS2 being a JJ Joint. And have Doctor Light (the rapey one) on the squad to justify the constant lens flares.

Penguin

No, Corey, not each member of the Justice League needs an origin movie like Ant-Man. 🙄

Personally, one of the reasons I hope Justice League is really good. I want it put to bed that this is the only way to do these type of movies because for some odd reason decades of ensemble flicks haven't proven you can introduce an entire team of people in a single movie.

Ninjimbo

Personally, one of the reasons I hope Justice League is really good. I want it put to bed that this is the only way to do these type of movies because for some odd reason decades of ensemble flicks haven't proven you can introduce an entire team of people in a single movie.
Seriously. It's like the Ocean films don't exist.

I was gonna watch 12 Angry Men the other night, but then I realized that they were going to try to introduce 12 different Angry Men in one film, without any setup films. It's total BS. You can't just introduce 12 characters like that without 12 origin films.

I was gonna watch 12 Angry Men the other night, but then I realized that they were going to try to introduce 12 different Angry Men in one film, without any setup films. It's total BS. You can't just introduce 12 characters like that without 12 origin films.

the 48 movie slog that is the 47 Ronin epic series

Penguin

Ocean Films didn't try and have setup films beforehand either

I am still waiting on the Magnificent Seven solo film prequels before I ever watch one of those!

LionPride

Banned
How's that relevant though? Would you have preferred they have no setup films at all?
Than try and set up, kinda not do so hot, then have their teamup film with only two characters having a film to themselves before hand and introducing everyone else, yeah

Rather do setup for most of the team or just go straight to teamup and do intros there

Penguin

Than try and set up, kinda not do so hot, then have their teamup film with only two characters having a film to themselves before hand and introducing everyone else, yeah

Rather do setup for most of the team or just go straight to teamup and do intros there

I'm not sure why you can't do both... Like set up some chars, who can form the core and then introduce others

Or did we love the Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Vision origin movies?

You know what, nevermind. Not worth a fight.

I just don't think there's an one-size fit all method to movie making

LionPride

Banned
I'm not sure why you can't do both... Like set up some chars, who can form the core and then introduce others

Or did we love the Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Vision origin movies?

You know what, nevermind. Not worth a fight.

I just don't think there's an one-size fit all method to movie making
I literally said do set up for most of the team

Most

Not all

Most

Like in my mind, if they did a setup all the way, you do Batman, Supes, WW, Flash. Have a reference to Aquaman or Cyborg/whatever black character they want here in one or two of em

Have them be properly introduced in JL

That's it

Ashhong

Agree to disagree I guess. I dont see a big difference in having some people setup vs "most" vs none. At least with some, you don't have to spend extra time setting up half the team. You're basically arguing they needed just one more movie lol. It literally wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Penguin

I literally said do set up for most of the team

Most

Not all

Most

Like in my mind, if they did a setup all the way, you do Batman, Supes, WW, Flash. Have a reference to Aquaman or Cyborg/whatever black character they want here in one or two of em

Have them be properly introduced in JL

That's it
Half the team has setup
And really the most important three

You would think it would be easier to wear a fake mustache for Mission Impossible and clean that up instead of the other way around.

Mission Impossible 6 director said,

In exactly one year you’ll understand: The only way to keep a fake ‘stache on Henry Cavill would be a liberal dose of staples. #MI6 07.27.18

I imagine Cavill is doing crazy stunt work on the movie where, be it underwater or strapped to a plane, the fake moustache wouldn't stay on.

shingi70

Banned
1C9u3KI.gif

Despite the fact that I really want superman to be more cheery and light hearted, I absolutely love this scene. It shows superman helping people after the Senate hearing, but you can tell that he's furstrated that beyond getting people out of the building their isn't much he can do.

Ashhong

Does anybody know if "Powerless" was considered part of the DCEU? Watching it and I like it. Lots of references to DC, including even Shazam.

And Vanessa Hudgens is pretty good. and super cute. Too bad it got cancelled

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Does anybody know if "Powerless" was considered part of the DCEU? Watching it and I like it. Lots of references to DC, including even Shazam.

And Vanessa Hudgens is pretty good. and super cute. Too bad it got cancelled
It's not connected in any way. Just a fun little side universe thing.

Top Bottom