• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

BadAss2961

I loved WW's costumes, but it's going to have a fight if Black Panther is also nominated. The costumes for that look so great.
I think they look terrible, like all costumes for fictional cultures in the MCU. I laughed when I saw someone compare it to Destiny (the game), because it's accurate.

I'm good with a WW Oscar campaign. It wasn't the greatest thing ever, but that movie might progress Hollywood's thinking as much as anything else that releases this year. For that, a simple nomination nod shouldn't be out of the question.

J_Viper

1501202924469.jpg

Reshoot Ben looks like when you make a custom character in Mass Effect, and he looks good in the Character Creator, but then you start the game and the face is all fucked up and you have to start all over

Loxley

1501202924469.jpg

Reshoot Ben looks like when you make a custom character in Mass Effect, and he looks good in the Character Creator, but then you start the game and the face is all fucked up and you have to start all over

Yeah, the reshoot shots are a bit jarring.

Not quite Kara Mara-wig in Fantf4stic levels of bad, but yeesh.

Ahasverus

Yeah, the reshoot shots are a bit jarring.

Not quite Kara Mara-wig in Fantf4stic levels of bad, but yeesh.
It's the lightning/cinematography. Snyder's shots make him look like Bruce Wayne, Whedon's make him look like your dad at your uncle's wedding.

I'm not 100% sure, I think most of Flash stuff will be what Snyder originally filmed.

He was always gonna to be the comic relief, and for example, the final rooftop scene in the trailer was like one of the first things the filmed.

You know, I've been thinking about the reshoots lately.

A small part of me wants them to just 'Cesar Romero' the mustache as an inside joke.

That's likely original Ben. Go look at him coming off of Live By Night and around the time of promoting BvS. He had that same botox and booze look.

Either way, it's jarring and hopefully someone realizes it.

Oh yeah, he's missing the hair piece for whatever reason too. Shit's just sloppy all around.

1501202924469.jpg

dude looks terrible in the reshoots. and whats worse is that it is jarring to see what was a reshoot scene and what wasn't. could have at least not had him shave for a day to get that stubble back.

I suspect they're using that revolutionary facial hair tech that they're using to remove cavill's boss stache to add facial hair onto Affleck.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Here's my question about that scene of them on the plane... That's not a Whedon reshoot, right? It can't be. People said that Ben was looking like that back in January/February with all the Live By Night stuff going down. Whedon wasn't doing reshoots until like a month or so ago. Ben hasn't looked like that for quite a while now.

So when was that plane scene filmed? They started in April of last year and finished their London shooting on Oct 2nd. Then they had addition stuff in Iceland. That's a long ass time to shoot a movie.

Here's my question about that scene of them on the plane... That's not a Whedon reshoot, right? It can't be. People said that Ben was looking like that back in January/February with all the Live By Night stuff going down. Whedon wasn't doing reshoots until like a month or so ago. Ben hasn't looked like that for quite a while now.

So when was that plane scene filmed? They started in April of last year and finished their London shooting on Oct 2nd. Then they had addition stuff in Iceland. That's a long ass time to shoot a movie.

If it's OG Ben (and I think it is), it's probably one of the first things filmed for Justice League. It looks like they're in a private plane and it's probably the only scene that happens on that set. Get the scene done and dismantle it so you can build a set that is going to be around longer.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If it's OG Ben (and I think it is), it's probably one of the first things filmed for Justice League. It looks like they're in a private plane and it's probably the only scene that happens on that set. Get the scene done and dismantle it so you can build a set that is going to be around longer.
Was he looking that rough back in April/May of last year though? I didn't think he was.

I wonder if Ben not being in shape for reshoots is what ultimately had WB second guessing his future in the role

I certainly wouldn't be planning on extensive reshoots months before a movie releases either, especially when you're looking at 8 months between wrapping and reshoots starting.

J_Viper

I certainly wouldn't be planning on extensive reshoots months before a movie releases either, especially when you're looking at 8 months between wrapping and reshoots starting.

That's certainly true, WB mangled this up from the start

Should have just delayed JL to March before filming

Ninjimbo

This Snyder V Whedon is only a couple of days old and I'm already sick of it. Let the movie come out before we start nitpicking cinematography please.

Besides, the latest rumors are telling us that Whedon is only shooting complimental material. Everything Snyder filmed is pretty much staying in the movie so we are at least getting 140 minutes of Snyder goodness.

Why are you guys complaining about shaving Ben and using that picture? It's not even the same shot or day in the movie..

Cause out of everything we've seen, that's the one shot that is ridiculously jarring when it comes to continuity. I mean they didn't even use the hair piece from the looks of things. It's sloppy at best.

Ashhong

Cause out of everything we've seen, that's the one shot that is ridiculously jarring when it comes to continuity. I mean they didn't even use the hair piece from the looks of things. It's sloppy at best.

How can it be a continuity issue if it's not the same scene or day? The hair...Maybe. Could also just be styled differently for a reason

Don't get me wrong, Ben looks bad overall and the lighting is jarring. But the stubble complaint seems very weird to me

How can it be a continuity issue if it's not the same scene or day? The hair...Maybe. Could also just be styled differently for a reason

Don't get me wrong, Ben looks bad overall and the lighting is jarring. But the stubble complaint seems very weird to me

The hair would be a continuity issue (people get paid to make sure this kind of stuff isn't overlooked), especially since you see the light coming through it in the upper right. It's sloppy.

It's bad enough a friend who doesn't pay attention to all of this nonsense even mentioned Ben looking weird in one scene yesterday when we grabbed dinner.

Top Bottom