• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Speaking of DC shows and if they connect to the DCEU, it was assumed Krypton was connected to the movies but Geoff Johns said it exists in its own universe.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of DC shows and if they connect to the DCEU, it was assumed Krypton was connected to the movies but Geoff Johns said it exists in its own universe.
Good, that means I don't have to watch it now. I reeeeeally don't give a fuck about Superman's grand parents, sorry.

Ross61

Slightly off-topic (but who cares we're in a dry spell anyway), but I saw ten minutes of The Expanse and thought it was one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

And that's considered one of the good ones
The Expanse is excellent, you're buggin

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Slightly off-topic (but who cares we're in a dry spell anyway), but I saw ten minutes of The Expanse and thought it was one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

And that's considered one of the good ones
I'll fight you.

Season 2 was badass!

Season 1 is slow, but picks up around midway through the season.

strafer

lDhdb11.gif

I love the little bunny hope he does.

1C9u3KI.gif

Despite the fact that I really want superman to be more cheery and light hearted, I absolutely love this scene. It shows superman helping people after the Senate hearing, but you can tell that he's furstrated that beyond getting people out of the building their isn't much he can do.

I still can't believe the motherfuckers cut that scene. In fact, I cant believe they cut any scene from the UC.

Does anybody know if "Powerless" was considered part of the DCEU? Watching it and I like it. Lots of references to DC, including even Shazam.

And Vanessa Hudgens is pretty good. and super cute. Too bad it got cancelled

With how bubbly and vivacious Hudgens was on that show i could see her playing live action Starfire, if she were only a foot taller.

I really feel like they could churn out a low budget movie with little cg in time for next year. But they'd have to start now and didn't allude to a second movie for next year at SDCC... Sigh.

Aquaman better be good.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm rewatching BvS extended cut and boy it is great. Amazing what a few changes can add to a film.

Powerless felt like a significantly less clever Better Off Ted with superheroes. Really, really lame looking superheroes, I might add. They did nooooot have the budget.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Sooooo Ayer tweeted this last night around midnight (Pacific time)

5TCZBAt.jpg

I take it he's still all in on some kind of movie that has Harley in it.

a916

Sooooo Ayer tweeted this last night around midnight (Pacific time)

5TCZBAt.jpg

I take it he's still all in on some kind of movie that has Harley in it.

Most of that useless mashable article with no sources came from Ayers comments about a PG13 movie (most definitely Scarface) and that lack of a GCS logo at Comic Con.

Maybe him and Berthal can switch

"Batman"

[Rubs back of head]

"Lemme ask u sumthin"

"What what what you think huh? You think you can just walk right in here, right in here to Gotham TO MY FUCKING TOWN IN YOUR DAMN CLOWN MASKS I WILL RIP OUT YOUR FUCKING EYEBALL AND STICK IT IN YOUR DICK HOLE."

Penguin

They're going for it!

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/wonder-woman-oscars-patty-jenkins-gal-gadot-comic-book-1202509132/

With $781 million in global box office receipts, “Wonder Woman” has already broken records as the highest-grossing movie directed by a woman ever.

Now Warner Bros., the studio behind the film, wants the action movie to break another glass ceiling. Although executives haven’t commented publicly on their plans, they have internally discussed launching a formidable awards-season campaign for the movie, in the hopes of making it the first comic-book film ever nominated for best picture, Variety has learned.

Yeah, Wonder Woman is a great film but it's not getting nominated for the big categories. Even as a cultural zeitgeist nomination, if Star Wars TFA at over a billion domestic with better reviews and closer to the awards can't do it, neither can WW.

That said, nominations for technical awards are probably happening.

bryanee

I can see it being nominated for stuff that isnt best flick much like how Suicide Squad was. Best costume type shit.

Ninjimbo

WW doesn't deserve an Oscar for anything outside of its performances. It's a good movie. Just leave it at that. The Oscars are for smaller movies that deserve some attention.

Loxley

I loved WW's costumes, but it's going to have a fight if Black Panther is also nominated. The costumes for that look so great.

Top Bottom